Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet insurance for my Cat

• 12-07-2012 12:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭

IT is that time of year again when the pet insurance is up for renewal.

Allianz have quoted me €143 to renew my policy. I did some browsing online and Tesco are charging €55.

The benefits seem to be very similar, but I am wondering if there is a catch. Fingers crossed that I will never have to use it, but I don't want to be cheap about her insurance, just in case.

Does anyone have any opinions on this? Any experience? Really unsure about what to do.

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I've got insurance for both my cats with Allianz and they aren't cheap. I did think about swithching to Tesco or another insurer but they're comprehensive and I only have to pay the 100 excess and my vet claims directly from them.

It costs over 200 per year to cover both my cats but I just pay it by direct debit and it makes it easier. I just feel uneasy about swithcing, still I'm happy with them so I won't change insurers, although I'm sure my premium will go up again next time its due for renewal.

Advertisement