Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League Of Ireland Fixtures (WEEK 18) July 13-15 2012

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Squelchy wrote: »
    Fecking gobsh*te. Couldn't stay on the pitch 5 minutes without swinging a dig*.

Like most people; I didn't actually see it, but his lack of protestation said it all.
    Blatant red alright. Cannot understand what he was thinking. Wasn't exactly a Klitschko force punch or anything but a deserved red.
    I'm becoming convinced that the only way we're going to avoid a playoff is if Dundalk happen to go bust. That's two games in a row we should have gotten something from the game, especially against 10 men. Again, played some great stuff but the final ball was lacking. Also yet another goal conceded from a corner. Every corner that comes into the box seems to cause utter panic.
    Hopefully McMillan gets up to speed pretty quick and chips in with a few goals. We're in big trouble if we don't start getting more goals soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭southlouth type

monkey9 wrote: »
    Ian Wright is at the Pats match.

Drogheda's gameplan here seems to be to waste as much time as possible.

NO .Our gameplan was to put the ball in the net as many times as we could . Beaten fair and square by a Drogs team with ten men :D Happy days ! Shels next week should be a cracker ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

NO .Our gameplan was to put the ball in the net as many times as we could . Beaten fair and square by a Drogs team with ten men :D Happy days ! Shels next week should be a cracker ....

I genuinely think the plan was to stop play and waste time as much as possible to have the least amount of time possible for Pat's to have the football. The kicking of the ball away when free kicks and throws were awarded to us. Even when your defenders where clearing the ball out of play for Pat's throws, they were lumping the ball over the trees rather than just knocking it out.

I'm not argueing with you, btw. Fair play to the Drogs. You took your chances even if both our keepers were at fault for a goal each. We hardly troubled your keeper for all of our possession.

I knew it would be a tough one today, especially so when i saw our line-up.

Mick Cooke is doing an unbelievable job there this season. If this keeps up, he has to be up there for manager of the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Ax2kv5KCIAEslTB.jpg:large

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Scrappy win for us but I'll take it.

I hope to never see Scully in red and black again. 3 red cards this season and he's ****ing ****e to boot.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Sunday afternoon neutral's perspective: Pat's need to get Chambers out of the centre of the park. He's limited and totally one-sided. Every single pass he played was down the right and telegraphed. Put Bolger or Forrrester in there instead.
    Pat's were unlucky but did themselves no favours with their set up. So easy to defend against.
    Drogheda v Shels....can only see one outcome :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Poor yesterday think bucko would have settled for 1-1 but changing the back 4 ensured calamities. Murphy broke his finger, no complaints about the game they deserved to win and now have a savage away record.

Mk Dons watching Forrester, Ian Wright being a drama queen in the directors box. Everytime someone has watched Forrester he has been rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Why was Ian Wright there? Is he doing his badges or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

stovelid wrote: »
    Why was Ian Wright there? Is he doing his badges or something?

He's a coach at MK Dons. He could be doing his badges as well.

Quite possible the next 2 draws we are in we could get Cherry Orchard and Inter Milan. May not beat Siroki but still in the draw on friday.

Nailed on Anzi Machkalalallalala tho if we win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭southlouth type

born2bwild wrote: »
    Sunday afternoon neutral's perspective: Pat's need to get Chambers out of the centre of the park. He's limited and totally one-sided. Every single pass he played was down the right and telegraphed. Put Bolger or Forrrester in there instead.
    Pat's were unlucky but did themselves no favours with their set up. So easy to defend against.
    Drogheda v Shels....can only see one outcome :(

Dont know about the game shels tbh , they are a decent side . I for one wont be getting carried away with anything but it will be interesting to see what MNS has to say about us . We have been under the radar so far which is good , but credit where its due , beating derry and pats away in 2 games is good form in this league . Enjoyable time to be a Drogs fan after the turmoil of the last few years .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Enjoyable time to be a Drogs fan after the turmoil of the last few years .

Same with Bohs, have surpassed all expectations for the season so far. 7 points from our last 3 games away to Cork and home to Rovers and UCD is great form as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

bohsman wrote: »
    Same with Bohs, have surpassed all expectations for the season so far. 7 points from our last 3 games away to Cork and home to Rovers and UCD is great form as well.

And in 6th place atm

Yeah but lads its a poor league this season seemingly.

I thought it was stronger than the last 2 years but seemingly its not. Think we should stop getting results vs Rovers so it can be a better league.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Yeah but lads its a poor league this season seemingly.

Wouldn't say it's poor in terms of the strength of squads but it's been marked by a lot of inconsistency.

Sligo have been relatively inconsistent (drawn 5 games and lost 1).

Drogheda are in second despite having lost 3 games and drawn 5.

We've been utter pox yet Pats are only 3 points ahead of us which means you're not great this season either as you actually get points for results, not blowing your trumpet about possession and passing.

Not knocking Sligo or Drogs: I just mean that if a team performed like us or Sligo last season, the league would have been over by now. That said, there is under half a season to go and it's probably only a matter of time before Sligo really pull away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Scrappy win for us but I'll take it.

I hope to never see Scully in red and black again. 3 red cards this season and he's ****ing ****e to boot.

Wasn't there yesterday unfortunately but he's been utter bollocks anytime I've seen him. Any idea when Dinny's back?

Wouldn't say it's poor in terms of the strength of squads but it's been marked by a lot of inconsistency.

Sligo have been relatively inconsistent (drawn 5 games and lost 1).

Drogheda are in second despite having lost 3 games and drawn 5.

We've been utter pox yet Pats are only 3 points ahead of us which means you're not great this season either as you actually get points for results, not blowing your trumpet about possession and passing.

Not knocking Sligo or Drogs: I just mean that if a team performed like us or Sligo last season, the league would have been over by now. That said, there is under half a season to go and it's probably only a matter of time before Sligo really pull away.

You drew 8 and lost 5 last season. drew 10 and lost 7 the season before. So i really have no idea where you get the above from.

From my point of view we are a much better team, almost every other team in the league are better. Derry the worst of the teams i expected to be decent.

Shels, Cork, Drogs and to a point Bohs have ensured the top half of the table is much better than last seasons.

But again its not my opinion its the "worst league in years" i would go the total opposite a lot of decent players in the league this year.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

That_Guy wrote: »
    Wasn't there yesterday unfortunately but he's been utter bollocks anytime I've seen him. Any idea when Dinny's back?
    No idea, wasn't on the bench yesterday so probably a couple of weeks =/. Wilson is doing an ok job of leading the line, but you can tell he's not a natural striker. John O Conner might be given a chance maybe.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

The draw for the Third Round of the FAI Cup will take place on MNS (RTE TWO, 7-8 pm) on Monday, 16th July.

The competing Clubs and numbers are as follows:
    1 – Avondale United
    2 – Bohemians
    3 – Cherry Orchard
    4 – Cork City
    5 – Derry City
    6 – Drogheda United
    7 – Dundalk
    8 – Malahide United
    9 – Mervue United
    10 – St Patrick’s Athletic
    11 – Shamrock Rovers
    12 – Shelbourne
    13 – UCD
    14 – Waterford United
    15 – Wexford Youths

The first Club to be drawn from the drum will receive a bye.

Ties to be played weekend ending, Sunday, 26th August.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Just saw MNS there.

Didn't show the handbags between Massey and Knight after Shels 1st goal.

Waters getting a straight red was a woeful decision.

At the match I thought Quigley was fouled for the 3rd goal, this shows it was the case. However, a bit before that, he got given a free for even less than the one that the goal came of, so it evens itself out.

Prob one of the more memorable games of the season, pity bout the crap sized crowd.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

dreamers75 wrote: »
    From my point of view we are a much better team, almost every other team in the league are better. Derry the worst of the teams i expected to be decent.

It looks like Pats might be being found out. Last week giving away stupid chances going nowhere at the back, first goal against Drogheda remarkably similar.

Some miss by Byrne at 2-2 in Bray:eek:

dfx- wrote: »
    Some miss by Byrne at 2-2 in Bray:eek:

Shocking. I think everyone, maybe even himself, expected offside to be called at some stage. Was one of the rare forays into their box. Then again, they hit crossbar, we went up the other end and scored. Funny game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Mushy wrote: »
    Just saw MNS there.

At the match I thought Quigley was fouled for the 3rd goal, this shows it was the case. However, a bit before that, he got given a free for even less than the one that the goal came of, so it evens itself out.

Prob one of the more memorable games of the season, pity bout the crap sized crowd.

Should have been 2 yellows, 1 for the tackle and one for the idiotic reaction. But either way, red card was right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,592 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Corholio wrote: »
    Should have been 2 yellows, 1 for the tackle and one for the idiotic reaction. But either way, red card was right.
    Yeah that sounds about right. I thought the tackle could have been red by itself though.

CSF wrote: »
    Yeah that sounds about right. I thought the tackle could have been red by itself though.

Ya it could have been, looked nasty enough. Only said yellow cos referee already had yellow in his hand for it, before he pushed the player.

• Advertisement

It was two yellows, I wouldnt complain with him being sent off. Wasnt a straight red, Kavanagh lunged in late on Shane O connor a bit beforehand.

Waters tackle was a disgrace, he tried to do him IMO. The push was disgraceful as well. I actually think the tackle was worse, it was very dangerous and intentional. That was a straight red for me. The push was probably borderline between a yellow and red.

Him leaving the field of play was justified no matter how the ref decided to get him off.

Waters tackle was a disgrace, he tried to do him IMO. The push was disgraceful as well. I actually think the tackle was worse, it was very dangerous and intentional. That was a straight red for me. The push was probably borderline between a yellow and red.

Him leaving the field of play was justified no matter how the ref decided to get him off.

Actually thinking about it, the push was a straight red. No player would get away with that just a yellow to be honest. Im not saying it was so vicious that it had to be a red, but if you push a player like that it'll 90% be a red card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Mushy wrote: »
    Just saw MNS there.

Watched MNS when I got home from work, what ****ty highlights and analysis of the match! :rolleyes:

Watched MNS when I got home from work, what ****ty highlights and analysis of the match! :rolleyes:

Didnt even bother with the analysis, its always crap.

• Advertisement

What do people expect from analysis that you won't have thought yourself. I watch it for the entertainment but It's hardly ground breaking news. You get more detailed analysis on here than in any tv programme for any league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

What do people expect from analysis that you won't have thought yourself. I watch it for the entertainment but It's hardly ground breaking news. You get more detailed analysis on here than in any tv programme for any league.

I think analysis is so Man U and Liverpool fans know what to say to each other in the office on a Monday

Heres my analysis: Rovers are ****in brutal at the moment

Corholio wrote: »
    Actually thinking about it, the push was a straight red. No player would get away with that just a yellow to be honest. Im not saying it was so vicious that it had to be a red, but if you push a player like that it'll 90% be a red card.

TBH i think the push was a red myself. I was just trying to show a tad bit of leniancy to him. The tackle was far worse IMO. An unprotected and intentional attack like that on the achilles is far more dangerous than a push to the chest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

sonic85 wrote: »
    one other thing - number 11 last night (joey mulcahy i think) was outstanding. was a thorn in longfords side all night - especially the first half. i heard someone mention hes a new signing - where did he come from?

He came from Evergreen in Kilkenny. He scored 50 goals last season for them. He's an amazing player. He used to play in midfield but was moved up front last season, I think, and the results speak for themselves. He can do everything on a pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

That Conan Byrne goal was something else.

From the dummy to finish it was all class.

Pity he doesn't do more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

That Conan Byrne goal was something else.

From the dummy to finish it was all class.

Pity he doesn't do more.

Pity he generally does fecking nothing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Pity he generally does fecking nothing!

How is it possible that he plays so awfully at times - his performance against Pat's away was like watching a blindfolded cripple chained to shopping trolley full of breeze blocks trying to play - and then against Drogheda you get the move of the season - the little flick, move up the line for the return, pass it back, cut inside, dummy the ball like Iniesta, drop into the hole and bury the fycker from 25 yards.

I heard there were scouts from West Ham in the white seats.

Advertisement