Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alibaba / aliexpress

Options
  • 12-07-2012 9:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Has anyone used alibaba or aliexpress to buy a tt bike. i was looking at some what seem to be real bargains, but obviously want to check that its safe before parting with my monies...thought please ....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭BennyMul

I am also looking at these for next year, (also cyclingyong)

from my research, they are very close to the branded frame in many cases identical, the paint job is usually not as good. A friend bought the Pinarello Dogma and its perfect. very hard to tell the difference and he likes it also.
    there is a thread dedicated to this on slowtwitch, show me your chineese bike or something.

So far the only downside I have read is warranty, which appears to be non-existent. So I would limit my budget no point in paying too high a price from them when you could add a bit extra and get the same model with a warranty

• Registered Users Posts: 36 AbigailAC

mcathlete wrote: »
    Has anyone used alibaba or aliexpress to buy a tt bike. i was looking at some what seem to be real bargains, but obviously want to check that its safe before parting with my monies...thought please ....

I tried to buy a pair of boots. From what my experience, all I can say is that if things go wrong and the seller wants to raise the price after you purchased, or decides to send you something else YOU WILL FIND YOURSELF OUTRAGEOUSLY ON YOUR OWN.
    Customer service will only stall, opening a complaint is just as good as doing nothing and you are pretty much on your own. I have read happy stories as well as many stories of people still claiming refunds. I'm not risking it EVER again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement