Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Esel wrote: »
    @mods Any chance the FAQ thread could be stickied (or else mentioned in the first post of this thread)?
    Done, I might add more to the first post when I get a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

flyguy wrote: »
    I though you meant that too, there seems to be a difference in page numbers depending on which browsers (mobile/desktop) you use.
    I'm on my iPhone and my PM FAQ appears on page 225, and this post on page 228. On desktop I think It might be different...

Yeah I have my settings so I get max amount of posts per page so I have only 69 pages in this thread currently. Other people might have it set similarly but I found it easily from the post no. always handy to link it too tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭postmanpat78

flyguy and dalad,according to my safari which i use,the post was the number i gave,so as u say must be something to do with the browsers how ever if they find your post,im sure there questions will be answered.

flyguy and dalad,according to my safari which i use,the post was the number i gave,so as u say must be something to do with the browsers how ever if they find your post,im sure there questions will be answered.

Yeah it was the post # you gave, like I said, found it easily! Just I have my boards.ie settings to get maximum posts per page so I have less pages than default.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

If an delivery was signed for at 11.40am today in PM in Northern Ireland should I get it delivered tonight or tomorrow any ideas?

Thanks

• Advertisement

If an delivery was signed for at 11.40am today in PM in Northern Ireland should I get it delivered tonight or tomorrow any ideas?

Thanks

Where are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

If you don't collect a package does it sit there collecting charges every 48 hours or is it returned to the depot?

I got a notification last night but can't collect until sunday

DaLad wrote: »
    Where are you based?

Lucan Dublin

Chet T16 wrote: »
    If you don't collect a package does it sit there collecting charges every 48 hours or is it returned to the depot?

I got a notification last night but can't collect until sunday

It charges you €3.50 per 48 hours until you collect it.

Lucan Dublin

Judging by other peoples experiences, you should have it tonight with any luck, if not, then definitely tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,495 ✭✭✭irishgeo

3 times i have asked this and still waiting for an answer, can we expect a parcel motel in mayo soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

irishgeo wrote: »
    3 times i have asked this and still waiting for an answer, can we expect a parcel motel in mayo soon?

Last I heard Ballina or Castlebar end of March, I'm still waiting on some news regarding Wexford town.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

esel that was the post that i mentioned the post number is that thread.
    Not really, though.

Post #2695 contains a link to flyguy's FAQ thread. There is no FAQ stuff in #2695 itself. Post numbers can change after the fact though (e.g. if a prior post gets deleted). Also, in a megathread it can sometimes be a chore to find an unlinked post that is pages (of variable size) back.

Sorry if you thought I was saying you were wrong. That was not my intention. I was just trying to give a direct link to the FAQ. I have edited my post accordingly.

Anyway, rubadub has now popped a link to the FAQ thread into the first post of this here megathread, so hopefully it will help people new to the thread, and keep the s/n ratio down.

OT: I've used Parcel Motel a good few times so far, and think it is a great service.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

I got an email at 2pm yesterday:

"The balance on your Parcel Motel account is not sufficient for us to process your parcel. Please log in to parcelmotel.com and top up your account."

I topped up by 2:30.

However the 3.50 has not been deducted from my account yet, and I still haven't received a text or email to tell me that a parcel awaits me.

How long does it take for the fact that a top up has been done to trigger release of the parcel into the system?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

The credit notice is triggered at the warehouse. Took a day for my parcel to transit to the motel after paying, but I'm in Cork.

esel i didnt think you where wrong,as mentioned by other people it differs from what web browser you use so on my laptop it was the post number i gave,no big deal im sure people will find it anyway.after all his hard work writing the post,it should be top of the list............

DaLad wrote: »

Judging by other peoples experiences, you should have it tonight with any luck, if not, then definitely tomorrow.
    Might be in trouble then bought a phone from eBay, sent by Royal Mail with tracking number according to their track and trace package was signed for at 11.38 and there is a scan of a signature that can't make out emailed to customer support this morning but they couldn't give me any info just there was nothing on the account for me, any similar situations?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

This post has been deleted.

Yes

Well PM'd Orla, so we will see what happens, I'm not sure if Royal Mail are in the habit of stealing packages up north, and just making some unreadable signature for the scan, but according to the PM FAQ they issue a receipt number for all deliveries to prove they had taken the package, I wonder do they do this with Royal Mail?

• Advertisement

them there people here in boards,any chance u move the parcel posts from page 3 on my laptop,to maybe page one,it use to be page 1,now its on page 3,unless its just my laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭rameire

them there people here in boards,any chance u move the parcel posts from page 3 on my laptop,to maybe page one,it use to be page 1,now its on page 3,unless its just my laptop.

sounds like your computer, you will need to clear out the flux,
    by setting the capacitor ratio to a max of 300mb.
    you need to do that in the controller settings page

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

ok ramiere but how do i do that sounds very complicating

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Just plug it out and dip it in a shallow tray of water. That'll earth the flux capacitor, and it'll flay the shingle cam at the same time, which will triple your Facebook throughput.

dahamsta wrote: »
    Just plug it out and dip it in a shallow tray of water. That'll earth the flux capacitor, and it'll flay the shingle cam at the same time, which will triple your Facebook throughput.

That idea, while good in itself, really should be accompanied by the Balanced Broadband Capacity adjustment Type 2. AFAIK, this is best performed on an odd- dated Tuesday, as the sun's induced capacity rate is reduced on even-dated days by the formula: (bandwidth/3*(pi times month number)) minus 2.

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    I got an email at 2pm yesterday:

"The balance on your Parcel Motel account is not sufficient for us to process your parcel. Please log in to parcelmotel.com and top up your account."

I topped up by 2:30.

However the 3.50 has not been deducted from my account yet, and I still haven't received a text or email to tell me that a parcel awaits me.

How long does it take for the fact that a top up has been done to trigger release of the parcel into the system?

I still haven't got a notification that my parcel has been processed yet. Should it take this long?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Parcel delivered to Antrim last Monday and still no show in dublin

I still haven't got a notification that my parcel has been processed yet. Should it take this long?
    Ok. Something's happening. My account has been debited with the €3.50. So we seems to be moving again...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Ok. Something's happening. My account has been debited with the €3.50. So we seems to be moving again...:)

If you check your online account now you can also view a very pretty picture of it, hah.

• Advertisement

Achilles wrote: »
    If you check your online account now you can also view a very pretty picture of it, hah.

I thought you were shi&&%ng me. But I looked, and you're right! :-) Is there no end to thistechnology lark?? :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement