Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TUF: THE SMASHES, don't spoil by discussing before show airs.

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

DrPhilG wrote: »
    He also named Freakshow as one of the most underrated hot prospects in the UK during the Q&A session before UFC in Nottingham.
    But that would of been after the show filmed, so he knows who made in the finale at that stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Didn't Colin Fletcher beat Myles Price as well ?

Great result for Norman Parke!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

Just caught up with the show now (finished episode 11 today).

Some good fights, but I can't help but think the show is playing to the stereotype that people who do MMA are scumbags, or at least used to be scumbags. Nearly all of the UK guys have said something along the lines of "I used to be a scumbag".

I really don't think the UFC would want to force something like that.
    I think it's was simply what the lads came out with, and were being genuine. I'd say its not uncommon. Nothing serious.

On the ozzie side, Richie Vaculik's past as a Bra Boy is no secret. There's a documentary about his journey to pro fighter that's supposed to be excellant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

Enjoying this TUF much more than the last few American ones. Hope they have a simulate one soon.

Finals all set now.
    Starting to regret not going to the finale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Mellor wrote: »
    Finals all set now.
    Starting to regret not going to the finale

Decent card. Seems like fewer 'TUF alums' on a Finale card then usual. What's the reaction like over there?

I just seen Ben Alloway and Manny from team Oz are fighting on it. Its well known here that they hate each other. I think I mentioned that here when they were cast.

I'm also not surprised that Mike and Brendan at fighting. Mike gave him a hard time about being a slob in the house.
    In surprised Richie Vas isn't fighting, he's a 135 fighter who did alright verses Freakshow until the submission. The inverted Americana was pretty good.

Tickets sales haven't been as rapid as other years. Partly because its the 4th event in less than 3 years, but also because its in the Gold Coast. A hour or two on a plane from sydney and Melbourne. Then accomodation would be expensive with the event on. And tickets start at $175 instead of $50.
    Basically all the reasons I didn't go this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

In the run up to this we will be showing all Norman's Cage Contender fights over at www.facebook.com/CageContenderOfficial today!!

Advertisement