Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭devil-80

I tried BT364PE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

So you mean to say; No I didn't try both post codes and you probably also didn't read this before you posted: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056894059
    All the effort I put in;-)...

Fair enough i think the problem is with that PM Newtonabby is Northern Ireland so does not fall under "UK-mainland shipping" so cant buy in next another shop out from my list.
    Ok next page refuse my delivery address boohoo.com and they deliver to Northern Ireland. Ok i think i just leave this parcel motel because its never works for me. Thanks

Strange, haven't heard of problems with these, it doesn't mean there aren't any...
    Is it maybe a problem with billing/shipping address? Your transaction could be refused if you enter PM as your billing address, but it's not registered as your billing address with your CC/bank. Don't know about these shops but most allow you to enter a separate billing and shipping address, make sure you do. Most shops check the billing address against the one registered with your card, if they don't match they'll refuse your order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

flyguy wrote: »
    Most shops check the billing address against the one registered with your card, if they don't match they'll refuse your order.

Thats happened with a few UK websites I seen people post about this issue before when address dont match you can't order some one mention changing there billing adress to the same as there Parcel Motel address but I dont know if that was successful or not.

• Advertisement

I changed for parcel motel billing add was canceled, changed for my irish billing address and was also canceled and i dont want to pay in euros because you can choose ireland. Anyway founded them at ebay and they posting to Ireland as well.

@griffdaddy did you get your tv? im still waiting for argos outlet-no replay about delivery,no cancel etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

devil-80 wrote: »
    @griffdaddy did you get your tv? im still waiting for argos outlet-no replay about delivery,no cancel etc.

I'm picking it up from Finglas depot tonight. I'll let you know if it arrived safely. Ended up paying 340 euro including delivery cause the Parcel Motel was 17 euro. (The box was huge) Still an absolute bargain though. It's a 43 inch HD-Ready 3D Samsung plasma, nearest prices are around 500 Sterling. Give Argos a ring. my status didn't change either for ages. Do you have a link you can click for tracking that starts with CB? Or can you see any number on your item page that starts with CB? If you do you can track it on Yodel's website. It's not straightforward though, there's a specific way to track Argos items

I have in my email order number starting from ecb.
    How long does it takes from time when you have paid for it to get delivered?
    I tried to email them but still no replay.
    No record on the Yodel website.
    Tried to ring but office is close now will try tomorrow then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

It arrived at Parcel Motel in Belfast on Friday or Saturday and I placed the order on Tuesday. Try tracking on the Yodel website. You have to click consignment tracking and then enter the number. Try it with ecb and then maybe with just the cb part onwards. Argos don't seem to be great for communication.

• Advertisement

ok i founded there is something like that
    04/03/13 12:12 Signature HOLDEN CARRICKFERGUS HOME DELIVERY (YODEL)
    is that correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

looking to order a mobile 217 from an amazon seller who won't send to the south but will to the north, worth the risk of getting it sent to the PM north address? Wish they allowed customers to pay a bit extra to cover any lose between PM north and your local depot!

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭ene

i am expecting a parcel, my account was debited yesterday but the parcel is not showing up in my transactions.

in my bank statement i noticed i was debited, i hope there is not a problem!

normally i wouldnt have any issues with parcel motel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

Orla or who ever from parcelmotel,

I sent an enquiry about my account and a charge you added , its nearly a month now and no reply???
    I was charged it seems as you wouldnt accept the delivery/passing of the item to you, well,I should say
    I was charged by you, to tell me that you did not accept something on my behalf and you left a note in a locker for me, which you texted me about

you wouldnt forward the parcel/item but you forwarded the letter from another vendor and charge me for that?

why didnt you just text me to say you wouldnt take the item? why do you charge me for that??

?

I have since ordered something else online, via parcelmotel and its being directed via someone else, not quite sure if the second problem is your fault yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

Merch wrote: »
    Orla or who ever from parcelmotel,

I sent an enquiry about my account and a charge you added , its nearly a month now and no reply???
    I was charged it seems as you wouldnt accept the delivery/passing of the item to you, well,I should say
    I was charged by you, to tell me that you did not accept something on my behalf and you left a note in a locker for me, which you texted me about

you wouldnt forward the parcel/item but you forwarded the letter from another vendor and charge me for that?

why didnt you just text me to say you wouldnt take the item? why do you charge me for that??

?

I have since ordered something else online, via parcelmotel and its being directed via someone else, not quite sure if the second problem is your fault yet

Not sure what's happened here. Please PM me your PMID and I will put this right for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I can't find anything about this so:

If I order something from lets say Amazon.co.uk using the NI address which falls under UK vat rate, which makes items work out cheaper for me.

Will I get stung by customs here or will it be ok? (Order over €300)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

DaLad wrote: »
    I can't find anything about this so:

If I order something from lets say Amazon.co.uk using the NI address which falls under UK vat rate, which makes items work out cheaper for me.

Will I get stung by customs here or will it be ok? (Order over €300)

Nope you will be fine as it's still within the EU.

Ok i got my postage from argos outlet. Thanks

god's toy wrote: »
    Nope you will be fine as it's still within the EU.

Oh, so that's how it works. I should have known that!

Thanks for your reply!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Could some explain this parcel motel to me?

Do I set up an account and order stuff to the parcel motel in Northern Ireland and then parcel motel drops it to Dublin for me to collect?

(sorry for the silly questions but I cant grasp this at all)

• Advertisement

Yeah, if you are wanting to order something that requires a UK address then you get it delivered to your PM NI address, where it is taken in & then transported to your selected PM location be it Dublin, Cork or wherever. Usually within the same day of it arriving in NI! All for €3.50 or using 1 of your 2 free introductory drops.

Of course, you also get an ROI address to use for anything you may want to order that doesn't require a UK address.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Yeah, if you are wanting to order something that requires a UK address then you get it delivered to your PM NI address, where it is taken in & then transported to your selected PM location be it Dublin, Cork or wherever. Usually within the same day of it arriving in NI! All for €3.50 or using 1 of your 2 free introductory drops.

Of course, you also get an ROI address to use for anything you may want to order that doesn't require a UK address.
    You would only use the Dublin depot address if you either won't be home for the postman or you can't have stuff delivered to your work address. Otherwise, it's a waste of €3.50.

@dickwod1 Read how it works on www.parcelmotel.com It's not rocket science...

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    You would only use the Dublin depot address if you either won't be home for the postman or you can't have stuff delivered to your work address. Otherwise, it's a waste of €3.50.

That was assumed.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭postmanpat78

for any new people who may be having problems with the ordering and the loging in,have a look at flyguys post on page 180.post number 2695 might answer some of your questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,022 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Would somebody be able to point out on google maps where exactly the collection office is in Mygan Business Park?

Also this might be worth adding the location to the parcel mote site?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Would somebody be able to point out on google maps where exactly the collection office is in Mygan Business Park?

Also this might be worth adding the location to the parcel mote site?

https://maps.google.com/?ll=53.400449,-6.295268&spn=0.001398,0.004128&t=m&z=19&layer=c&cbll=53.40052,-6.295438&panoid=CRoIaNRmNpzireXO-PbjDw&cbp=12,222.99,,0,10.35

Just down from the Spar/ deputy mayor pub. Coming from m50 finglas exit, its straight through at Charlestown lights and its on the right after the spar.

Coming from ballymun,, straight through the roundabout at fas, and its on the left. You cant miss it with the large parcel motel banner running along the width of the building.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

That was assumed.
    Assumed by you. You were answering a poster with zero knowledge of how Parcel Motel worked, so my clarification was appropriate.
    for any new people who may be having problems with the ordering and the loging in,have a look at flyguys post on page 180.post number 2695 might answer some of your questions.

Here is a direct link to the info you are talking about - flyguy's excellent new Parcel Motel FAQ thread.

@mods Any chance the FAQ thread could be stickied (or else mentioned in the first post of this thread)?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭postmanpat78

esel that was the post that i mentioned the post number is that thread.

• Advertisement

esel that was the post that i mentioned the post number is that thread.

I though you meant that too, there seems to be a difference in page numbers depending on which browsers (mobile/desktop) you use.
    I'm on my iPhone and my PM FAQ appears on page 225, and this post on page 228. On desktop I think It might be different...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement