Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are too many young Irish women a bit on the haughty side?

• 11-07-2012 10:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭

Considering that previous generations of Irish women (my mothers and grandmothers generations) were so down to earth and humble. My granny and women of this era, many seem to be salt of the earth. And yet I find so many young Irish women to be haughty, standoffish and stuck up. What is up with this, and why are so many young Irish women these days like this, considering previous generations of Irish women were the polar opposite. And yes, I find women from other countries a lot more approachable, and less uppity.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Oh dear...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

no its just you :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Oooh yay, a thread about Irish women being stuck up.

Never ever seen one of these here before...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Diego Maradona

Charlie Haughty?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Surely this must be a parody thread, to see one of the most frequently and inarticulately-asked questions on After Hours put so baldly.

In case you're being serious OP, you're just completely wrong. I'll leave it at that. I don't intend to get sucked into any nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

In the before uppity snobby haughty Irish gals. . . . . .

. . . . all of whom I adore:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

There's a thread about this every few weeks - mostly because there's a hint, just a hint, of truth in it. We're still casting off the shackles of being a hugely Catholic society and men and women interact strangely towards one another. A man who approaches a group of women is usually seen as a weirdo by females and most new relationships begin from a really, really drunken night out between friends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

No need for the broad brush.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

My theory: the women here realize the Irish men aren't as good as women from other country think (because they watched PS I Love You) and they've realized we're absolute shíte.

So yeah, foreign girls are better. They're still confused and think we're actually good men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Nah, very few I've met I'd describe as haughty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Less gurly more hurly burly

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

According to the many, many women haters that seem to infest boards, they are not only just haughty but fat/ugly/hairy/loose/frigid/after money and so on.

What is it about female gender that frightens and enrages you so?

and they've realized we're absolute shíte.

To be fair, Irish men are the best on the planet. If a man can't get sarcasm, he ain't the man for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

it all went wrong when we gave them the vote

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

They're only haughty 'cos they're not drunk enough yet. Wander down the jacks, have a good puke, get a burger for yourself to fill the gap and Romeo will meet Juliet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

In fairness OP it could be just youre attitude,maybe your giving off vibes unbeknownst to yourself,and they then come across as haughty to you,
    OR
    you were on a night out got rebuffed and now youre feeling sore and all irish girls bc they wont sleep with you are haughty,maybe they feel they can do better..:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭dttq

Pushtrak wrote: »
    No need for the broad brush.

Saying all women in this country are stuck up would be a broad brush/ untruth and narrow minded. I excluded older generations of women, and said some younger women are that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

How very dare you. Irish women are not one bit naughty, they are all angels dropped down to slum it for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Have you ever considered the fact that it might be you, OP?

/thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement