Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sponsorship for an unskilled person

Options
  • 11-07-2012 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all first time posting after a bit of advice I have been to Oz twice and have used both my WHV I am now looking for another visa, I was working for an agricultural/plant contractor operating and maintaining machinery he is more than willing to sponsor me but has never done so before, is it even possible to do so anymore with recent changes could really do with some help cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Hi all first time posting after a bit of advice I have been to Oz twice and have used both my WHV I am now looking for another visa, I was working for an agricultural/plant contractor operating and maintaining machinery he is more than willing to sponsor me but has never done so before, is it even possible to do so anymore with recent changes could really do with some help cheers
    You need some skill mate. Sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

Well you have two options mate I reckon. You can apply for regional sponsorship (that is if you are in a regional area) and look for regional sponsorship. I was chatting to a girl in the Margaret River who was sponsored this way - apparently there aren't as many restriction as other visas - but I'm not to sure.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/regional-employment/nominated.htm

Another way if your job ain't on the skills list your employer can apply for an exception. This can happen if your employer can prove there is a genuine shortage of labour in the area

http://skilledmigration.govspace.gov.au/files/2011/08/Labour-Agreement-Information-Pack-October-20115.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Claas grass

Well you have two options mate I reckon. You can apply for regional sponsorship (that is if you are in a regional area) and look for regional sponsorship. I was chatting to a girl in the Margaret River who was sponsored this way - apparently there aren't as many restriction as other visas - but I'm not to sure.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/regional-employment/nominated.htm

Another way if your job ain't on the skills list your employer can apply for an exception. This can happen if your employer can prove there is a genuine shortage of labour in the area

http://skilledmigration.govspace.gov.au/files/2011/08/Labour-Agreement-Information-Pack-October-20115.pdf

Thanks for that the guy I was working for was in a regional area 150km from Melbourne he has trouble finding workers who can operate and maintain his equipment I would be working in a mechanic/foreman role, I would need to look for an exemption it looks like so I might try and phone a migration officer so on Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭ellaq

An exemption is one thing but to be able to do that job you might find that you will need a mechanical qualification. Operating equipment is different and you might find that is the best route to go down.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Claas grass

ellaq wrote: »
    An exemption is one thing but to be able to do that job you might find that you will need a mechanical qualification. Operating equipment is different and you might find that is the best route to go down.

Thanks any advice is much appreciated, I think I will try and get a migration expert on the case next week as the calls over and back to the employer trying to figure out the best route to take are difficult with the time difference

• Advertisement
Advertisement