Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakdown cover

Options
  • 12-07-2012 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

Hi All, travelling to France and was enquiring about breakdown cover just in case. AA do cover a bit pricey at €132 just for one trip but wont rescue anything over 3.5T. Does anybody know of anybody else that can offer this without this stupid restriction (stupid because plenty of motorhomes over 3.5T) Mine is low mileage transit 2007 so going pretty good, but just incase ;) Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭corkbuoy

Search on this forum for adac, I posted info previously. The phone number is 00 49 941 523 44. This number will get you an english speaking operator and you can pay by card also ( difficult to pay by card if you use their normal number)
    Cost is 79.50 euro for 12 months cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭defike

I'm with Stewarts (brokers) and the policy includes breakdown all over europe.Check your policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭vinniem

defike wrote: »
    I'm with Stewarts (brokers) and the policy includes breakdown all over europe.Check your policy.

Checked Stuart's as with them, and yes there is breakdown cover for Europe but very basic...will get vehicle to nearest garage but that's it .

Anyhow got sorted with adac and got a super policy any car I or wife drives up to 3.5t and motorhome to 7.5t anywhere in Europe rescue and will transport home if needed, replacement cars flights etc etc and cover for a whole year. Also personnel cover. Thanks corkbuoy...great info beats the socks off what the aa has on offer. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

corkbuoy wrote: »
    Search on this forum for adac, I posted info previously. The phone number is 00 49 941 523 44. This number will get you an english speaking operator and you can pay by card also ( difficult to pay by card if you use their normal number)
    Cost is 79.50 euro for 12 months cover.

ADAC are the best. Even if you are in your friends vehicle and it breaks down they will bring you home.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

ADAC will only repatriate your vehicle if it can't be repaired locally, which seems unlikely and according to my danish friend there is a clause that if the value of the vehicle is less than the cost of repatriation they can refuse to repatriate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 bo.jangles

Know of someone that had their motorhome repatriate by ADAC. He was told his remaining membership will only cover for breakdown in Germany. He does not know about next year.

Advertisement