Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walking/Cycling routes in Cork.

Options
  • 12-07-2012 1:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭

I thought it might be good for us to have a thread where we recommend pleasant routes for walking and cycling in and around Cork City.

I'll get the ball rolling.

On this route (5.58 miles) you can park by the Atlantic pond and go for a enjoyable cycle/walk that goes along the an old train route that carries on out towards Rochestown except that you take a left turn onto a path that runs along the water as far as Blackrock castle.

Feel free to contribute. The website I used is www.runningmap.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Bhangraman

Thanks, I'll be using this app for my future cycling/walks, very handy :) This route is nice and can be extended as far as Crosshaven all along the harbour for a very long cycle ride.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Bhangraman wrote: »
    Thanks, I'll be using this app for my future cycling/walks, very handy :) This route is nice and can be extended as far as Crosshaven all along the harbour for a very long cycle ride.

Thought this thread had died on its arse! :)

I'll do another couple of routes during the week to see if the thread can get some momentum behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 fionn14

I'm also looking for some cycling routes in Cork.. 30 - 50 km?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

Have a search on map my ride or strava for ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭PcAngel

Any updates to this- links no longer working

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭PcAngel

Any update to this as links no longer working

Advertisement