Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Kace

JoePie wrote: »
    Picking up my first drop today. Amazon shipped it out in three seperate parts though. Annoying. Charged three times by PM. Not their fault in the slightest as they're receiving three different shipments, but yeah. MOANGROANETCETCETC.

Same here. You live and learn. Just something else to think about when ordering multiple items from any provider. Sellers normally give the option to ship as each item is ready, or wait until all are fulfilled before shipping. I think Amazon offers this option.

Haven't had any issues with the screen at all, although the angle of the glass does make you look twice when entering the digits.

The one thing I don't like is that I have to re-enter my mobile for collection of multiple items. Maybe I missed it but I didn't notice the option to 'collect another parcel' using the same phone number that was just keyed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭richiek67

Hi All, Another safe delivery. Thank PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

About the Amazon combining items, yes they do if the items are from Amazon themselves or an Amazon trusted retailer. I've just ordered 3 items from 3 retailers in Amazon and I wasn't offered the combine items into one delivery option that normally I get when going through the checkout process, and of course the 3 items were dispatched separately!

Minor gripe though, had a feeling that this would happen as a) none of the retailers were Amazon affiliated and b) no option given to combine items in one delivery during checkout!

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JoePie

Yeah, I was expecting two deliveries. I ordered form an independant retailer (shipped on it's own), Amazon and Amazon Warehouse, which did end up getting shipped together, bar my Batman trilogy blu-rays came on their own. Annoying. I'll just have to be craftier in future.

Still, first successful pick-up. Didn't mind the touchscreen too much. Got giddy when the slots popped open and I had to look and around to see which ones opened with my stuff in. Got some awfully strange looks from people though. I don't think I've ever seen anyone using the Parcel Motel near me, so I guess they were wondering what I was up to.

The only criticism I have is that I couldn't open more than slot at a time. Like, if I could just enter my mobile number the once, enter a code, then click an 'add another' button to stick in another code. Just would've made the whole thing that bit quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭devil-80

Is there anyway to get postage delivered to parcel motel from ebay.uk- argos outlet does anyone knows?
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

devil-80 wrote: »
    Is there anyway to get postage delivered to parcel motel from ebay.uk- argos outlet does anyone knows?
    Thanks

I ordered a TV from there yesterday and they accepted the belfast address. It's yet to be dispatched though. I think there's other general problems with ordering from them though so I'll only be happy when I know it's in the post

I have only Newtownabbey parcel motel address i wonder will that work fine-they also required signature for postage delivered by courier so i think the parcel motel is not good for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,105 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

I have only Newtownabbey parcel motel address i wonder will that work fine-they also required signature for postage delivered by courier so i think the parcel motel is not good for me.

Sure someone has to accept it at the depot, they will sign

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

Can anyone confirm whether PM will sign for a Royal Mail signed for package?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

wtlltw wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm whether PM will sign for a Royal Mail signed for package?

Of course they will.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

Davy wrote: »
    Of course they will.

cool thanks

ok so anyone get already delivered stuff from argos outlet?have to be sure before Ill but the stuff from ebay.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Thanks
    Yes. Rtfm in fairness!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭Guffy

How does this work re ni drops? If ordering from amazon UK etc. Do you need to drive up to the north to collect the package?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Where's that pic of Picard when you need it?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

gufc21 wrote: »
    How does this work re ni drops? If ordering from amazon UK etc. Do you need to drive up to the north to collect the package?
    Ah heyore. Rtfm is right!

Go to www.parcelmotel.com and see how it works...

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

All the info you need regarding this kinda stuff is here:
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Parcel+Motel

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

gufc21 wrote: »

Yeah

No, not really!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

griffdaddy wrote: »
    I ordered a TV from there yesterday and they accepted the belfast address. It's yet to be dispatched though. I think there's other general problems with ordering from them though so I'll only be happy when I know it's in the post

What size tv did you order griffdaddy?

I'm looking at a 22inch Toshiba
    Size of TV H37.5, W55.2, D6.6cm.
    Weight of TV 4.9kg (unpackaged).

Just don't want to be stung for additional costs

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭ling-zing

any update on a wexford motel opening ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭hangar18_

Any mayo motels opening soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭MJ434

Does anyone know if i get something sent to Parcelmotel from china will i have to pay import duty?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

MJ434 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if i get something sent to Parcelmotel from china will i have to pay import duty?

AFAIK normally on items shipped from outside EU you have to pay duty, I think you're exempt if the item(s) are under a certain value, but not sure on this. Also some shops have an option to pay duty for your country directly to them/shipping company.
    I've ordered often from dx.com -to my home address- and never had to pay duty (maybe I was just lucky). Personally I wouldn't risk it 'cause PM refuse your package if duty is due on it. Surely shipping from China direct to your home address couldn't be more expensive than to PM in UK?
    PM is great but wouldn't use them in this case...

Decided to write a PM FAQ topic, have a look: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056894059
    Hopefully this stops seeing the same questions asked over and over here...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

^ Are you looking for a job? :)

Great idea, and a very well-written post.

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    ^ Are you looking for a job? :)

Great idea, and a very well-written post.

Nope, I was bored and a little annoyed seeing the same questions all the time...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

What size tv did you order griffdaddy?

I'm looking at a 22inch Toshiba
    Size of TV H37.5, W55.2, D6.6cm.
    Weight of TV 4.9kg (unpackaged).

Just don't want to be stung for additional costs

Thanks

Went for a 43 inch. It's under the allowed weight but will obviously be oversized so I'll be picking it up in Finglas. Hopefully there's no return issues or it could get messy..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

flyguy wrote: »
    Nope, I was bored and a little annoyed seeing the same questions all the time...
    Chances are you will continue to see the same questions,but good work on the topic all the same :)

Anyone tried to buy online from next shop? When Im trying its says that not valid post code (parcel motel newtownabbey).
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Did you try both post codes, BT36 4PE or BT36 4PX?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement