Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

For ebay it should look like below but you don't need to create a UK ebay account if you already have an Irish account, go as said above by Yamanoto (My ebay > Account > Addresses > View All postal Addresses >) and add the address as the screenshot, when buying for a UK only item go again to My ebay > Account > Addresses > View All postal Addresses > and change the UK address to primary by clicking on "Make primary" when buying an item to post to Ireland make primary the Irish address

ebaync.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

Fantastic service. Collected my over sized package from Finglas this evening. Open 24 hours a day bar Sunday. Will definetly use again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Is the Finglas depot just larger than the standard motels or is it a counter like collecting from anpost that's open 24/7?

Also used the citywest one earlier on, found the screen tended to stall somewhat and took some random tapping to get moving again but another very happy paying customer none the less I really do hope this takes off and does well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Might be away for a couple of days... worried about an item on ebay uk i am bidding on.

If i win and it arrives, it could be in parcel motel for up to 2 to 4 days before i collect. what is the storage time be fore it is returned to the depot?

Is it okay there for a couple of days?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Access wrote: »
    Might be away for a couple of days... worried about an item on ebay uk i am bidding on.

If i win and it arrives, it could be in parcel motel for up to 2 to 4 days before i collect. what is the storage time be fore it is returned to the depot?

Is it okay there for a couple of days?

It'll be kept for 48 hours and then either you collect in finglas or pay for redelivery somewhere

• Advertisement

5500 wrote: »
    Is the Finglas depot just larger than the standard motels or is it a counter like collecting from anpost that's open 24/7?

Also used the citywest one earlier on, found the screen tended to stall somewhat and took some random tapping to get moving again but another very happy paying customer none the less I really do hope this takes off and does well.

No the finglas depot is the warehouse where all the goods for parcel motel and nightline get delivered. There is a locker outside the depot but if your parcel is too big you go into the reception and you get your goods from the security guy.

its not 24/7 though its 24/6 (sundays they are closed i thinks)

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭marcus2000

picked up my first parcel last night from the Topaz in Finglas/Glasnevin. Got it from Amazon UK so free delivery..woohoo!! A bit of confusion finding the machine - the attendent hadnt a clue what I was talking about even when I showed him the card...He tried to direct me to some Hotels (Motels?) down the street!! defo using it again. v handy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

You didnt do a recce beforehand?, ah Marcus.

You didnt do a recce beforehand?, ah Marcus.

I did actually do a drive by to make sure the petrol station was a Topaz!! Didn't actually see any reference to Parcel Motel at the time....:D...but i was confident it must be "around the back somewhere!!!!"

marcus2000 wrote: »
    I did actually do a drive by to make sure the petrol station was a Topaz!! Didn't actually see any reference to Parcel Motel at the time....:D...but i was confident it must be "around the back somewhere!!!!"

Ah right. where was it in the end then?. Was it there and it was just a breakdown in communication with a foreign staff member or something with the directions he was giving you?.

• Advertisement

It was literally around the back of the Topaz. The foreign staff member didnt know what a Parcel Motel was. It was after hours though, so perhaps he couldnt hear through the protective glassing. After I showed him my Parcel Motel Card, he called a Garda over (who was in the shop) who directed me to the Carlton Hotel. At that point, I just wanted to walk away and look around myself (i guessed it was around the back)....but had to explain exactly what parcel motel was....that's when the attendent realised what I meant.

thats all very waffly.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

It was literally around the back of the Topaz.
    The PM website now says "At the back of the garage near the car wash" presumably to avoid such confusion in future :)

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭zu

I ordered a parcel from Britain to Antrim for collection at Browns Barn. My account was debited on 30th July. However I haven't got notification to collect. Would a three day delay be normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

It was literally around the back of the Topaz. The foreign staff member didnt know what a Parcel Motel was. It was after hours though, so perhaps he couldnt hear through the protective glassing. After I showed him my Parcel Motel Card, he called a Garda over (who was in the shop) who directed me to the Carlton Hotel. At that point, I just wanted to walk away and look around myself (i guessed it was around the back)....but had to explain exactly what parcel motel was....that's when the attendent realised what I meant.

thats all very waffly.

lol thats ridiculous!, sounds like something that would happen to me!.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Bartyman

Just ordered a few bits on sale from SportsDirect, they allow you pay through Amazon, (have my Parcel Motel set up in Amazon) so I used one of my Parcel Motel freebies for delivery, £3.99 delivery as opposed to £7.99

Probably not a great deal, as you pay €3.50 Parcel Motel along with sportsdirect 3.99, but if you still have your free deliveries from Parcel motel, might be worth a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭xtal191

I think someone posted a free delivery code for sportsdirect in the sportsdirect thread yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Bartyman

xtal191 wrote: »
    I think someone posted a free delivery code for sportsdirect in the sportsdirect thread yesterday.

Typical, ah well, wanted to try out the parcel motel, some other larger purchases planned so just using as a trial run.

Got great savings with what I ordered, including the sterling conversion, more than happy with that

Cheers

(Make note to check sportsdirect thread when ordering again) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

lol thats ridiculous!, sounds like something that would happen to me!.

The EXACT same thing happened to me, only I was hungover so I just left.
    Topaz really need to have a signpost, or at least let their staff know it's there!

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

Were is it?
    Hidden at the back after the car wash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Ordered with Amazon on Tuesday at 2.20pm and it shipped same day with Prime One-Day delivery.

Got a text today at 12:18 to say it was ready to collect.

Picked it up at lunch less than 48 hours after placing the order.

Savage service :)

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭FernandoTorres

I tried to order from Timberland online UK and used Parcel Motel as the address as they don't deliver to the Republic. However they said they won't ship to freight forwarders so refused the order. Pretty annoying as it's far cheaper than the Irish site.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

I tried to order from Timberland online UK and used Parcel Motel as the address as they don't deliver to the Republic. However they said they won't ship to freight forwarders so refused the order. Pretty annoying as it's far cheaper than the Irish site.

That's what I'd be worried about, that a 'big site' like Amazon or similar would start getting prissy about accepting a service like this.

It stinks, they're still getting trade, obviously it is just to protect 'different market zone pricing'.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Does anyone know when they debit the account in ParcelMotel, is it when the item arrives to the UK/Irish address or when it get deliver to the Parcel Motel location?

nava wrote: »
    Does anyone know when they debit the account in ParcelMotel, is it when the item arrives to the UK/Irish address or when it get deliver to the Parcel Motel location?

mine was deducted when they scanned it in belfast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I ordered for the fist time from amazon with the NI address.
    Saved 7e postage plus 6e against argos price:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

When u use the 2 free drops do they just charge your cc for future drops?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Their loss, fcuk them. I'd say it's more to do with rip off prices on their ROI site and middlemen though.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭postmanpat78

just to let people know,i created a new account on ebay,and paypal,and they where also accepted,i also added the disneystore in the uk,again no problems,they all accepted the addresses,im just wondering,if all these addresses come up on amazon,or ebay,will they stop sending,as im sure they will cop,its a business address,like the studio catalogue,they wouldnt ship to an address i had in the uk,i think it was forward 2 me,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭xtal191

Do they deliver on Sat?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement