Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ebay getting started tips

Options
  • 11-07-2012 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭

I have been trying to think of a product to sell on ebay and I had a bit of a eureka moment today in a meeting at work.

I'm not living in Ireland so would not be selling on ebay.ie. European equivalents though.

The product is readily available in Ireland at €2 or less. I think I could easily sell at €5 in France / Belgium / Netherlands from looking at other listings. So if I am selling for €5, I subtract €1.30 for postage and more for ebay and Paypal fees. To make a profit I know I need to sell a huge amount to make a profit (1000 per week or more will still leave me earning less than I earn today).

Basically I am looking for tips on how to find suppliers, e.g. this product must be available for .50c in China? Another other discouragement would be a good idea before I quit my job and take the jump

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mari2222

Why do you think you will sell a huge amount? Lots of listings on ebay never sell at all.

Why would somebody buy on ebay instead of elsewhere (competitors?)

You can remain in your job and still sell on ebay!

How will you handle insurance/returns/complaints/health and safety?

Advertisement