Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wearing jeans to interview

• 12-07-2012 7:47am
    Site Banned Posts: 153 ✭✭

Is this acceptable?

I hate suits, ties, slacks etc.

Can I wear a shirt jeans and runners?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭WhimSock

Sure. Then it greatly increases my chance of getting a job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Just wear slacks for a few hours you hobo.

• Site Banned Posts: 153 ✭✭kegzmc

Just wear slacks for a few hours you hobo.

Hobbo?

Why you say that? I ll not go before I have to buy slacks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭GTDolanator

kegzmc wrote: »
    Hobbo?

every man should have a pair of slacks in the wardrobe just in case,there 20 notes in dunnes

• Site Banned Posts: 153 ✭✭kegzmc

Hobbo?

every man should have a pair of slacks in the wardrobe just in case,there 20 notes in dunnes

Don't be flashing your money round me tough guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Hobbo?

Don't think. Just listen to Moses. He'll guide you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭LLU

Is this acceptable?

I hate suits, ties, slacks etc.

Can I wear a shirt jeans and runners?

Certainly - provided you want to demonstrate that unlike the majority of other interviewees you couldnt be bothered making the effort to dress formally for the hour or so required for an interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Is this acceptable?

No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Surely when you buy your boat they well throw in a fee pair of slacks.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

Are you interviewing for a job as a horse wrangler?
    If so jeans should be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

The need to look 'presentable' just highlights what a shallow mess society is. Wake up sheeple etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

The worst I have seen is a lad turning up for a senior role interview wearing a hoody, shorts and trainers. He was real cocky as well.

Go for it OP, sometimes we need a laugh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭stimpson

Wear pyjamas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭touts

Depends on the job. If its an office job and you turn up in jeans, runners and a tee-shirt you are wasting your time and more importantly their time. Sure it is what you say that matters more than how you look but you'll be starting out way behind the 20 others being interviewed for the job and to be honest in my experience anyone who can't work out how to dress for a job interview usually can't work out how to give good answers to questions.

If it is a manual job in a factory or such then neat dress is probably fine (jeans and a poloshirt). Don't turn up with dirty ripped jeans and an old "Che" tee-shirt. You will come across as lazy and lazy isn't what is needed in a manual job.

But to be completely honest with you (in a constructive criticism sort of way) the more important thing is your whole attitude is coming across as all wrong. You have a job interview and the thing bothering you is "I hate suits, ties, slacks etc. Can I wear a shirt jeans and runners?". That sounds like a lazy spoilt teenager being dragged out of bed to go to something by their parents. Try to get enthuastic about the prospect of finally finding a job and the opportunities it will give you. If you can't it will come across in the interview and you will be on a hiding to nothing. If you really want this job then fight for it. Buy suitable clothes and start researching the company and thinking about how best to sell yourself. If you don't want the job phone the company to withdraw your application, f*ck off back to bed and stop wasting their time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

Wear flip flops too and show them you really don't give a fcuk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Just wear a pair of shoes
    Black jeans will work with a Black blazers and a white shirt. A little bit of effort goes a long way in this day and age

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Is it a job as a victorian era industrialist?

Because a top hat and monocle would be the costume de rigueur in that instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

Depends on the job, office job a no no.

A trade you can.

Cant wait to see your brides face on your wedding day.

I hate slacks. If you have your phone and wallet in the same pocket and you sit down funny it looks like you have a strange erection.

As for ties...all they do is cover your buttons, point at your genitals snd choke you to death when it inevitably gets caught in the shredder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Work Jobs has many threads on interview attire.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement