Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Well Lads, just a heads up when buying from Ebay, I bought a couple of items from sellers before for delivery to PM up north and always received the items as the sender always included the PMID on the labeling, but hey I go and buy an mobile from a seller in the UK well over the 100 euro mark, and it's sent out via Royal Mail last Tuesday, it goes out for delivery on Friday morning and there is a POD friday at 11.39, I could see the signature scan but couldn't make it out, I was sure it would arrive Friday night or Saturday to my drop off in Dublin, but no sign of it or nothing on the account, emailed customer service saturday morning who could find no record of the delivery in Belfast, PM'd Orla yesterday about it and 8.20 this morning she had Ruth on the case for me, I forwarded the scanned signature, and she advised that it was one of their staff in Belfast, so at least it had arrived at Parcel Motel, next thing was to track it down, Ruth advised me that what could have happened was that the package either was missing the PMID, my name or both, she would let me know by 2pm when they go through deliveries missing this information, and thank God, they found it, and it's on it's way to my collection point.

Main point from this saga is if buying something off ebay make sure the Seller includes your PMID on the packaging or else you'll end up with sleepless nights like i've had over the weekend.
    Kudos to Orla & Ruth for getting this sorted for me within a day great service :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

2 questions:

#1 - If Parcel Motel receive a parcel belong to me & there is a charge of €3.50 due for it, do they take it (the 3.50) from my linked credit card or is there a minimum charge like the €10 top up? (PM answered this for me on Twitter, answer was, just the €3.50 would be deducted)

#2 - Has anyone any idea how long it takes them to deliver from their NI depot to a Parcel Motel in Waterford?

Answer - Received my parcel into my Parcel Motel this morning at 7am, (it arrived in Belfast yesterday morning)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Hi,

I had a delivery dropped there last week ( Friday ) but no sign of it leaving. As in my account has not been debited.

Is there any way to check if there is a package there for me ? - if there is let me know and i'll PM you my details.

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

NeVeR wrote: »
    Hi,

I had a delivery dropped there last week ( Friday ) but no sign of it leaving. As in my account has not been debited.

Is there any way to check if there is a package there for me ? - if there is let me know and i'll PM you my details.

thanks.
    PM Orla with your PMID and POD if available some packages arrive with the PMID missing and even though your name is on it it goes into their un identified items section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭steel_spine

I got all excited about picking up my first parcel today, only to find I must have been sent the wrong pin or something, as even after confirming all my details over the phone, the machine keeps telling me my details are wrong (yes, I entered the numbers correctly and doublechecked. multiple times). Now I have to wait for the next driver along to open the box and put my parcel back in so so I get texted a new pin and can try again.
    My gfs parcel also got sent to the wrong person in the wrong city, but everyone I've mentioned Parcelmotel to has got their stuff no problem. Seems my household is just jinxed :(.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

^ Are you sure you entered your mobile no. (not your PM Id) then the 4 digit code?

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭steel_spine

Esel wrote: »
    ^ Are you sure you entered your mobile no. (not your PM Id) then the 4 digit code?

Yep, did it several times and confirmed with them on the phone that they had the same number.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

I have received a number of packages, bought from Amazon and e-Bay sellers since the service began. All worked brilliantly from the ParcelMotel perspective. Excellent service.

I have now encountered a problem with an Amazon seller, from whom I received products that must be returned. However, because the items were bought at a zero postage cost for delivery in UK, the seller will not refund postage which is approx €20 from Ireland back to UK.

Is there any way, the ParcelMotel network can be used for such returns?

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭neonitrix

Is anyone experiencing delays via the parcel motel northern ireland address. Had item shipped from Asda Direct on the 5th March and have still not heard anything from parcel motel.

regards

neonitrix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Chad_Fantastics

I've been seeing something a little strange while trying to sort a oversized delivery. Calling the 1890 24 17 17 number from the states put me through to a medical clinic and the woman who answered did say they get regular calls for PM?

Posted in case it helps somebody else.

Anyways, finally got through to PM when dialing back in Ireland and they've sent the item down to the Cork depot free of charge so a big thanks for the service!

M.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Does it matter if "Parcel Motel" isn't on the delivery address?

They have my PMID number and the Finglas address.

That's enough surely?

No space to include "Parcel Motel"

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Has anyone successfully used Parcel Motel to order from NEXT in the UK?
    The pricing is about 20% higher on the ROI site, but I know that some of the UK retailers block cards from Ireland or that some will fail on security check due to using the PM address rather than the cardholder address.
    Would appreciate any details from anyone that has tried this

Thanks,
    -fm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

PopTarts wrote: »
    Does it matter if "Parcel Motel" isn't on the delivery address?

