Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Anyone got an idea how long Royal Mail take to deliver to Parcel Motel Belfast if you select the supersaver option on Amazon.co.uk? It shipped on Wednesday but doesn't give a tracking number?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Anyone got an idea how long Royal Mail take to deliver to Parcel Motel Belfast if you select the supersaver option on Amazon.co.uk? It shipped on Wednesday but doesn't give a tracking number?

24-48 Hours i would imagine, so it should be with you by Monday (not sure if PM do a Saturday delivery)

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭postmanpat78

qwas75 forward2me,they offer a uk address,maybe you could get the items shipped to the address they give then get it forwarded to your pm address and they give a uk phone number.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

Does Parcel motel add on import tax if you buy something from outside the EU ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Jumboman wrote: »
    No.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Jumboman wrote: »
    snubbleste wrote: »
    No.
    Also, they will not accept delivery if there is any duty/tax due, afaik.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Champ

The Saturday deliveries are superb.
    Had something arrive at the UK PM address on Friday and it arrived this morning at my selected PM in Ireland (just got back from collecting it).

Aside from that it's wonderful to have access to UK sellers who won't ship to Ireland (usually significantly cheaper and much better stocked).

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭qwas75

qwas75 forward2me,they offer a uk address,maybe you could get the items shipped to the address they give then get it forwarded to your pm address and they give a uk phone number.
    Parcel Motel have address in Northern Ireland. But there is a huge amount of items, which cannot be delivered even to NI address. It has to be UK mainland!

Just a heads up anyone buying something using Amazon Supersaver option for PM Northern Ireland, pay the extra £2.00 for next day delivery, whereas when you use the supersaver option to deliver to Ireland you get a tracking number and package usually arrives within 3 days normally, with item I've got shipped to the north, no tracking number and no idea when it will arrive, Amazon website says approx
    26th. Again this is in relation to Amazon.co.uk Supersaving option to the NI address, and only if your looking to get something fast to PM's address up north.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Not really if you don't have anyone to receive the package at home, or don't want to wait in all day, also you save on the VAT at the moment, and if you need to get an item quickly £2 is worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭ei9go

Bought an item from an Amazon marketplace seller.

Shipped on the 10th to the Pm NI address. When it did'nt arrive, I emailed PM on the 21st March. Turned out that the seller had edited my Pm number from my address, why?

Anyway, PM found my parcel and delivered next day. Top marks.

Terrific service but be aware that someone my edit your id out of your address.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Having lots of trouble trying to register. All info goes in, no issues, got the text with verification code, typed it in and hit register. The page then refreshes and goes back to the registration page with all info still entered. I thought maybe it was an error but the account was set up but no luck. Thought it might be because I was on my ipad so tried on the pc and same thing.

Unlucky as I'm trying to make an order for a UK only item before time runs out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

Having lots of trouble trying to register. All info goes in, no issues, got the text with verification code, typed it in and hit register. The page then refreshes and goes back to the registration page with all info still entered. I thought maybe it was an error but the account was set up but no luck. Thought it might be because I was on my ipad so tried on the pc and same thing.

Unlucky as I'm trying to make an order for a UK only item before time runs out!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble registering. If you can PM me your phone number or email address we'll get it fixed for your first thing in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Sorry to hear you're having trouble registering. If you can PM me your phone number or email address we'll get it fixed for your first thing in the morning.
    Thanks, just sent you a PM there. 8pm on a Sunday and working away... Good service! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

In regards to Amazon, where do I fill in the PMID?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Look a the FAQ on their website, or here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

dahamsta wrote: »
    Look a the FAQ on their website, or here.

This is what comes up, do i just put the PM ID along with my name in the first section or what?

Your Name
    Your PM ID
    Parcel Motel
    1A McKinney Rd
    Newtownabbey
    BT36 4PE

I apologies for the questions, just dont want to mess the set up. On Amazon, is this how it should look?
    34hb6g9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Had a package delivered to PM this morning in Belfast (9.30am).

Should I expect it to be delivered to my local PM locker in Cork tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

No idea how long it takes to get to Cork, but my parcels get to my collection point -in Dublin- the same day as delivered in NI. Usually @around 23:00 in the evening. Since I have my text setup (PM settings) to not text me between certain times in only receive the text the next day. Keep an eye on your email as well the email notification will be instant.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

Will be in your local PM in Cork by 7am tomorrow morning :)

marko93 wrote: »

This is what comes up, do i just put the PM ID along with my name in the first section or what?

Your Name
    Your PM ID
    Parcel Motel
    1A McKinney Rd
    Newtownabbey
    BT36 4PE

I apologies for the questions, just dont want to mess the set up. On Amazon, is this how it should look?
    34hb6g9.jpg

I doesn't really matter how you put the details in, as long as you put your name, your PMID and parcel motel on it (and the correct address) it should work fine. If there is not enough space you can combine your name and PMID (or PMID and parcelmotel) on one line. It's more important that it's all there and correct than exactly what format you put it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Will be in your local PM in Cork by 7am tomorrow morning :)

hi Orla, just sent you a PM. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭devotional1993

Hi Orla_is there a delay from Belfast-Im expecting a parcel posted 20th 1st class post. Usually well in by now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

Has you not seen the weather lately for Northern Ireland?

You should be more considerate.

Sweet jesus! Calm down dude. I asked a simple question. I wasnt inconsiderate. This is a thead on parcel motel hence my question. Now relax. If there are delays up north then im sure Orla can let people know here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Would you not think they were joking?

Hi Orla_is there a delay from Belfast-Im expecting a parcel posted 20th 1st class post. Usually well in by now

On PM Facebook page they mention Royal Mail will not deliver to their depot until the 25th (today) due adverse weather. Message was posted on the 22nd so I guess your package will likely be affected by the Royal Mail delay, but I guess you should have it soon now. Have you checked your account?

Cheers-no not in. I guess a few days will sort it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Dermotsull13

Hi Orla,

Im looking to get a clothes airer delivered from the UK. It is light enough but the package dimensions will be larger than the allowed size. I think I read before that you can deliver to a number of Nightline Depots around Ireland for no extra cost and that one is based in Kerry but I cant find that post now. Is that correct? Also where is the depot located in Kerry and what are the collection hours from there? What way do I inform Parcelmotel that I require the package to be sent to a deport rather than a motel.

Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement