Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Random Public urination

• 11-07-2012 10:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭

I live in a very quiet estate (these days since we got rid of the Jacobs relatives that were living next door) it is a small estate on the outskirts of a tiny little country village where nothing much happens. From my living room window you can see the road that leads in here and then there is road off that leading down to another estate, slightly bigger but not huge either. Most of neighbours have kids of a school going age who play around on the green in front of our houses. These kids range in age from maybe 5/6 to older kids 11/12.

This evening I was hear chatting with a friend on the phone and I witnessed a man late 20's early 30's lash his tackle out and urinate. Now he looked around to see was there anyone around about and clearly decided that no-one could see him. The 5/6 kids playing on the green clearly didn't count. He then duly headed off into the other estate. Now I was just thinking that he clearly headed to a house in that estate so surely he could have waited a few minutes to relieve himself? It seemed like the dirtiest scumbag of a thing to do. Or am I just being a bit precious about the whole thing?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Time to step away from the net curtains

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Needs must at times

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

what village op?

is it kill?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

As men, the world is our urinal!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭toexpress

FatherLen wrote: »
    what village op?

is it kill?

No not Kill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I can literally never understand why people have a problem with this? Our cats and dogs do it all the time and we only have laws about cleaning up their sh!te, there's nothing about not letting them p!ss all over the place.

What makes human urine any worse than dog or cat urine? I'm no biologist but I highly imagine it's very, very similar.

Regardless, if the government / council want us not to piss in public then they should be providing public toilets. there isn't a single public toilet (that I know of) in Dublin City Centre. I heard a while back that they were going to install urinals on Camden Street (no help for girls though :confused:) but I haven't heard anything about that since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭toexpress

It's not the fact that he relieved himself in public (I think every man has done that) it's the fact that it was in full view of kids and as I say sitting on the couch I could see it happening, he was going into a house so surely he could have waited a minute or two?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭RaRaRasputin

toexpress wrote: »
    I live in a very quiet estate (these days since we got rid of the Jacobs relatives that were living next door) it is a small estate on the outskirts of a tiny little country village where nothing much happens.

I think I can see your point ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

FatherLen wrote: »
    what village op?

is it kill?

Great minds think alike Len.
    I live in a very quiet estate (these days since we got rid of the Jacobs relatives that were living next door) it is a small estate on the outskirts of a tiny little country village where nothing much happens. From my living room window you can see the road that leads in here and then there is road off that leading down to another estate, slightly bigger but not huge either. Most of neighbours have kids of a school going age who play around on the green in front of our houses. These kids range in age from maybe 5/6 to older kids 11/12.

This evening I was hear chatting with a friend on the phone and I witnessed a man late 20's early 30's lash his tackle out and urinate. Now he looked around to see was there anyone around about and clearly decided that no-one could see him. The 5/6 kids playing on the green clearly didn't count. He then duly headed off into the other estate. Now I was just thinking that he clearly headed to a house in that estate so surely he could have waited a few minutes to relieve himself? It seemed like the dirtiest scumbag of a thing to do. Or am I just being a bit precious about the whole thing?

Who's these 'Jacob's relatives' you speak off:confused:

The fig rolls?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

Meh! The guy at least tried to make sure no one was looking and had a leak outdoors in a country where it sometimes rains. Be glad he didn't do it in your doorway.:)

Don't you have anything better to do there in the valley of the squinting windows? Or are you bored now that you have "gotten rid of" some neighbours who, presumably, impacted on your intolerance antenna in some other way?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

I can literally never understand why people have a problem with this? Our cats and dogs do it all the time and we only have laws about cleaning up their sh!te, there's nothing about not letting them p!ss all over the place.

What makes human urine any worse than dog or cat urine? I'm no biologist but I highly imagine it's very, very similar.

Regardless, if the government / council want us not to piss in public then they should be providing public toilets. there isn't a single public toilet (that I know of) in Dublin City Centre. I heard a while back that they were going to install urinals on Camden Street (no help for girls though :confused:) but I haven't heard anything about that since.

OK, I'll p*ss up against your house so. Every night. Only marking my territory, that's all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Maybe he just doesn't like your estate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Nope. Cat pee has a much stronger taste! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Was it in the middle of the road or footpath or something? I fecking hate that shit, I only seen someone do that once in Dublin on a quiet street, but there was passers by, including myself, felt like tripping him up face-down. Was wearing a full shell suit as well, and his mates who were waiting for him in their car looked equally as dodgy.

If you're in your car and you find yourself bursting as you are driving along I think it's perfectly acceptable to pull up and go behind a hedge.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭stmol32

Ghandee wrote: »
    Great minds think alike Len.

Who's these 'Jacob's relatives' you speak off:confused:

The fig rolls?

I think the OP means he's happy he got rid of the jews from his small town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

did he have a big nose and french accent?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Cats and dogs usually make some effort to hide it or conserve it. When used for marking, they only pee a little bit. When actually just draining themselves, they'll try to go on grass or dirt which masks it. This means that it's generally not running down the path.

They also have small bladders, up to 250ml in the case of a large dog. more like 100ml in the case of a medium-size dog. Cats are much smaller again.

Humans, by comparison will pee anywhere because we're not quite so concerned with marking territory or hiding our tracks. The lower end of the scale of bladder size would be half a litre, though you generally need to pee when you're carrying about 200ml - about twice the entire capacity of a dog's bladder.

In other words, when humans pee, we go anywhere and we leave a lot of liquid. If people were prone to just stopping any peeing where they felt like it, cities and towns would literally be awash with piss.

Ellis Dee wrote: »
    Meh! The guy at least tried to make sure no one was looking and had a leak outdoors in a country where it sometimes rains. Be glad he didn't do it in your doorway.:)

?:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Is that a favourite past time in Laois then? :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

People urinating in public legally would be ridiculous. If a child walked by and saw a man's penis, says she was flashed etc. OR flashers saying they were only having a wee.

Besides the difference between us and dogs or cats. Sure they can have sex in public, should we be allowed to too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Yeah why not let grown adults get their genitals out in public, what harm can be done there?!

• Advertisement

syndeyfife wrote: »
    Yeah why not let grown adults get their genitals out in public, what harm can be done there?!

But cats and dogs get their willies out in public too......???(joke)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

Or am I just being a bit precious about the whole thing?

No you are not. Urinating in public is disgusting-especially in a housing estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Shreddy Krueger

If you gotta go , you gotta go...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Driving along to work one morning. 7.30am. Some fella chating to his mate through the front window of his house whilst taking a p!ss. Wondered why he couldn't have asked of he could use his toilet as well.

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Bla... Wait.. nevermind...

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Diapason

Was sitting in the window of Gotham Cafe having lunch, a drunk dude wandered over (outside) and started peeing against the glass. Odd to see things from that angle, I can tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Carles Puyol

In that case it was a bit rude, it's not very different from cats and dogs pissing all over the place so I don't get too upset by it anyways.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 307 ✭✭CodyJarrett

Now he looked around to see was there anyone around about

I'd love to be around about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

It seemed like the dirtiest scumbag of a thing to do.

It is, so stop perving at the window.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Jester252 wrote: »
    Maybe he just doesn't like your estate?

Maybe he was making it his own.

Never under estimate the power of the piss.

Advertisement