Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Package Change

Options
  • 11-07-2012 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭

Did an online business package change to Value Business Plan 3Mb Bundle on Friday 6th July.
    Got confirmation email which said "This order will be processed within the next 2 working days*"
    but on checking it still has not appeared in My Eircom dashboard it just says
    "There are currently no open orders for this account"
    I can PM you my account details to check progress of order. Thanks

And no change today!eircom.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

hazchem wrote: »
    Did an online business package change to Value Business Plan 3Mb Bundle on Friday 6th July.
    Got confirmation email which said "This order will be processed within the next 2 working days*"
    but on checking it still has not appeared in My Eircom dashboard it just says
    "There are currently no open orders for this account"
    I can PM you my account details to check progress of order. Thanks

And no change today!eircom.jpg

Hi hazchem,

Can you PM me with your eircom account number and I will check the status of the order for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭hazchem

PM sent
    thanks Mark

Reply to PM sent

Thanks Mark

Sent you a second reply to your PM.

Sorry missed the the in lieu bit thought the charge was automatic for downgrade, so in that case yes go for the 12 month contract please

Thanks again

Sent you a second reply to your PM.

Sorry missed the the in lieu bit thought the charge was automatic for downgrade, so in that case yes go for the 12 month contract please

Thanks again

Hi hazchem,

Apologies for the delay in getting back you. I replied to your PM and have issued the downgrade.

If you have any follow up queries let me know.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

Hi hazchem,

Apologies for the delay in getting back you. I replied to your PM and have issued the downgrade.

If you have any follow up queries let me know.

Thanks, Mark

No problem Mark really appreciate all your help.

Thanks again,
    John

No problem Mark really appreciate all your help.

Thanks again,
    John

No worries :)

I will get back to you on Monday about the modem.

Thanks, Mark

Hi again Mark,

Please don't forget the free modem due with the new contract.

Thanks again

John

Hi again Mark,

Please don't forget the free modem due with the new contract.

Thanks again

John

Hi John,

Apologies for the delay. I have issued a new modem to your business address. You should receive it within 3-5 days.

Reference:

3256637CH 17/07/12 17/07/12 COMPLETED 17/07/12

Thanks, Mark

Hi John,

Apologies for the delay. I have issued a new modem to your business address. You should receive it within 3-5 days.

Reference:

3256637CH 17/07/12 17/07/12 COMPLETED 17/07/12

Thanks, Mark

Thanks for that Mark appreciated.

John

• Advertisement

Thanks for that Mark appreciated.

John

No Problem : )

Thanks, Mark

Hi again Mark,
    Just a bit worried about the way my package is listed in My Eircom it is not listed as a bundle but two separate products if billed separately charges would be €57.78 instead of €52.99 bundle price, see attached screen captures, could you check for me please.

Also just noticed first month free with that package does that apply to existing customers?
    Thanks again,
    John
    bundle1.th.jpg

bundlez.th.jpg

Hi again Mark,
    Just a bit worried about the way my package is listed in My Eircom it is not listed as a bundle but two separate products if billed separately charges would be €57.78 instead of €52.99 bundle price, see attached screen captures, could you check for me please.

Also just noticed first month free with that package does that apply to existing customers?
    Thanks again,
    John
    bundle1.th.jpg

bundlez.th.jpg

Hi John,

I spoke to the business service center and they advised they were waiting for the broadband downgrade to fully complete before they can re=-apply the bundle discount to the new package.

That has been re-applied on the account today.

The modem was sent to An post today, so hopefully you should get it tomorrow.

Thanks, Mark

Thanks Mark,

As the broadband speed was reduced to 3Mb from Monday the 16th I thought the package would reflect the change at that point.

Anyway I will keep a check and let you know if I encounter any problem with charges.

Thanks,
    John

Hi Mark
    Modem delivered thanks, any reason why my package has still not been updated in My Eircom it is still showing two separate products “Eircom Value Business plan Business Line and Broadband Business Lite plus” instead of the Value Business Plan 3Mb Bundle.

Thanks John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

Hi Mark
    Modem delivered thanks, any reason why my package has still not been updated in My Eircom it is still showing two separate products “Eircom Value Business plan Business Line and Broadband Business Lite plus” instead of the Value Business Plan 3Mb Bundle.

Thanks John

Hi hazchem,

Have checked the account again to confirm the change. Can assure you it's correct on our side here, it's only the delay between the online system and our actual accounts system. It should be updated in the next few days to reflect the new package.

Regards

James

Hi hazchem,

Have checked the account again to confirm the change. Can assure you it's correct on our side here, it's only the delay between the online system and our actual accounts system. It should be updated in the next few days to reflect the new package.

Regards

James

Hi again,

Could you please have my account updated to correct package before issue of my next bill on the 28/08/2012 as both My Eircom and my bill indicate a package change but not to the correct product. The package should be http://business.eircom.net/broadband/products/bb/36/ Value Business Plan 3Mb Bundle @ €52.99 My Current package is €55.49

[IMG][/img]currentproducts.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

Hi again,

Could you please have my account updated to correct package before issue of my next bill on the 28/08/2012 as both My Eircom and my bill indicate a package change but not to the correct product. The package should be http://business.eircom.net/broadband/products/bb/36/ Value Business Plan 3Mb Bundle @ €52.99 My Current package is €55.49

[IMG][/img]currentproducts.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hi,

I have confirmed it again for you just to be certain. There was a slight issue where although the new package was applied, the old package was never removed. This means that even though the correct package was applied, the system was showing the old one. Have gotten sales to remove the old package manually (would have happened automatically anyway) but all is in order for you now.

Regards,

James

Thanks James,
    But wont be convinced until I see it changed in "My Bill/My eircom Dashboard" it still shows unchanged package today! will let you know if it is not corrected on next months bill.

• Advertisement

Hi,

I have confirmed it again for you just to be certain. There was a slight issue where although the new package was applied, the old package was never removed. This means that even though the correct package was applied, the system was showing the old one. Have gotten sales to remove the old package manually (would have happened automatically anyway) but all is in order for you now.

Regards,

James

As I expected James or Mark the bill is wrong this month, still not on "Value Business Plan 3Mb Bundle" and now also being charged for included any network mobile minutes.

Would it be at all possible to sort this total ineptitude out and credit my account with the over charge immediately.

John

As I expected James or Mark the bill is wrong this month, still not on "Value Business Plan 3Mb Bundle" and now also being charged for included any network mobile minutes.

Would it be at all possible to sort this total ineptitude out and credit my account with the over charge immediately.

John

Hi John,

I have been reading through the case with us in detail.

You requested to be downgraded to the 3MB business lite plus as part of the Value business plan bundle - http://bit.ly/rU3pfO

The correct bundle has been applied to your account?

- The bundle includes

* ‡‡60 any network mobile minutes

If you look at the call charges on your last bill the first column is the free local and national calls as part of the call package.

Then on the back of page 2 of 4 the top column is the free 60 minutes to mobile calls per month.
    The call package and broadband package are shown on the bill separately but then there is an ongoing credit of €4.79 to bring it to the bundle price (back of page 2 of 4)

Then on the previous bill 26/07/12 you got a standard €20.66 exc Vat / €25.41 Inc Vat as part of the change of bundle.

I issued a separate €25 as agreed with you.

Can you clarify why you feel the bill is incorrect?

Thanks, Mark

Hi John,

I have been reading through the case with us in detail.

You requested to be downgraded to the 3MB business lite plus as part of the Value business plan bundle - http://bit.ly/rU3pfO

The correct bundle has been applied to your account?

- The bundle includes

* ‡‡60 any network mobile minutes

If you look at the call charges on your last bill the first column is the free local and national calls as part of the call package.

Then on the back of page 2 of 4 the top column is the free 60 minutes to mobile calls per month.
    The call package and broadband package are shown on the bill separately but then there is an ongoing credit of €4.79 to bring it to the bundle price (back of page 2 of 4)

Then on the previous bill 26/07/12 you got a standard €20.66 exc Vat / €25.41 Inc Vat as part of the change of bundle.

I issued a separate €25 as agreed with you.

Can you clarify why you feel the bill is incorrect?

Thanks, Mark
    Hi Mark,
    Missed the fact that I was allowed the * ‡‡60 any network mobile minutes apologies for that but the package price is still incorrect.

From your link which is to the correct bundle package priced at €52.99.
    Now a discount of €4.79 from combined packages costing €60.28 results in a price of €55.49 not €52.99 a difference of €2.50 this difference and the fact that “Value Business Plan 3Mb Bundle “does not appear on my bill or in My Eircom is the reason for my complaint.

Thanks,
    John

Ps Am I missing something here there is only one*on that bundle but reading further down maybe I’m not eligible?

*Package applies to single lines and single accounts only
    ***The promotion is only applicable to new customers. Upgrading customers are not eligible for this promotion.
    ‡Unlimited local & national calls - Fair usage policy applies - limited to 2,500 minutes. Once the call minutes applicable to the package have been exceeded, call minutes in excess will be charged at eircom standard daytime rates at all times
    ‡‡60 Any network mobile minutes - 60 minutes calls to any mobile network within the Republic of Ireland for the whole month

Hi Mark,
    Missed the fact that I was allowed the * ‡‡60 any network mobile minutes apologies for that but the package price is still incorrect.

From your link which is to the correct bundle package priced at €52.99.
    Now a discount of €4.79 from combined packages costing €60.28 results in a price of €55.49 not €52.99 a difference of €2.50 this difference and the fact that “Value Business Plan 3Mb Bundle “does not appear on my bill or in My Eircom is the reason for my complaint.

Thanks,
    John

Ps Am I missing something here there is only one*on that bundle but reading further down maybe I’m not eligible?

*Package applies to single lines and single accounts only
    ***The promotion is only applicable to new customers. Upgrading customers are not eligible for this promotion.
    ‡Unlimited local & national calls - Fair usage policy applies - limited to 2,500 minutes. Once the call minutes applicable to the package have been exceeded, call minutes in excess will be charged at eircom standard daytime rates at all times
    ‡‡60 Any network mobile minutes - 60 minutes calls to any mobile network within the Republic of Ireland for the whole month

Hi John,

I spoke to a manager in business support. They advised the prices listed on the business website are exc Vat. So inc Vat for the package is €65 per month.

The reason for this is as a business customer you are entitled to claim the Vat back at the end of the financial year.

Thanks, Mark

Hi John,

I spoke to a manager in business support. They advised the prices listed on the business website are exc Vat. So inc Vat for the package is €65 per month.

The reason for this is as a business customer you are entitled to claim the Vat back at the end of the financial year.

Thanks, Mark

Thanks Mark,

Pearls of wisdom in that statement but could you get your esteemed manager to explain this price of the bundle I signed up to?
    [IMG][/img]bundley.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Regards John

Thanks Mark,

Pearls of wisdom in that statement but could you get your esteemed manager to explain this price of the bundle I signed up to?
    [IMG][/img]bundley.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Regards John

Hi John,

I was going back over your initial post in July to confirm you requested the 3MB bundle. If you click on the connection option on the link I posted previously. It does state:

Download/Upload speeds

A Download Speed of up to 3Mb is how fast you can receive information from the Internet. 3Mb is suitable for receiving large e-mails and attachments and watching video. 3Mb means "3 megabits per second".

An Upload Speed of up to 384kbps is the speed at which your computer can send amounts of information to the internet e.g. email. 384kbps is ideal if you frequently send emails with large attachments. 384 kbps means "three hundred and eighty four kilobits per second".
    30GB download allowance

If you exceed your 30GB monthly usage allowance eircom reserve the right to charge you for excess usage. Excess usage charge of 1c (ex VAT) per Mb. You can always check how much of your allowance you

* An Upload Speed of up to 384kbps

The previous package you were on Business starter is the minimum broadband package with the up to 1MB upload speeds?

Thanks, Mark

Hi John,

I was going back over your initial post in July to confirm you requested the 3MB bundle. If you click on the connection option on the link I posted previously. It does state:

Download/Upload speeds

A Download Speed of up to 3Mb is how fast you can receive information from the Internet. 3Mb is suitable for receiving large e-mails and attachments and watching video. 3Mb means "3 megabits per second".

An Upload Speed of up to 384kbps is the speed at which your computer can send amounts of information to the internet e.g. email. 384kbps is ideal if you frequently send emails with large attachments. 384 kbps means "three hundred and eighty four kilobits per second".
    30GB download allowance

If you exceed your 30GB monthly usage allowance eircom reserve the right to charge you for excess usage. Excess usage charge of 1c (ex VAT) per Mb. You can always check how much of your allowance you

* An Upload Speed of up to 384kbps

The previous package you were on Business starter is the minimum broadband package with the up to 1MB upload speeds?

Thanks, Mark

Mark my complaint has nothing to do with upload or download speeds in actual fact I downgraded from an 8Mb down 800 Kb up package.

My complaint is that the bundle I have now, is priced at €52.99 + Vat as per screen capture above from your website today.

I cannot understand why your company want to charge me more for the same bundle.

Really bizarre you appear not to want to understand my complaint.

Awaiting your reasoned explanation.

John

Mark my complaint has nothing to do with upload or download speeds in actual fact I downgraded from an 8Mb down 800 Kb up package.

My complaint is that the bundle I have now, is priced at €52.99 + Vat as per screen capture above from your website today.

I cannot understand why your company want to charge me more for the same bundle.

Really bizarre you appear not to want to understand my complaint.

Awaiting your reasoned explanation.

John

Hi John,

Apologies, you have the 8 hour repair facility on the account which is €2.50 exc Vat or 3.08 Inc vat per month. It is not showing as a separate product but is inclusive of the bundle price listed on the bill.

Thanks, Mark

Hi John,

Apologies, you have the 8 hour repair facility on the account which is €2.50 exc Vat or 3.08 Inc vat per month. It is not showing as a separate product but is inclusive of the bundle price listed on the bill.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark,

As my current bundle does not include this 8 hour repair facility you can remove it as the last time I had a line fault it took two days to even get it checked.

By the way Bundle prices are all inclusive and any extra charges that are not listed on a bill cannot legally be charged.

Thanks John

• Advertisement

Hi Mark,

As my current bundle does not include this 8 hour repair facility you can remove it as the last time I had a line fault it took two days to even get it checked.

By the way Bundle prices are all inclusive and any extra charges that are not listed on a bill cannot legally be charged.

Thanks John

Hi John,

Following on Friday, i will arrange for the 8 hour repair option to be removed from your account and get back to you tomorrow to confirm.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement