Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

C&C two Portraits

• 12-07-2012 11:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

I took these two photos, I really like them. Comments on focus, processing, composition, exposure etc. would be helpful.

Thanks Gerry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭SdoowSirhc

Tbh I'm not a portraiture guy myself but I really like these. I'm in no position to critique your work but I think the first photo might either have too much contrast post shot or maybe a slightly high aperture setting because I'm seeing it as a bit too bright. The second photo is pretty nice looking but really looks great in B&W. Good work :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Very large pictures :p

1) His face appears to be blown out and he is posing like a grown man which I don't think suits a kid..

2) Bit hard to tell because of the size of the picture but I think the subject is filling the frame to much, again hard to tell with the size of the picture!
    Oh and the eyes could be sharper.

3) Too much contrast and face blown out.
    What was ur set up taking these?

Why don't you join this site to host ur pictures and then transfer to here, it's very straight forward and easy.

www.pix.ie

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

1. Love the catch lights in his eyes and the composition but the highlights are completely blown which are a major distraction. However you've caught his eyes really well. The crop is probably a bit too tight - I'd like to see more of the arms. The background vertical lines of the door are out of place because the chair and the kid are all curves.

2. Tack sharp right eye but I think I'd prefer to see the nearer eye in focus. Crop and angle is excellent and the natural colour is lovely.

2. This doesn't work at all. Too much contrast and too harsh for a child. Blown highlights and black shadows are just too much.

Hope this helps.

Advertisement