Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreaded Yellow light of Death!!

Options
  • 11-07-2012 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭

I've just become the lastest victim of YLOD on my PS3 80gb which i've had since 2007 :mad:

Anyone know of any repair shops/sites that can repair it for a decent price?

Or is it worth repairing? Has anyone repaired theirs only to break again a week later?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 DOK94

talla10 wrote: »
    I've just become the lastest victim of YLOD on my PS3 80gb which i've had since 2007 :mad:

Anyone know of any repair shops/sites that can repair it for a decent price?

Or is it worth repairing? Has anyone repaired theirs only to break again a week later?

Mate , know that I feel your pain, about two weeks ago I was in the exact same situation as you ,original 60gb PS3 I've had since April 2007 just got YLOD, contacted Consolepros.ie and long story short here I am now playing my PS3 good as new and that's all that matters really,the turnaround was abit slow but that was just a few unlucky people including me (see the thread consolepros for more).I would recommend checking them out, cheap prices in comparison to others, good repairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Happened me last night :( was absolutely sickened. Have a game jammed in it as well :( I phoned a repair shop this morning and they said it isn't worth repairing as it will only break again in a couple of months. A new PS3 it is by the looks of it.

Always like Sony, don't think I do anymore.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It will only break again in a couple of months if the repair shop offers a reflow repair. What you need is a proper reball reapir which replaces the solder on the chip with much higher quality solder meaning it will last longer than even the store bought unit in theory. I think consolepros offers reballing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Im sorry for your loss...

My thoughts are with you and your family at this difficult time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭talla10

Thanks for the replies lads i'll give consolepros a look since i havent a hope of talking the missus into spending money on another PS3!

Thanks for the support Snowie, it was an awful shock but at least she went doing what she loved...:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

I had fun tonight taking the ps3 apart to get the game out. Not a chance I could put it back together again.

Going to have to buy a new one :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭coolisin

Reballing works a treat, and consolepro offer a 12 month warranty.

Why not give them a ring yourself harpstilidie they maybe able to fix it!

Advertisement