Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jessie J Concert @O2 March 18

Options
  • 12-07-2012 1:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭

Hi,

For the girlfriends upcoming birthday I bought 2 tickets for this gig. I got standing tickets, and I'm just wondering what the standing area is like at the O2?
    Also I'm not a real big fan of her music, but I was just wondering if anybody has seen one of her gigs live and be able to tell me what shes like? I know she played at the Trinity Ball last year and wasn't supposed to be great

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

Rumours going around that she cancelled the gig.

Amanda Brunker will be performing instead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Jessie J, unlike most of her Pop Star peers, can actually sing live. Some set o' pipes on her, I'd say the O2 show will be well worth seeing tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Legend_Steph

She better not cancel!! :( If the rumours are false about Jessie cancelling it'll be the second time that I will have seen her. In my own opinion Jessie is an amazing, talented artist. Like Savman has said she does sing live. Miming/Lip syncing isn't in Jessies dictionary. She gives her performance 100%. Trinity Ball was only bad coz the majority of people were drunk and ended up stumbling on people who fell to the floor either from drinking or by being pushed/shoved.

Standing area (from Wikipedia): Retractable seating may be withdrawn to create space for 8,000 standing in front of the stage, with the remainder seated.

Picture of standing area: I found a random picture of what it would be like -
    http://ticketsthere.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/247565_10150266947753200_692118199_8990206_3759498_n.jpg

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Standing is grand at the O2 - have a good view no matter where your are.

Unless your girlfriend is a massive fan and wants to be up close I'd suggest hanging back a little bit, it can get pretty uncomfortable in the first 4/5 rows. You've more room to breathe and dance a bit further back, and its easier to grab a drink and get back to where you were.

I've not seen Jessie J live, but I've watched live performances and she seems to have a good set of pipes on her, her songs are decent too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 carefulnowww

Miming/Lip syncing isn't in Jessies dictionary.

U GO GURL

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea i would'nt be a massive fan of her but as said she can actually sing live and really well

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭kerosene

Is there an age restriction for the standing area, at the rescheduled gig in October?

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

Will this actually happen, or will it be canceled just like her last 4 Dublin gigs?:
    Oxegen '11, Oxegen '12, o2 March '13, Timberlake '13

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭HelpImAlive

sabrewulf wrote: »
    Will this actually happen, or will it be canceled just like her last 4 Dublin gigs?:
    Oxegen '11, Oxegen '12, o2 March '13, Timberlake '13

Oxegen 12.....

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

Oxegen 12.....
    The only cancelation that did not come from her directly. After she pulled out of the '11 billing (one day before the gig, and was replaced by Amanda Brunker!!!) she promised to be back for Oxegen '12. While this was canceled by the promoter she pulled out of 2 Dublin gigs in 2013 herself again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement