Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bill costs?

Options
  • 12-07-2012 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hi, I'm looking to move out into a shared house and I was wondering if anyone could tell me how much on average would bills cost, how much can I expect to be paying. I'm looking at a place in Limerick where 3 others would be living with me.
    Does it make a difference where I'm living (won't be Dublin, anyway)?
    Can anyone give me any kind of an indication with this? I really would like to know in order to budget. I genuinely have no idea about bills- for all I know it could be anything between €10 and €1000 monthly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,402 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Does it make a difference where I'm living (won't be Dublin, anyway)?
    Electricity costs more in rural areas. Refuse collection will very from operator to operator.

These are the main bills people pay: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056630516

For 4 people, basic electricity could cost €200-500 per two months. This will however depend on how the property is heated and will vary by season. Add for coal/oil/gas.

Refuse collection will be a few hundred per year.

TV Licence is nearly €300 per year.

Cable / Satellite TV will vary depending on package, but deals can be had with phone and internet bundles. Expect €30-50 per month.

With 4 people, it may be difficult to get contents insurance.

Alarm monitoring / Home Insurance (buildings & contents) / Management company fees / building maintenance charge and the two taxes (NPPR & Household charge) should all be paid by the landlord.

Advertisement