Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muckno Mania Sprint Triathlon - 14/7/2012

Options
  • 12-07-2012 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

Anybody else doing the Muckno Triathlon this Saturday? This is the 4th year of the event which seems to get better each year.. I have done it for the past 3 years, improved each year, and hope to do the same this year.

The swim is 750m in Lough Muckno in Castleblayney, Co. Monaghan. Transition is in the car park of Muckno Castle. The cycle is around lough Muckno, and is about 17k I think. I dont think i ever clocked it on the Garmin. The run is then 2 laps of the Black Island. It is a wee bit less than 5k, and is on trails, and finishes with about a 300m uphill into the finish.

They are taking entries on Runireland.

(I am not involved in organising the event, but really enjoy doing it)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭digdeep

Would love to do it apart from not been able to swim! Searching for a swimmer to get me started as i can cycle and run!

Watched it last year and there was a great atmosphere at the event.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Did this last year and enjoyed it.

Swim was fine although the run up the hill from the water was tough.
    Nice cycle and run too.

Unfortunately I can't do it this year but I recommended it to a few people.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Domer

digdeep wrote: »
    Would love to do it apart from not been able to swim! Searching for a swimmer to get me started as i can cycle and run!

If you are stuck, I can carry your chip for the swim. I am not a great swimmer compared to some of the good ones, but if it means you get to do it, then I'd be happy to help. Alternatively come out on Saturday and talk to the organisers. I know last year they set people up with swimmers on the morning of the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭digdeep

Domer wrote: »
    If you are stuck, I can carry your chip for the swim. I am not a great swimmer compared to some of the good ones, but if it means you get to do it, then I'd be happy to help. Alternatively come out on Saturday and talk to the organisers. I know last year they set people up with swimmers on the morning of the race.

Cheers dormer, i might drop into the registration Friday evening to see what they say. If i'm stuck after that i'll let you know cheers. I'm no speed merchant but love to take part.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭clubwelly

I'll be there tomorrow hoping to beat last years time.
    I've only gotten the one email from the organisers saying it starts at 10. I presume I should be able to register on the morning of the race as thats what I did last year.

That hill run straight as you come out of the lake was not fun but overall it's great surroundings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Domer

Just pulled this from the Muckno Tri Facebook page:

Muckno Mania Sprint Distance reminder !

There is still time to sign up for the race this Saturday @ 10am.
    Sign Up, Registration and number collection will happen on Friday 13th between 7pm - 9pm in Castleblayney community Enterprise Centre (building on left hand side coming in from Dublin Road directly opposite TOPAZ FILLING STATION) or on Saturday 24th morning from 7am - 9am in marquee at end of avenue into Lough Muckno.

Best of luck to all who take part !

Advertisement