Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solicitors letter

Options
  • 11-07-2012 9:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭

For the last year we have been tying to get an eircom phone line. We had no line and no broadband and were being charged every month I cancelled the contract and got sent a solicitors letter blah. Blah. Eircom said we owed them five hundred quid for cancelling a contract over a line that didn't ever work.
    In the end they took back their threats and we all started over again, but to his date our phone line is still not working they have promised engineers out numerous times, and the solicitors letters are coming again, is it any wonder they are in debt useless. Can someone from eircom please make contact with me I am tired of trying to ring.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

The_fever wrote: »
    For the last year we have been tying to get an eircom phone line. We had no line and no broadband and were being charged every month I cancelled the contract and got sent a solicitors letter blah. Blah. Eircom said we owed them five hundred quid for cancelling a contract over a line that didn't ever work.
    In the end they took back their threats and we all started over again, but to his date our phone line is still not working they have promised engineers out numerous times, and the solicitors letters are coming again, is it any wonder they are in debt useless. Can someone from eircom please make contact with me I am tired of trying to ring.

Hi The_fever,

When we spoke last on the 24/04/12, I advied you on how to cancel the account before looking into the charges that will billed to the date of cancellation.

"No problem, I do apologise for the delay in getting the technician appointment arranged. I am sorry but I do not have the facility to cancel the order directly,

If you call the eircom services department on 1800 242 633 (Free Phone) and quote your account number - 7557XXXX they can issue that for you.

I see the account was only cancelled yesterday?

REF: 227855C 10/07/12

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭The_fever

Listen mark, I have been trying to ring eircom but I cannot get through lots of times I will not be trying them again . I am speaking to you now , please sort out this mess , and explain to me why eircom never came trough with sending out an engineer as requested and promised numerous times , people stayin home to meet engineers that never show . That's the issue here complete disregard for customers and I see you are from the same school , pass the book, ring him ,contact this department the eircom way. You are an eircom employee .

No-one ever rang from eircom to query Is this working now, sorry for mis communication etc. Mary murphy in sales wiped the slate clean the Last time please speak to her and sort this out please. I do not appreciate you and your debt collectors threats , for 49 euro for a line that has never worked. I await your help.

And with regard to account being cancelled, that must have been done by the geniuses in eircom , probably took a whole department because we have not spoken to them as we cannot get through.

Thank you

Listen mark, I have been trying to ring eircom but I cannot get through lots of times I will not be trying them again . I am speaking to you now , please sort out this mess , and explain to me why eircom never came trough with sending out an engineer as requested and promised numerous times , people stayin home to meet engineers that never show . That's the issue here complete disregard for customers and I see you are from the same school , pass the book, ring him ,contact this department the eircom way. You are an eircom employee .

No-one ever rang from eircom to query Is this working now, sorry for mis communication etc. Mary murphy in sales wiped the slate clean the Last time please speak to her and sort this out please. I do not appreciate you and your debt collectors threats , for 49 euro for a line that has never worked. I await your help.

And with regard to account being cancelled, that must have been done by the geniuses in eircom , probably took a whole department because we have not spoken to them as we cannot get through.

Thank you

Hi The_fever,

We will need for the final bill to be issued before we can deal with the final charges on the account.

This can take a few weeks, please let us know when you receive that please.

I was working on expediting the technician call out to connect the line, however you got back to me and stated you did not wish to ho ahead with the service (which is fine)

"Mark , this is an ongoing saga, we have heard this from eircom before, that an engineer will be sent. With no apology when we are left waiting. At this stage we have decided to not go ahead with the landline. We did not envisage so much hassle. Thank you for your help all the same. Can you please advise your superiors that we wil not be paying any line rental now or in the future, Have a nice day"

So that is when I advised you how to cancel the account to insure the account would be backdated.

So that brings us up to today, so when you receive the final bill let me know and I will deal with the charges on the account.

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭The_fever

Thank You Mark

Thank You Mark

No problem.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement
Advertisement