Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moving to NZ

• 12-07-2012 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi.

I am planning to move to NZ by the end of the year. Is there anyone else planning to go out anytime soon.

Any help or advice from others who have made the move who be helpful.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 peader pluisha

hi guys i got a job through a company called cover staff, what 'im wanting to know is have any of ye heard or have any dealings with them ,they want to tie myself and 2 other lads in to a bond if we breach our contract there saying its to cover there time in recruiting and possibly training us but i'm paying for my own visa, flights, fair enough they will pick us up at the airport and bring us to a B&B they have set up for us but i'm still gonna b paying 300 bucks a week for rent it seems a bit harsh to me or are they just covering there arses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭spunkymunky

hi guys i got a job through a company called cover staff, what 'im wanting to know is have any of ye heard or have any dealings with them ,they want to tie myself and 2 other lads in to a bond if we breach our contract there saying its to cover there time in recruiting and possibly training us but i'm paying for my own visa, flights, fair enough they will pick us up at the airport and bring us to a B&B they have set up for us but i'm still gonna b paying 300 bucks a week for rent it seems a bit harsh to me or are they just covering there arses

300 a week? Is that each for the 2 of you or between you all? How much is the bond and how long do you have to fulfill to secure it back?

I agree with the above. Look ahead to where you are going and sort it yourself. Hostel cheaper and probably more fun than a B&B.

Some of these agencies can be a right shower of....eh people. Had a mate who worked for Allied in Qtown and he said they tried to shaft him at every opportunity!
    Not to say this will happen, just keep your head screwed on!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 peader pluisha

300 a week? Is that each for the 2 of you or between you all? How much is the bond and how long do you have to fulfill to secure it back?

I agree with the above. Look ahead to where you are going and sort it yourself. Hostel cheaper and probably more fun than a B&B.

Some of these agencies can be a right shower of....eh people. Had a mate who worked for Allied in Qtown and he said they tried to shaft him at every opportunity!
    Not to say this will happen, just keep your head screwed on!

im going with my partner but i know there are two other lads aswell i was talking to the recruiter in kilkenny today and i told him it kinda feels like they are trying to ride me and not having set hours is a big thing aswell he was looking for feedback from me so i told him like it was i love new zealand fantastic place but if an agency is trying to shaft me **** that i want guarantes in writing that im not gonna b messed around oh yea the bond is 3,600. i did the backpacker thing in a hostel there had mighy craic but we would b looking for our own place and comforts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

bond of $3600 :eek:

Run away now

Come over like a normal person.

Normal bond is two weeks rent ($160-$250 for one person) plus two weeks rent in advance. That is standard Auckland price for one person renting.

Get a hostel for the first week. Find your feet and research the best and most affordable areas to live in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭spunkymunky

Rabies wrote: »
    bond of $3600 :eek:

Run away now

Come over like a normal person.

Normal bond is two weeks rent ($160-$250 for one person) plus two weeks rent in advance. That is standard Auckland price for one person renting.

Get a hostel for the first week. Find your feet and research the best and most affordable areas to live in.

I agree, 3600???? Cowboys Ted. Are they aving a laugh?.....etc

There are plenty of these companies here. This is a ridiculous request. You should keep your 3600, fly over and find a job yourself. If you're any way qualified you'll easily find a job in ChCh. The place needs a lot of work and the people to do it!!
    When you get here, you could probably walk into the office and just ask for a job there.

You said you have stayed in hostels before? Have you used your working holiday visa in NZ yet?

• Advertisement
Advertisement