They have my PMID number and the Finglas address.

That's enough surely?

No space to include "Parcel Motel"

Put "parcel motel" on the same line as the PMID?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    I have now encountered a problem with an Amazon seller, from whom I received products that must be returned. However, because the items were bought at a zero postage cost for delivery in UK, the seller will not refund postage which is approx €20 from Ireland back to UK.

I think you'll just have to bite your tongue and take the hit, I can't think of an alternative and it isn't really down to them. I'd definitely get in touch with Parcel Motel about it though, perhaps they might organise a discount with Nightline as a goodwill gesture.

Another concern for me is that if items are received to your PMID without having been ordered, they will accepted and billed as normal. This could easily happen if a vendor decides to send a free sample or an offer in the post. I'm guessing you can work around this by just keeping your balance below €3.50, but it'd be nice to have a system whereby you can book in an expected delivery, or authorise deliveries selectively.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭neonitrix

Is there currently anyone from Parcel Motel on this thread, I have pm'd Orla but she has not come back to me.

regards

neonitrix

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

neonitrix wrote: »
    Is anyone experiencing delays via the parcel motel northern ireland address. Had item shipped from Asda Direct on the 5th March and have still not heard anything from parcel motel.

regards

neonitrix

I was just about to ask about Asda direct... Went to buy something using my PM address... but asda seem to require a uk contact number? and a non uk prefix doesnt seem to work as it gets refused.

Have tried adding 00353 to my mobile but its refusing it.

When a uk vendor like Asda direct asks for a uk contact what do we add? - I know they dont really need the number as all tracking and contact is done through email... but at least one contact number needs to be included. Do i just add PMs Antrim office contact number?

Thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Put in their own number. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

Hey Orla, I've just ordered two games from Play.com/Zavvi but I made the mistake of not putting my PMID in the delievery address....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

The parcel motel website is telling me that this package is oversized, I really can't see how.

I've PM'd Orla and send customer service and email.
    Anyone else have a problem like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

TomCo wrote: »
    The parcel motel website is telling me that this package is oversized, I really can't see how.

I've PM'd Orla and send customer service and email.
    Anyone else have a problem like this?
    Just got a reply back (very quick).
    Thanks for getting in touch.

I can confirm that there was a problem with everything checked in via our Belfast depot on this date. Everything scanned was put through as oversized as a system error.
    I can confirm that this is not the case and that there has been a huge backlog in getting these out. You should actually receive that piece into your parcel motel within the next 48 hours and you will be notified by text.
    You should also be able to see the status of that package change online when this goes out to you.

TomCo wrote: »
    Just got a reply back (very quick).
    comment below is not aimed at TomCo.
    PM wrote:
    .. there was a problem with everything checked in via our Belfast depot on this date. Everything scanned was put through as oversized as a system error.... there has been a huge backlog in getting these out.
    Are they serious? I accept that a 'system error' can happen, but surely it should have been spotted fairly promptly so that 'a huge backlog' did not occur.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Kilteragh

comment below is not aimed at TomCo.Are they serious? I accept that a 'system error' can happen, but surely it should have been spotted fairly promptly so that 'a huge backlog' did not occur.

Mistakes happen and they're being open and honest about it and putting it right.

^ Did you actually read what I posted before replying?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Kilteragh

^ Did you actually read what I posted before replying?

Yes. You're saying that they made a mistake and they should have caught it earlier. This based on you having practically no information on, or idea what caused it in the first place.

Maybe they should adopt the policy that large corporations do by giving vague non-committal statements to cover themselves.

Instead PM mentioned a "huge backlog", which is the outcome and by being upfront about it ended up being chastised by somebody who doesn't even seem to have been affected by the issue in the first place (based on the information available ;) ).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

neonitrix wrote: »
    Is there currently anyone from Parcel Motel on this thread, I have pm'd Orla but she has not come back to me.

regards

neonitrix

Same here, I PM'd Parcel Motel rep (Orla) and havent been responded to in over a week, I think it was over a month when I sent them a message on their own website by the time I'd PM'd them here, and no PM reply.
    Can you reply by PM to me about my query Orla? no point replying in the thread as I dont necessarily get notification, plus its a query regarding my account with you.
    Thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

Are parcel motel able to accept registered post ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Jumboman wrote: »
    Are parcel motel able to accept registered post ?

yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Amazon
    If parcel motel is used does this mean only 20% is charged vat rather then 23% to Ireland ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement