Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

An item of mine checked in in Belfast at 1.30pm yesterday. When should i expect to get it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Hi orla
    When is the motel In castlebar going to be working?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭blacksasha

Hi Guys. I have a couple of Query for you. I am buying 2 Items of E-bay.uk , and the Seller will not post to Ireland, but he will post to the UK. When i click in the seller's e-bay drop-down window for the UK, its looking for a Postcode. Now if i put in the Parcel Motel Antrim Post code, do you think it will work, and will i be able to receive my Items through Parcel Motel. Now the other Question is, i am not quite sure if those 2 items are slightly to big for the Box's , but if they are, where would the nearest depot to me, as i live in Athlone. Sorry for all the Questions. Many Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,152 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

blacksasha wrote: »
    Hi Guys. I have a couple of Query for you. I am buying 2 Items of E-bay.uk , and the Seller will not post to Ireland, but he will post to the UK. When i click in the seller's e-bay drop-down window for the UK, its looking for a Postcode. Now if i put in the Parcel Motel Antrim Post code, do you think it will work, and will i be able to receive my Items through Parcel Motel. Now the other Question is, i am not quite sure if those 2 items are slightly to big for the Box's , but if they are, where would the nearest depot to me, as i live in Athlone. Sorry for all the Questions. Many Thanks.

Im pretty sure the nearest Nightline Depot is probably Oranmore, Galway I think.

You also have the option of getting it couriered to you (at an extra cost)

Its pretty big what can fit in the lockers, I got a small server shipped and it fit no bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭blacksasha

Many thanks witnessmenow for your reply

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 beemerbruser1

Guys, might have been asked already but what about tracked items from UK which require a signature. When item arrives at the NI ParcelMotel before it's re-routed down south is it signed for? I'm afraid of it being sent back as nobody there to sign for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 beemerbruser1

Ok, I found the faqs section so got my answer. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭preytec

Guys, might have been asked already but what about tracked items from UK which require a signature. When item arrives at the NI ParcelMotel before it's re-routed down south is it signed for? I'm afraid of it being sent back as nobody there to sign for it.

they sign for it and then take it from there. it's like having a mate that is always in to sign for things. you'll get a text and an email, also if you login to your account they even have a picture of your parcel for you to view, they are only short of giving you the drivers mobile number for full tracking.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,195 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Hi!

I just received 2 texts from Parcel Motel telling me my package has arrived. 2 different PINs so I presume 2 different packages.

There's a problem though.......... I didn't order anything.

What should I do?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭rameire

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Hi!

I just received 2 texts from Parcel Motel telling me my package has arrived. 2 different PINs so I presume 2 different packages.

There's a problem though.......... I didn't order anything.

What should I do?

have you tried to log onto the website and look at the photos of the items you are receiving

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭markad1

could it be invoices for stuff you ordered or a mailing flyer??

rameire wrote: »
    have you tried to log onto the website and look at the photos of the items you are receiving

Yeah, it looks like a card or something. It's a regular sized envelope. Both pictures look identical so i'm not sure if it's the same item twice!

I definitely haven't ordered anything anyway!

markad1 wrote: »
    could it be invoices for stuff you ordered or a mailing flyer??

I hope not. Do you happen to know what the policy is on unsolicited items being snet to you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ECEng

I am wondering if it is a good idea to order a laptop using PM, i could save a lot using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭markad1

ECEng wrote: »
    I am wondering if it is a good idea to order a laptop using PM, i could save a lot using it.

If You use a credit card would that cover it if it got lost or damaged?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Not sure on that one, my guess would be that would be covered after you receive it, not before, could be wrong. I guess you figured out PM only cover up to €100, haven't heard any stories of lost/damaged goods so far, but that doesn't mean it can't happen. Have ordered stuff worth >€100 through PM A few times already...

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ECEng

I was thinking about using PM to buy an Amazon warehouse deal laptop, i dont think Credit card can cover it.

I guess you've already checked this but you know it's free delivery to Ireland for anything over €25 on amazon.co.uk? (Except some 3rd party resellers) Nothing against PM as you know, but in this case probably cheaper/better option to get it straight to your home...

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

flyguy wrote: »
    I guess you've already checked this but you know it's free delivery to Ireland for anything over €25 on amazon.co.uk? (Except some 3rd party resellers) Nothing against PM as you know, but in this case probably cheaper/better option to get it straight to your home...

Amazon won't deliver laptops from their warehouse deals to Ireland, you'd have to use PM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Yeah Amazon won't sell most electronics to Ireland, hence needing the use of a Parcel Motel.

I got my WiiU delivered to a Parcel Motel at launch and had no issues... I'd say take the risk and go for it!

Worth it for a bargain imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭iba

Hi,

I want to buy something on ebay and the seller only except Paypal and only delivers to addresses registered on Paypal. So I added my Parcel Motel address to my Paypal account but could not change the country to Northern Ireland and instead have just left it as Ireland.

Does anyone know if this will work and the package will get delivered to Parcel Motel?

Thanks

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Achilles wrote: »
    Yeah Amazon won't sell most electronics to Ireland, hence needing the use of a Parcel Motel.

most can be a bit subjective I guess but there are very few electrical items that I've had trouble getting direct from amazon UK to ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

How large can oversized be? What would happen if I ordered a mattress from the UK? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭murty01

iba wrote: »
    Hi,

I want to buy something on ebay and the seller only except Paypal and only delivers to addresses registered on Paypal. So I added my Parcel Motel address to my Paypal account but could not change the country to Northern Ireland and instead have just left it as Ireland.

Does anyone know if this will work and the package will get delivered to Parcel Motel?

Thanks

I added the Parcel Motel Newtownabbey address to my Paypal account, like yerself, but left the country blank, trusting the Postcode (BT36 4PE) would pinpoint the PM location as a UK address but I think Royal Mail are having problems finding the depot. I bought 4 items on amazon and sent them through PM newtownabbey and no problems, this is the first time I got stuff I bought on ebay and 20 days later still no sign. the only come back i have is that if PM dont receive it then it's not signed for. The seller on ebay was ok about it saying they're having problems with royal mail and a replacement item was sent registered post but still no sign in newtownabbey. the only thing I can think of is writing in the words 'Nightline Couriers', in brackets or something, after where it says Parcel Motel in the address.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭iba

murty01 wrote: »
    I added the Parcel Motel Newtownabbey address to my Paypal account, like yerself, but left the country blank, trusting the Postcode (BT36 4PE) would pinpoint the PM location as a UK address but I think Royal Mail are having problems finding the depot. I bought 4 items on amazon and sent them through PM newtownabbey and no problems, this is the first time I got stuff I bought on ebay and 20 days later still no sign. the only come back i have is that if PM dont receive it then it's not signed for. The seller on ebay was ok about it saying they're having problems with royal mail and a replacement item was sent registered post but still no sign in newtownabbey. the only thing I can think of is writing in the words 'Nightline Couriers', in brackets or something, after where it says Parcel Motel in the address.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Thats what I was thinking too, that the postcode (BT36 4PE) would be enough to get it through/sent to the correct place. Its all done electronically so I would think that the Royal Mail Scanners would home in on the Postcode. I couldn't leave the country blank though because that field was automatically populated with the word/country 'Ireland'.

Like you I have had no problems with Amazon and PM and this is my first time using it for an item from Ebay.

Good suggestion about sticking Nightline Couriers in the title too.

Thanks

How large can oversized be? What would happen if I ordered a mattress from the UK? :)

http://www.parcelmotel.com/faqs.html (last question) and http://www.parcelmotel.com/howmuch.html
    note the bit about dimensional weight.
    Most is explained here as well: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056894059

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭n0brain3r

Just an FYI for anyone expecting a delivery today/tomorrow 17 of their motels are down and they have no ETA on when they'll be back. I was due 3 items today and can't collect or redirect them as they out for delivery but can't say when they'll be delivered :mad:

I've used them a couple of times before and found the service excellent but the true making of a company or service is how they handle problems and with no notice on the website or email( I inquired and was told they couldn't possibly email every one :eek:) it's poor service IMHO

FWIW I'm using the Sallins motel

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭morton

iba wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks

Log into eBay, and go into your My ebay, you can add the parcel motel address to your profile and change it in your profile to your main delivery address. The parcel motel address should automatically come up on your purchase invoice on PayPal when you go to pay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭morton

n0brain3r wrote: »
    Just an FYI for anyone expecting a delivery today/tomorrow 17 of their motels are down and they have no ETA on when they'll be back. I was due 3 items today and can't collect or redirect them as they out for delivery but can't say when they'll be delivered :mad:

Where would we find out which motels are out of action? I can't see anything on their website. I've one parcel sitting in Belfast and was looking forward to getting the magic text later :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement