Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

padocon wrote: »
    Hello, I have a broader issue but does anyone know if I order goods from US and get them delivered to Ireland through Parcel Motel (UK) how do I pay the VAT charged in the UK? Thanks

I found the answer on the Parcel Motel website:
    Please ensure that any charges payable are paid in advance of delivery. Parcel Motel will not accept responsibility for payment of any VAT or Duty charges due on items delivered. If the postal operator or courier asks for cash on delivery, your item will be refused by us.

Now my next question is, how do I go about paying this VAT before the package arrives?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Good news for you Athloners :P

Parcel Motel Athlone Depot Facebook Announcement

Am I dont think this site does, but hmm I'll look into it! Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

DaLad wrote: »

Delighted :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Just a quick question, I want to order and deliver to PM but I've no credit on my account and only see an option to top up by €10. I don't want to top up by a tenner so if I link a card to my account instead and place the order, will that just deduct the €3.50 when the package gets delivered?

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Odd question..

I've just received an email telling me that my order is now in my Parcel Motel along with a pin to collect.

Now, the odd thing is I'm not expecting any deliveries.

Not only that, but whilst I've registered a Parcel Motel account, I've never actually used it. Therefore, no site has my Parcel Motel address or ID - so I'm certain it's not a leaflet or brochure either as I haven't shared my Parcel Motel details with anyone.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Just a quick question, I want to order and deliver to PM but I've no credit on my account and only see an option to top up by €10. I don't want to top up by a tenner so if I link a card to my account instead and place the order, will that just deduct the €3.50 when the package gets delivered?

Go pay as you go, that way you only ever get charged when something drops into a Motel.

Moyglish wrote: »
    Odd question..

I've just received an email telling me that my order is now in my Parcel Motel along with a pin to collect.

Not only that, but whilst I've registered a Parcel Motel account, I've never actually used it. Therefore, no site has my Parcel Motel address or ID - so I'm certain it's not a leaflet or brochure either as I haven't shared my Parcel Motel details with anyone.

Any ideas?

It must be a mistake, I'd say email them, unless you want to find out what surprise you have! :)

Achilles wrote: »
    Go pay as you go, that way you only ever get charged when something drops into a Motel.

I don't see an option to pick pay as you go in the site

• Advertisement

I don't see an option to pick pay as you go in the site

That's odd I can't find the option to make it pay as you go anymore either (the older site was much more user friendly).

I think I remember doing it when you register your credit card. Perhaps if you delete it then re-register the card you'll have the option for PAYG?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Moyglish wrote: »
    Odd question..

Any ideas?

That is a weird one, if you go to your account area you should be able to see a picture of the package, in case you're curious...
    Like others said just contact PM.

Achilles wrote: »
    That's odd I can't find the option to make it pay as you go anymore either (the older site was much more user friendly).

I think I remember doing it when you register your credit card. Perhaps if you delete it then re-register the card you'll have the option for PAYG?

If you don't have PAYG setup there should be no credit card registered on your account. If you go to "my account" then "settings" you'll be able to register a credit card, I think this will be sufficient to change the payment method to PAYG. Must say it's strange you can't top-up with multiples of €3.50 anymore like before (unless you select minimum €14 of course...)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

nava wrote: »
    For ebay it should look like below but you don't need to create a UK ebay account if you already have an Irish account, go as said above by Yamanoto (My ebay > Account > Addresses > View All postal Addresses >) and add the address as the screenshot, when buying for a UK only item go again to My ebay > Account > Addresses > View All postal Addresses > and change the UK address to primary by clicking on "Make primary" when buying an item to post to Ireland make primary the Irish address

ebaync.jpg

Sorry if I'm being dense. So in that example above, what do you put in the "contact name" field and I prsume you put your exact PM ID in the Home Street Address box.

Finally, is the postcode X or E at the moment?

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Sorry if I'm being dense. So in that example above, what do you put in the "contact name" field and I prsume you put your exact PM ID in the Home Street Address box.

No... you put your 'Contact Name' in the 'Contact Name' field.

FutureGuy wrote: »

I said it before: I doesn't really matter how you put the details in, as long as you put your name, your PMID and parcel motel on it (and the correct address) it should work fine. If there is not enough space you can combine your name and PMID (or PMID and parcelmotel) on one line. It's more important that it's all there and correct than exactly what format you put it in.

It's 4PE but again it doesn't matter:
    Some sites will want to change the 4PX part of the postcode on the Belfast address to 4PE. 4PX is the Mallusk Road and 4PE is the McKinney Road. As our depot is on the corner of both roads, either postcode will work. (<-this is actually an old statement, but still on the PM website, AFAIK 4PE is the preferred one).

flyguy wrote: »
    If you don't have PAYG setup there should be no credit card registered on your account. If you go to "my account" then "settings" you'll be able to register a credit card, I think this will be sufficient to change the payment method to PAYG. Must say it's strange you can't top-up with multiples of €3.50 anymore like before (unless you select minimum €14 of course...)

I've added a card to my account anyway and ordered so will update on what happens!

I've added a card to my account anyway and ordered so will update on what happens!

If it's retro and super rare then it's mine and has dropped into your locker accidentally. Make sure to give it back. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

So my parcel was delivered to the Northern Ireland depot today, does that mean it will be shipped to the Irish parcel motel tomorrow? Also I take it I wont receive a text till it gets to the Irish one correct?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Got two parcels in the space of a few days. Parcel Motel, I salute you!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dakid

I had a package delivered to a PM in Dublin but I thought I had already changed my PM to Killarney as I am now based in Kerry.
    Does anyone now if I can get it transferred from the Dublin PM to the Killarney PM?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 gismoet

Can parcel motel have top charges in blocks of €3.50 - so for example maybe a min of €10.50. I would prefer to have the correct amount in my parcel motel account rather than a surplus. I don't really want to use my account as a deposit account.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Dothehustle

if a parcel was scanned up in Belfast today will it be at parcel motel tomorrow or would it be Monday ??

Probably tomorrow (tonight), but Sunday is also an option (delivered to pick up sat-sun night)...

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dakid

if a parcel was scanned up in Belfast today will it be at parcel motel tomorrow or would it be Monday ??

You should have it this evening if it goes the same way as my previous orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 SnowDancer

I got a text a few minutes ago saying my account balance wasn't sufficient to be processed. I've now topped up. Will I get my parcel today?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

SnowDancer wrote: »
    I got a text a few minutes ago saying my account balance wasn't sufficient to be processed. I've now topped up. Will I get my parcel today?

AFAIK the fact that your a/c did not have enough credit delays deliveries until after your top-up is processed by a Human. I had a similar situation recently and the Human processing in this area seemed to be done from Mon-Fri. So I suspect you may be looking at a Tuesday collection, unless ParcelMotel have changed the staff roster(s).

I can confirm that adding a card to your PM account instead of topping up does work. Just got an email to collect and the item was only shipped on Wednesday which was super fast!

• Advertisement

I can confirm that adding a card to your PM account instead of topping up does work. Just got an email to collect and the item was only shipped on Wednesday which was super fast!

I guess that's how they do it nowadays instead of just implicitly stating that you want to go PAYG.

So... where my retro swag then?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement