Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone cable help!

• 11-07-2012 10:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hi there,

working on a set up for my car which connects to the dock of my ipod and splits into a usb for charging and a 3.5mm jack for the auxiliary port in the engine. I have a cable such as this but want specifically a coiled extension cable with a male on 1 end to go into the iPod and a female to accept the male from the splitter. Basically its this except with male and female iPod connections.

I've tried looking everywhere but can't find it. Anyone know any decent websites that I've overlooked for something like this or other advice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

What!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 123 ✭✭Dirkster

guil wrote: »
    What!
    Ok Sorry, this cable I have. It is for the car. The USB charges the iPod through this in the cigarette charger. The 3.5mm jack goes into the back of the radio so I can play and charge the iPod using just the dock connecter.

What I'm looking for is an extension cable like this except it's coiled so the cable isn't all over the car and keeps it tidy. Like this just with different connections. I know its rather specific but can't find it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭yer man!

Dirkster wrote: »
    Ok Sorry, this cable I have. It is for the car. The USB charges the iPod through this in the cigarette charger. The 3.5mm jack goes into the back of the radio so I can play and charge the iPod using just the dock connecter.

What I'm looking for is an extension cable like this except it's coiled so the cable isn't all over the car and keeps it tidy. Like this just with different connections. I know its rather specific but can't find it.
    Maplin's, they have wire's for everything......

ah i was getting confused with 3.5mm to engine lol
    would it not be easier to just get a coilled charger and then run a 3.5mm-3.5mm from the headphone socket to the aux input on the car

guil wrote: »
    ah i was getting confused with 3.5mm to engine lol
    would it not be easier to just get a coilled charger and then run a 3.5mm-3.5mm from the headphone socket to the aux input on the car
    Ya it probably would alrite but there's an extra wire hanging around then. It's a pet project so have it in my head this is the way for it :D I can track down pretty much any other possible cable you could think of but find it very strange I can't find one like I've described. Maplins don't have it either I'm afraid

• Advertisement

i doubt you will find one, think about it, if you want an extension you're going to want the full length of it

could you not butcher the cable and connect to to a 12v source then hide the cable and just leave the dock connecter exposed wherever you want

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Not coiled but this might do what you want ?

Ken

ZENER wrote: »
    Not coiled but this might do what you want ?

Ken
    he has one of them already i think

Thanks for the suggestions guys but Guil is right, I have the two mentioned solutions already. Just looking for the big gig's suggestion except coiled or curly or whatever that type of cable is called!:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement