Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League Of Ireland Fixtures (WEEK 18) July 13-15 2012

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Rovers draw 1-1 with manager less Dundalk. Ekranas could be fun on Tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Sligo Rvrs	16	10	5	1	26	10	35
    St. Patrick's 	15	7	7	1	22	10	28
    Drogheda U	15	7	5	3	26	18	26
    Shamrock R	16	6	7	3	30	25	25
    Shelbourne	17	7	3	7	22	23	24
    Derry City	17	6	4	7	19	20	22
    Cork City	16	4	7	5	21	20	19
    Bohemian	16	5	4	7	16	16	19
    Bray Wndrs	17	4	4	9	26	36	16
    Dundalk	16	3	4	9	12	31	13
    UCD	15	2	4	9	14	25	10

Must win for Pats and Drogs on sunday now

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Really need some sort of result in Dalymount on Sunday. We've got a nasty run of fixtures coming up after Sunday (St. Pats at home, Drogs away, Shams at home). We could be completely adrift at the bottom at the end of those.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Enjoyed the match on TV earlier. Thought Quigley was excellent!

Disastrous yet again from Shamrock Rovers though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Cracking game in Bray, disappointed not to get something from it but with Waters moment of madness its not gonna happen. Can definitely take the positives from it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,080 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Derry v Sligo.

Thought we put in a better performance tonight, although also think Sligo weren't at their best.

Thought we were going to snatch a draw, kick in the balls to concede in the last 5mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Cracking game in Wexford tonight, although it seemed like it was never going to end. 1-1 a fair result in truth, although we could have put it to bed early on. Longford's back 5 were dreadful. Joe Mulcahy was sensational for the Youths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

An absolute ding dong of a game tonight.

Ahead of Derry now. Onwards and upwards. :pac:

Drogheda at home next week. :) Need to atone for the "performance" against them earlier in the season. :o

Zebra are your lot closing in on Rovers yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Mushy wrote: »
    Zebra are your lot closing in on Rovers yet?

Yep, so hopefully Kenny hangs on for another while yet. :pac:

236-01.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Really enjoyed the game in Oriel tonight. Great game in fairness. We started well and were really getting stuck into Rovers for the first half hour. Got our goal and tried to hang on to our lead for the rest of the game.

Rovers played some neat and tidy football in the opening half but I can't really remember any decent chances for them except for a free kick which hit the post.

Second half was really good. Rovers attacking at will and Dundalk breaking at speed on the counter. In fairness Rovers deserved their goal as they were the better team on the night but I was really heartened by our first performance post McCaffrey and even more heartened by the fact there was a bit of atmosphere in the place for the first time in an age. Think there was about 1500 there this evening.

Pighead wrote: »
    Really enjoyed the game in Oriel tonight. Great game in fairness. We started well and were really getting stuck into Rovers for the first half hour. Got our goal and tried to hang on to our lead for the rest of the game.

Rovers played some neat and tidy football in the opening half but I can't really remember any decent chances for them except for a free kick which hit the post.

Second half was really good. Rovers attacking at will and Dundalk breaking at speed on the counter. In fairness Rovers deserved their goal as they were the better team on the night but I was really heartened by our first performance post McCaffrey and even more heartened by the fact there was a bit of atmosphere in the place for the first time in an age. Think there was about 1500 there this evening.

I'd be very curious to know how different the players looked without McCaffrey? More interested and up for it than before?

Kearns is a smashing coach, no player i know has a bad word to say about him. Unfortunate in his choice of jobs, but fair few players like to work with him.

Hope he gets the gig, hes a nice guy.

or?

255264_422973324408793_465953902_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

I'd be very curious to know how different the players looked without McCaffrey? More interested and up for it than before?
    Yeah the players definitely seemed to be a bit more up for it this week but then again that generally happens for a new managers first game. (Ok, Darius isn't new but you get the idea) There has just been a dark cloud hanging over Oriel Park since McCaffrey came in. In fairness to him he had a ridiculously hard job to do but then again he didn't really help himself with his awful dealings with the media and sometimes baffling decisions.

It was also really refreshing to see Darius out at the side of the pitch urging the players on and encouraging them rather than looking at McCaffrey's miserable head slumped in the dugout. Derry up next and given they're not in the best of form we have a chance of maybe picking up another point (or three!)

dreamers, don't even joke about it. Like you I hope they give Darius a chance. On a side note Ian Foster was there tonight and it was nice to hear him get a big cheer when his name was called out.

Mc Caffrey is a spoofer, wont say how he got the ireland job cos boards would be libel. But lets just say he knows people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Longford were very poor in Wexford tonight. Even when Wexford went down to 10 men we created SFA...

Limerick now level on points and can only see them pulling away. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭Sligored

Yeah the players definitely seemed to be a bit more up for it this week but then again that generally happens for a new managers first game. (Ok, Darius isn't new but you get the idea) There has just been a dark cloud hanging over Oriel Park since McCaffrey came in. In fairness to him he had a ridiculously hard job to do but then again he didn't really help himself with his awful dealings with the media and sometimes baffling decisions.

It was also really refreshing to see Darius out at the side of the pitch urging the players on and encouraging them rather than looking at McCaffrey's miserable head slumped in the dugout. Derry up next and given they're not in the best of form we have a chance of maybe picking up another point (or three!)

dreamers, don't even joke about it. Like you I hope they give Darius a chance. On a side note Ian Foster was there tonight and it was nice to hear him get a big cheer when his name was called out.

well done dundalk but dont bring foster back. Give darius the gig

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Mc Caffrey is a spoofer, wont say how he got the ireland job cos boards would be libel. But lets just say he knows people.

Complete and absolute spoofer!! I watched him barely make the top of the steps at Richmond Park into the dugout!!

I don't mean to be bad or cruel, but the bloke is a walking inevitable heart attack in the making. How he's meant to motivate a group of footballers, i just don't know!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

SantryRed wrote: »
    Rovers draw 1-1 with manager less Dundalk. Ekranas could be fun on Tuesday.

No. I fear the away leg.

Appalling away form.

dfx- wrote: »
    Appalling away form.

Only 2 away wins in the league all season -- the same as Bray and Dundalk!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

dfx- wrote: »
    No. I fear the away leg.

Appalling away form.
    And yet most of your poor performances in Europe were at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Stop the season, I'm getting off.

Longford were very poor in Wexford tonight. Even when Wexford went down to 10 men we created SFA...

Limerick now level on points and can only see them pulling away. :(

Looked a bit better once Bermo came on, does he not normally start?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

was at my first ever LOI game last night between wexford and longford - really enjoyed it! much better than what i thought it was going to be so ill definitely go again.

wexford were excellent in the first half i thought - deserved their goal. longford came into it more in the second half and scored a cracking free kick.

all in all was a great experience id recommend it to anyone - if youve never been to a LOI game before you should give it a go. you might be pleasantly surprised.

next home game a friendly against bradford - ill be there! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

^^^^^^^^^
    Great to hear you enjoyed what was a good LOI game played honestly between 2 passionate teams. Don't be afraid to get involved with whoever is your local club or whichever one appeals to you.All you need to do is turn up and enjoy the banter

oldyouth wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^
    Great to hear you enjoyed what was a good LOI game played honestly between 2 passionate teams. Don't be afraid to get involved with whoever is your local club or whichever one appeals to you.All you need to do is turn up and enjoy the banter

well theres only two clubs close to me - wexford or waterford. both my parents are formerly from wexford and ive supported the hurlers for years so its only natural id go for wexford youths if i started going to LOI games.

the only thing is im a bit disgusted with myself i didnt go to a game sooner but its better late than never i suppose!

one other thing - number 11 last night (joey mulcahy i think) was outstanding. was a thorn in longfords side all night - especially the first half. i heard someone mention hes a new signing - where did he come from?

sonic85 wrote: »
    the only thing is im a bit disgusted with myself i didnt go to a game sooner but its better late than never i suppose!

Absolutely. Glad you enjoyed it.

Maybe bring a couple of friends along with you next time and they might get into it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Nice one Sonic. Welcome :) Glad you enjoyed it mate. Plenty of threads for LOI supporters in the forum including this one every week so feel free to come in for a chat about the games.

thanks lads. ill definitely spread the word - theres a few people i work with that might go to a few games. the more the merrier right?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Hi Sonic. Joey is new to most Youths supporters . I believe he is a Kilkenny native and a former Waterford U20 captain. It won't mean much to you (yet) but I think we have found a new talisman to replace Garry Sheahan

• Advertisement

sonic85 wrote: »

Never feel disgusted at not going before last night, you made an effort of going, and now you've enjoyed it. You're not tied down to an online contract stating you've to follow the team everywhere. If you alone go back, its more money in the clubs pocket. If you bring more people, all the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,592 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Mushy wrote:
    If you alone go back, its more money in the clubs pocket.
    Ah now, they're not Sligo

CSF wrote: »
    Ah now, they're not Sligo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Bohs 1-0 UCD

Pats 0-1 Drogheda

Kick off in both games was 1500

May aswell have Sligo's trophy presentation now and be done with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

CSF wrote: »
    May aswell have Sligo's trophy presentation now and be done with it.

Don't forget about Dundalk. If they go out of the league before the end that is 3 points for Pats.

Long way from over yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Theres also half a game to be played yet today..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Don't forget about Dundalk. If they go out of the league before the end that is 3 points for Pats.

Long way from over yet.

We wont be out of the league before the end.

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Theres also half a game to be played yet today..
    I certainly wasn't considering that game a result or a given or anything close to it. But nobody else is showing the ruthlessness that Sligo are. You get the impression that Sligo are going to win every week at this stage, whereas with the rest you know they're going to drop stupid points all over the place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Ian Wright is at the Pats match.

Drogheda's gameplan here seems to be to waste as much time as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Drogheda up to second. Distinctly recall their fans singing "We're not bottom of the league" last season. Some turnaround.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Ten man Bohs beat UCD 1-0.

Ten man Drogheda beat St.Pats 2-0.

Drogheda move into second place.

236-01.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Ten man Drogheda beat St.Pats 2-0.

Drogheda move into second place.

236-01.gif

Disgraceful by the LOI making teams play games so soon after playing in Europe. Pats represented the league in Europe with distinction and they are punished for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Disgraceful by the LOI making teams play games so soon after playing in Europe. Pats represented the league in Europe with distinction and they are punished for it.

We had reached agreement with UCD to play Monday night instead but the FAI blocked it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Teams play Thursdays and Sundays everywhere in Europe. I don't see the problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Bit more difficult when 90% of your squad are amateur.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Madworld

You mean full time teams with squads of 30 players do.

This Summer Break we have every year should be on when LOI teams are in Europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Madworld wrote: »
    You mean full time teams with squads of 30 players do.

This Summer Break we have every year should be on when LOI teams are in Europe.

But sure, then the FAI lads couldn't go off on the piss to Poland. Can't be having that now!

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Squelchy

Fecking gobsh*te. Couldn't stay on the pitch 5 minutes without swinging a dig*.

Like most people; I didn't actually see it, but his lack of protestation said it all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

bohsman wrote: »
    We had reached agreement with UCD to play Monday night instead but the FAI blocked it.

That was sound of them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement