Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Nuggatey

Not blaming PM. Just wondering how I can get my parcel?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,022 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Cyrus wrote: »
    id be blaming the sender not PM

I agree but sounds like it could of also been handled better by parcel motel? They should be ringing people in rare situations like this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Nuggatey wrote: »
    I am having difficulty claiming my parcel from Parcel Motel and was wondering if anyone has encountered a similar problem. I ordered something online and although I provided the full PM address including the PMID and my name the sender cut out parts of the address including my PMID.

I received an email from PM on Tuesday to say a parcel had arrived for (my name) and as there is more than one registered account holder with this name they wanted to know if I was expecting a parcel and could they have the sender details. I have had a few back and forward emails with PM and I still don't seem to be getting anywhere.

I supplied the sender's name and address, which she assures me is on the parcel, only to be asked what the contents of the parcel were. I then asked how many (my name)s were expecting parcels from (suppliers name). Might I add the supplier is not the likes of Amazon from which a huge percentage of people order from. The response I received included this sentence:

"honestly yes I do have more than one person in the name of (my name) expecting a parcel, which is a rarity but it has happened".

I am trying not to read into this too much but to me this sounds a little sarcastic? In fairness I asked how many (my name) expected a package from (supplier name).

I'm pretty disappointed with this service and really trying not to lose my cool but at this stage I am finding the whole thing a bit ridiculous.

In fairness PM cant really divulge much information of other customers orders.. even if they have the same name as you.

And I expect they are just making 100% sure that you are the correct customer for a mislabeled parcel. Imagine how annoyed you would be if your parcel was sent to someone else's PM locker.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

I ordered bits from Amazon, got two today and I'm waiting on one more package. I'm quite anxious and would hope I'd get it tomorrow or Saturday. Great service! Very impressed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭ffocused

any news on when the Athy PM will be operational? I noticed it a few days in Texaco on old Dublin Rd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Why can I not top up by €0.50? I have €3 left in my account and I want to make an order, but then I would have to top up by €10.. You should get rid of top ups by the € and make it by the usage or at least only let people top up in multiples of €3.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

Orla, I sent you a PM yesterday could you please take a look at it when you have a minute?

I have a parcel that seems to be stuck :(

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭ling-zing

on the locations map there's a pm in wexford marked on the map but the address is

Bray Centra
    Boghall Rd, Bray , Wicklow,

could you update this as i'd like to know if there is one in wexford

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

Nuggatey wrote: »
    I am having difficulty claiming my parcel from Parcel Motel and was wondering if anyone has encountered a similar problem. I ordered something online and although I provided the full PM address including the PMID and my name the sender cut out parts of the address including my PMID.

I received an email from PM on Tuesday to say a parcel had arrived for (my name) and as there is more than one registered account holder with this name they wanted to know if I was expecting a parcel and could they have the sender details. I have had a few back and forward emails with PM and I still don't seem to be getting anywhere.

I supplied the sender's name and address, which she assures me is on the parcel, only to be asked what the contents of the parcel were. I then asked how many (my name)s were expecting parcels from (suppliers name). Might I add the supplier is not the likes of Amazon from which a huge percentage of people order from. The response I received included this sentence:

"honestly yes I do have more than one person in the name of (my name) expecting a parcel, which is a rarity but it has happened".

I am trying not to read into this too much but to me this sounds a little sarcastic? In fairness I asked how many (my name) expected a package from (supplier name).

I'm pretty disappointed with this service and really trying not to lose my cool but at this stage I am finding the whole thing a bit ridiculous.

It can be difficult for us to identify the correct owner of parcels which arrive without the name and PMID. In cases where a parcel has no PMID and a name which appears more than once in our database, we contact everyone with that name and ask them identifying questions including what the contents of the parcel are. As per our Terms & Conditions, parcels may be opened by us or at the request of government authorities, and contents inspected.

ling-zing wrote: »
    on the locations map there's a pm in wexford marked on the map but the address is

Bray Centra
    Boghall Rd, Bray , Wicklow,

could you update this as i'd like to know if there is one in wexford

Thanks for letting us know. We fixed this now. :)

• Advertisement

ffocused wrote: »
    any news on when the Athy PM will be operational? I noticed it a few days in Texaco on old Dublin Rd.

The Parcel Motel Athy at Conlon's Service Station, was one of 10 new locations which went live today. The other new locations are Tullamore Loughrey's Bar, Bray Centra Boghall Rd, Greystones Topoil Church Rd, Drogheda Tesco Donore Rd, Howth Summit Stores, Killarney Amber Tralee Road, Nenagh Texaco Borrisokane Rd and Carrigaline Esso Cork Rd. We'll be adding more locations during April. Our Twiiter & Facebook will have live updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭hangar18_

why is castlebar motel showing up as Cogan's Esso, Cork Rd, Carrigaline, Cork. is the castlebar one live yet ?

hangar18_ wrote: »
    why is castlebar motel showing up as Cogan's Esso, Cork Rd, Carrigaline, Cork. is the castlebar one live yet ?

We've fixed this now thanks. Castlebar will be going live during April. We'll keep you posted here and on Facebook and Twitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Will the wexford one by any chance be going live by april?

kevovek wrote: »
    Will the wexford one by any chance be going live by april?

We really hope so. We're doing our best to have one in every county by the end of April.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭hangar18_

We've fixed this now thanks. Castlebar will be going live during April. We'll keep you posted here and on Facebook and Twitter.

Thanks Orla, Thats good news on castlebar cant wait to start using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

the location shows your Trim PM nowhere near where it actually is on the map on your site... it about 15 miles out from where it is. Ye might want to update that on your map.

Also, any word on the Navan PM yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭skydish79

Looking at purchasing an item from uk

weight is 38kg
    dimensions 89x145x75 cm

Wondering can I collect this from depot in finglas, how much would it cost
    Will I receive a text like I do when I collect text from local parcel motel

By the way service is briilliant used it 5 times so far trouble free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Hi Orla, I haven't signed up but am thinking of doing so but have a question first. There is an item from a UK eBay seller I want to buy but he doesn't post to Ireland. Is there some way I can route the package to Northern Ireland and then to Dublin ?

If so what do I need to do and how much does it cost ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭Brian017

RATM wrote: »
    Hi Orla, I haven't signed up but am thinking of doing so but have a question first. There is an item from a UK eBay seller I want to buy but he doesn't post to Ireland. Is there some way I can route the package to Northern Ireland and then to Dublin ?

If so what do I need to do and how much does it cost ?

Sent it to:

Your name,
    Your PMID,
    Parcel Motel,
    1a McKinnley Rd,
    Mallusk, Newtownabbey,
    BT36 4PE

It's no extra cost it's till 3.50

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭FaganJr

Welll quite by accident I found the Castlebar PM

And I have to plead with PM reps that it is possibly one of the worst locations I could think of for it! Very central to town but out of the way at the same time!

Its located at the rear of Stauntons Pharmacy & The Art Shop off Main street, in Stauntons car Park!!!!!!!!!

I'm not even sure that car park is open at night!

Thoughts from Castlebar people??

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Hi orla
    just collected my first Parcel from parcel motel excellent service thanks
    I have one slight problem in that the address and map location that is on your website is about a half a kilometere from where the actual parcel motel is situated.I have included the incorrect map location as per your website which is a gym and fitness centre, as well as the actual map location,that address is Topaz,Commons Rd cork,you might want to look into that
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭Masala

Saw the Killarney one today.... WhooHoo!!!

But your GPS on the site is way-off. For anyone interested - it is the petrol station beside the Killarney Court Hotel just off the Lidl roundabout... its branded as AMBER petrol.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 JakuBuLL

FaganJr wrote: »
    Welll quite by accident I found the Castlebar PM

And I have to plead with PM reps that it is possibly one of the worst locations I could think of for it! Very central to town but out of the way at the same time!

Its located at the rear of Stauntons Pharmacy & The Art Shop off Main street, in Stauntons car Park!!!!!!!!!

I'm not even sure that car park is open at night!

Thoughts from Castlebar people??

I think its a very good place in town with least vandalism going on and its well accesible, im not sure about carpark but I do know there's a passage way to it from it

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Hi orla
    just collected my first Parcel from parcel motel excellent service thanks
    I have one slight problem in that the address and map location that is on your website is about a half a kilometere from where the actual parcel motel is situated.I have included the incorrect map location as per your website which is a gym and fitness centre, as well as the actual map location,that address is Topaz,Commons Rd cork,you might want to look into that
    Thanks
    Masala wrote: »
    Saw the Killarney one today.... WhooHoo!!!

But your GPS on the site is way-off. For anyone interested - it is the petrol station beside the Killarney Court Hotel just off the Lidl roundabout... its branded as AMBER petrol.
    Looks like PM need to improve their location data for new motels. It should be easy to get it right first time, every time (as long as someone in PM is taking the time to check). Given that it has been said that commissioning a new location (after the motel has been sited) can take a week or two, the least that users can expect is that the location description and mapping of new motels are accurate.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Just wondering if theres any way the delivery addresses could be way more prominent on the new website. I was setting my dad up an account and they're surprisingly well buried on a page you wouldn't expect to find them; I think they are in the FAQ.

When you log in to your account I think both the Dublin and Belfast addresses should be displayed prominently on the page that comes up after you log in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭Brian017

Just wondering if theres any way the delivery addresses could be way more prominent on the new website. I was setting my dad up an account and they're surprisingly well buried on a page you wouldn't expect to find them; I think they are in the FAQ.

When you log in to your account I think both the Dublin and Belfast addresses should be displayed prominently on the page that comes up after you log in.

They're also in your welcome email. You could write them down for him and keep it somewhere safe

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Watch for it on Wednesday. Our installation crew will be hitting Galway on Wednesday & Thursday.

Any more planned for Galway, west of the Corrib ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

Esel wrote: »
    Looks like PM need to improve their location data for new motels. It should be easy to get it right first time, every time (as long as someone in PM is taking the time to check). Given that it has been said that commissioning a new location (after the motel has been sited) can take a week or two, the least that users can expect is that the location description and mapping of new motels are accurate.

There's 3 locations in Galway and one is listed as being in the bay....... Been like it for ages and I already emailed them about it.

Bring your wellies and hope the tides out! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Hello, I have a broader issue but does anyone know if I order goods from US and get them delivered to Ireland through Parcel Motel (UK) how do I pay the VAT charged in the UK? Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement