Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turkish Delight in Galway City

Options
  • 12-07-2012 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

Does anybody know where I can get loose selections of Turkish Delight with hazelnuts and or pistachios in or around Galway?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Are you looking for a specific brand or type? I take it you aren't looking for the Cadbury's version. Have you tried some of the Asian shops like the one next to the post office West side?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Yardleys Lavender

Maybe try McCambridges or Mortons out in Salthill.....it's kind of a Christmas treat but perhaps they might still have some!! Maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Perhaps one of those sweets shops everyone is raving about :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

did you try mc'Cambridges - they do the lovely authentic turkish delight but not sure if there are pistachios in it or not.

I think the new shop Auntie Nellies' cater for the old fashioned sweets that KIDS bought in the 60's, 70,s and 80,s - and I don't think anyone one of us would be going around looking for pistachio favored authentic turkish delight with our 5 pence pocket money.

We needed long lasting sh*te that would do us for a week. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭i_steal_sheep

Cheers all. I'm gonna try some of the above suggestions. Apparently the other half has never had Turkish Delight so all that's gonna change this weekend! :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

They have it in Auntie Nellies but not with pistachio i dont think, they have two boxed types on the wall on the right hand side.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ladhrann

Does anybody know where I can get loose selections of Turkish Delight with hazelnuts and or pistachios in or around Galway?

Have you tried any of the halal shops, they often stock turkish delight and other oriental sweets.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

I've gotten some in the Indian/Asian shop near Aldi in Westside, but that was a while ago.

Advertisement