Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed with Fifa Street

• 12-07-2012 2:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hey, i bought a pre-owned Fifa Street and the online pass is needed to use online features but the pass i got has already been used can anyone help or does anyone have a pass they havent used or dont need? thnanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Gotta pay EA €10 for a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 ItzzT0xiiczz

n1ck wrote: »
    Gotta pay EA €10 for a new one.

Awh no way, thanks anyway man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Awh no way, thanks anyway man

It's EA's way of combating the trade in market, its annoying alright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,203 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

n1ck wrote: »
    It's EA's way of combating the trade in market, its annoying alright!

Certainly is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

There's always people who have codes. Some don't have access to online pay so don't lose hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I don't really blame them to be honest. The second hand market needs to exist and it rightfully does.....but servers cost money and the second hand buyer basically gets them without paying EA a cent....the retailer gets 100% of the profit on second hand games.

It's understandable if you want online functionality that you pay for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

It would be understandable if their servers were any good, not so much in their current state

Kirby wrote: »
    I don't really blame them to be honest. The second hand market needs to exist and it rightfully does.....but servers cost money and the second hand buyer basically gets them without paying EA a cent....the retailer gets 100% of the profit on second hand games.

Yeah i get ya but the servers are cat like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

Kirby wrote: »

But the second hand buyer is 'taking' the original buyer's place on the server. Extra demand isn't created (the space that player statistics take up would be negligible), the user is just transferred. It should be obvious to all that EA's goal is to gouge the customer for all they can. ME3 day 1 DLC and multiplayer? Blegh. I'd imagine that Dead Space 3's online co-op is there to justify an online pass too.

But the second hand buyer is 'taking' the original buyer's place on the server. Extra demand isn't created (the space that player statistics take up would be negligible), the user is just transferred. It should be obvious to all that EA's goal is to gouge the customer for all they can. ME3 day 1 DLC and multiplayer? Blegh. I'd imagine that Dead Space 3's online co-op is there to justify an online pass too.

Yeah true, and with me paying 60 quid for xbox live i should get it

• Advertisement

Yeah true, and with me paying 60 quid for xbox live i should get it

I've a PS3 myself (not really bothered about online gaming, just casually dip in and out when i feel like it), but i completely forgot about having to fork out money for Live.

The online pass is now a bigger disgrace! :mad:

I've a PS3 myself (not really bothered about online gaming, just casually dip in and out when i feel like it), but i completely forgot about having to fork out money for Live.

The online pass is now a bigger disgrace! :mad:

Yeah in the end u end up paying more for an xbox than playstation

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

Yeah in the end u end up paying more for an xbox than playstation

well thank god xbox servers are decent

not a fan boy here i have both but the ps3 servers are a disgrace, cant really say anything though because its free

saiint wrote: »
    well thank god xbox servers are decent

not a fan boy here i have both but the ps3 servers are a disgrace, cant really say anything though because its free

Really? You should probably have a play around with your router settings or something, as there's bugger all difference in them.

Advertisement