Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property Search - Ferrybank

Options
  • 11-07-2012 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi all, I've been looking into buying a house in Waterford. My budget is limited enough but my priority is to buy in as 'good' an area as possible, to not have any hassle and to feel secure is more important to me than how the place looks or what work needs to be done.

I have a fair idea about the areas on the city side of the bridge (although there doesn't seem to be a lot of places within my price range and requirements that I can see right now), but I'm a bit clueless about the various estates in Ferrybank (what kind of people they mostly cater to e.g young families, retirees etc) or how quiet they are, safety etc.

I'd be most interested in anyones views on the Marymount and Silverwood areas in particular as they looked decent to me just driving around.

Also if anyones got any suggestions about quiet, safe areas on the city side that would be great too as I may have overlooked them.

P.S I know nowheres perfect but what better advice to get than from those who live in these areas day in day out right?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I lived in Castle Oaks a few years ago and I live in Ferrybank now. Silverwood is lovely imho, houses are very good. the only down side is the walk to the main road for the bus which is a great bonus even if you have a car.

I love Marymount, most familys are there since 1937 and it really is close knit in a good way. I would say the houses are small though there have been some brilliant extensions in recent years. Ferrybank is missing a good playground but the schools are great. The best part is walking over town for sproi / tall ships, summer evenings etc.

The only part of Ferrbank I'm not gone on is the Abbey Rd because you cant stay on the footpath with a buggy when going over the Christendom bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

The Fairways and Greenoaks, or even any estate on the Rockshire Road is brilliant imo. Standing at the back of the house around midnight and it's close to (but not quite) like being in the middle of the country. Rarely trouble, but every estate is going to have something at somestage.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭DeiseX

Hi, both Marymount and Silverwood would be relatively quiet. I know of one or two houses for sale in Marymount. Not exactly sure of the asking prices but I am sure a search on-line would tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

My budget is limited enough...

Not being smart, but why don't you tell us your budget? We don't know who you are anyway, so it's not like we're going to rip you off! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 sevenshades

@fricatus: Fair point! I'm hoping no more than 100k, maybe slightly less if I could cut a little off an asking price.

Thanks everyone else for their replies, sounds like both of the areas I mentioned are promising.

• Advertisement
Advertisement