Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I Just Saw a Fcuking Ghost

• 12-07-2012 3:17am

:( it sacred me flashed for about 2 seconds and it dissapeared

im not crazy :D

it was all white also

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

No you Fcuking didn't!

MrStuffins wrote: »
    No you Fcuking didn't!

yes i did i swear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I believe you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

Relax! You're just having a stroke.

yes i did i swear

Oh you swear?

Well that changes everything!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

You have it lucky just seeing a fucking ghost. I had the displeasure of seeing a ghost fucking :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Its not the only spirit you've seen tonight.

Keno 92 wrote: »
    You have it lucky just seeing a fucking ghost. I had the displeasure of seeing a ghost fucking :(

A ghost ****ed me once in my sleep!

I mean, he must've! I woke up and my boxers were full of Ectoplasm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

I thought you said it was fuking, but then it just flashed you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Was it Casper the friendly ghost?

Call the ghostbusters they'll sort you out.

• Advertisement

i dont drink or smoke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

tajd wrote: »

i dont drink or smoke

do you take tablets for the "nerves" ?

ceegee wrote: »

100% sane but i did see a ghost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

i dont drink or smoke

Maybe you should start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

ceegee wrote: »

100% sane but i did see a ghost

Id give the tablets a try just in case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

it was all white also

Racist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭southcentralts

My psychic told my a stranger would disclose and astonishing half-truth this very year!
    Could the ghost have been black?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

your ideas interest me and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

it was all white also

did it say ah he he he and try to touch you ??

if so i broke into the wrong gaf...

Pdfile wrote: »
    did it say ah he he he and try to touch you ??

if so i broke into the wrong gaf...

i just saw it infront for me for like 2 seconds and then it was gone

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Party Supply Van

Was the ghost saying 'good boy, good boy?' :D

Was the ghost saying 'good boy, good boy?' :D

ha ha my work story for another thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭dave3004

Are we going to start telling ghost stories or what? Ive loads !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

dave3004 wrote: »
    Are we going to start telling ghost stories or what? Ive loads !!!!

h/o have you already started?

race ya! this'll one'll put teh willies up ya alright.. just gimme a few min.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

That's the sight that I fear most... I'd rather have a piece of toast

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

A fcuking ghost?:confused:

What was it fcuking?:confused:

Maybe it's that holy ghost fecker that fcuked the Virgin Mary.;);)

Lock up your daughters if that randy hoor is back.:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭dave3004

My Ex girlfriend has a haunted house.

Now, this is not a thinly veiled, I'ev had a girlfriend thread because I know you thought about that already. House IS haunted by a lady ghost.

Where to begin.

Her most recent boyfriend here was a real sensitive soul. Mad into energies, auras and such and such. After dating for a while, she invitred him to visit the house. She never told him anything about it.
    He walked to the front door and said "There's something not right with your house". He never once entered her home.

Her elder sister, who is in her 30s, when she lived there a few years ago, she was regualrly visited by a lady ghost in her bedroom. All members of the family claim to have seen the ghost. These are normal people too. Not weirdos.

Another time we were having a party. One of our friends went upstairs to take a sh!t. Now let me tell you, this guy is a complete rugger bugger, man's man. Stalky, masculine and hard nosed.

He walked down the stairs some time after with tears in his eyes. Walked straight out the door home. Then we found out a fews later what happened. He said he was sitting there taking a sh@t and a lady ghost walked straight through the door into the bathroom.

We delved into the history of the area after the family got the house blessed by priests several times and discovered something truly amazing.

Their estate was built on a site where people were hanged from a large tree. Scary indeed.

When I was in Hawaii, I was partying with friends.

Two of the girls whos apt it was claimed they had seen a ghost in the apt.

After the party several eerie things happened. I dismissed them with logic.

I went to other side of the city that evenign to train in soccer with my team.

Was telling my friend about the party and without mentioning anything, he said "Well once its not those apts that line the river you're fine" and chuckled.
    That is exactly where they were living.

A quick search on google showed that there was a mass suicide years ago from the balconies of these apts onto the road outside. Scary sh*t. Didn’t tell the girls til after they left.

That’s the kind of guy I am......Plus I was doinking one of them so ... Ya know !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 806 ✭✭✭getzls

it was all white also

You watching Randall & Hopkirk (deceased) again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭shuridunno

I saw something worse than a ghost....just last night.

I skyped my sister for the first time, she was just after saying hello and her husband and kids waving and all excited as it was a new experience for us.

I couldn't help being freaked out, a person appeared in the background, and with the low quality video feed that my broadband allows the woman looked creepy, she was wearing a black hat and just standing there staring at them.

So, I said to them, I don;t want to freak you out, but either i'm imagining something or this is like a really scary movie and you're about to be killed as there is a woman standing behind you.

They all freaked out but it turned out to be their neighbour, she had just popped in and they didn;t see her in their excitement, but then she wouldn't leave either, so our first skype session was a disaster.
    Fooking Americans:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

OP are you sure you were not walking pass a mirror?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Lucky bástards give me ghosts anyday. I once got flashed by a goat. His name was Gerry. Freaked me right out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

anyone ever do the ouija board?

anyone ever do the ouija board?

no, nobody in the history of the universe has ever done the ouija board

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Teeeedddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭ruthloss

I see 'thread' people.

Sorry, the old ones are the best!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭some random drunk

I used to see ghosts all the time. Then I got my glasses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,134 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

The phantom duvet thief strikes again, and has now got enough to start his own bedding shop.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

it was all white also
    Not to be a nazi but may i attempt to decipher your post?

Its sacred. I flashed for about 2 seconds and it disappeared."
    Showing your genitals to a ghost is certainly crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

it was all white also
    I believe ya I seen one yesterday myself
    Was scabbin money off people outside the jervis stop!
    :D
    Was also white

Psst, you should post about it in this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Psst, you should post about it in this thread.

Agree the lads and lases over there will have a field day with this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

bluewolf wrote: »

have any boards users who happen to be looking in on this thread, every tried the ouija board? Maybe this is a topic for a new thread. I was going to share my experiences, if there was anyone interested.

bluewolf wrote: »

Funnily enough, that's not true. The Ouija Board is actually a Hasbro game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

have any boards users who happen to be looking in on this thread, every tried the ouija board? Maybe this is a topic for a new thread. I was going to share my experiences, if there was anyone interested.

if you do plan on starting a thread about the make-believe, then don't do it in AH. well, that is if you don't want to be ridiculed as a lunatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

There's a paranormal forum for anyone who actually does want to chat about that stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

My level of belief in the supernatural was re-affirmed when I came down the stairs one night to the kitchen to get a drink. Through the window in the back door I saw the floating ghostly form of Jesus Christ or a spirit that looked like the traditional white blue eyed bearded man depiction of Jesus.

This apparition just confirmed what I already knew..................

......That the brain is an amazing organ but that it regularily gets things wrong and that even the most convincing visions are in all likelyhood....ahem...brainfarts.

If I was a believer in the supernatural and then saw this apparition, my likely reaction would have been fear and then I would have imediately ran off to tell someone. Mine would have become one of those countless anecdotes that you hear. ie. "I have a friend who said he saw a spirit and he is a straight up guy, he wouldn't lie about something like that, I have no reason not to believe his sincerity" etc etc. (I am a straight up guy and I wouldn't lie about something like this)

The difference is that I am not a believer and I know the illusions the brain is capable off. My first reaction was not fear and the wish to run straight off to tell someone. My reaction was WTF and immediate curiosity. ie. I know I am not really seeing what it looks like I am seeing.

I stopped dead in my tracks and studied this vision of a bearded robed man in the back yard out through the window in the back door. I knew this was likely an instance of the brain taking some visual clues in the murky light and jumping to the wrong conclusion and filling in the gaps incorrrectly when 'drawing' what it guessed I was seeing on my visual cortex. This type of thing has an evolutionary basis. In the dim light around the Plieostecene campfire and the eye/brain detects a shape moving in the bushes nearby, its better for the brain (and its transport mechanism - Your Body!) to be safe than sorry and draw a sabretooth tiger on the visual cortex and make you jump, than guess its just an interplay of light and shadow with a branch of the bush. Better to make you jump by mistake 9 times out of 10 than not make you jump that 1 time it really is a sabretooth tiger.

I knew this was one of those instances. I studied the apparition for a few moments and then it clicked what it was and the apparition collapsed. It was something like the reflection of the towel on the chair beside me in the window of the back door superimposed over something hanging on the gate out in the yard. ONce I knew what it was I was able to make the apparition re-appear and disappear at will. Think of it like that popular illusion of the candlestick and the to faces looking at each other. One can switch their brain from percieving the candlestick or two faces and switch between the perception of them at will.

I smiled and went back to bed. Like I said, what if I was a believer and didn't pause to study the vision and immediately ran off and told the story with complete sincerity to others. This would be just another one of those supernatural anecdotes.

Everyone experiences this kind of brainfart its just that when it happens in daylight and the thing your brain draws on your visual cortex is an everyday object, one doesn't think they saw the ghost of a big rat, one just laughs to ones self that they thought they saw a big rat for a second. For some reason a lot of people don't seem to connect the dots and realise that this is the exact same normal nuerological perceptual brainfart thing that happens when they think they have seen a ghost later in the day :D

The rat example was me walking out the back door and seeing a big rat run past me which made me jump. A split second later my brain copped on to its mistake. I was looking down as I walked out the door, just as my mother walked past to the utility room. She was wearing beige slacks that camoflaged her legs against the beige floor tiles, In that split second my brain only percieved her disembodied brown shoes zipping past along the ground. My brain made a split second guess and drew a rat on my visual cortex. I jumped, my perspective changed and I saw the rest of my mother in my peripheral visual. The illusion collapsed and the rat disappearred. The exact same type of thing as My Vision of Jesus.

The exact same thing as the ghostly figure on the dark lane ahead disappearing before my eyes. It was just my brain redrawing the bush branch and shadow/light interplay from its human shape into its real shape....a bush branch and a shadow. It wasn't a disappearing fecking spirit of a middle ages soldier from a historical battle in the 16th century haunting the area around the old battlefield etc etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

Google ideomotor effect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

i dont drink or smoke

You forgot to add 'before 6pm".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I saw a blurry vision of bearded, long haired man in white appear before me and smile back at me once.

I instantly thought "Jesus Christ!!...........I badly need a haircut!..........and this mirror could do with a wipe, too....."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

WARNING: The following is a very scary story. Seriously, don't watch it if you've a weak heart.

• Advertisement
Advertisement