Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Patching

• 12-07-2012 1:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭

Hey lads i have a quick question , this would apply more to the cruiser bikers and club members, can anyone tell me the protocol for patching a vest. I come from a racebike background and have recently changed to a marauder , my missus (big fan of SOA) bought me a leather vest as a happy ridin gift.

Now the question if i wanted to put a patch on the back firstly is there anywer i can check out Mc patches so i dont make the mistake of using a clubs patch and offending anyone also whats the protocol for sticking a lone wolf top rocker on the vest to showimnot affiliated with any clubs.

Any info yez can give me on this wud be greatly appreciated and could save me quite a hidin lol

Cheers lads
    Safe Ridin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭mongdesade

I would advise you NOT to add rockers of any kind, especially on the back, of your vest...

These are troubled times re., back-patch clubs in Ireland, a subject I have no wish to discuss on an open forum...

Just my 2 cents, your choice though !

Keep the shiny side up...

PS I am a club member

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

I would'nt advise putting anything on your back, some people in mc's will take offence and you will be made remove it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

juice1304 wrote: »
    I would'nt advise putting anything on your back, some people in mc's will take offence and you will be made remove it.

Have to agree with both lads there. Don't put anything on your back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

mongdesade wrote: »
    I would advise you NOT to add rockers of any kind, especially on the back, of your vest...

These are troubled times re., back-patch clubs in Ireland, a subject I have no wish to discuss on an open forum...

Just my 2 cents, your choice though !

Keep the shiny side up...

PS I am a club member

+1 to all of this.

• Site Banned Posts: 957 ✭✭✭leeomurchu

Are these replies serious??? :eek:

He's not in a club so where's the harm in putting a lone wolf on his back. :confused:

Are there big scary bikers like hells angels or such over here...

If I were you'd I'd be putting whatever I wanted on my vest although I'd not be caught in one to be honest :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

leeomurchu wrote: »

He's not in a club so where's the harm in putting a lone wolf on his back. :confused:

If I were you'd I'd be putting whatever I wanted on my vest although I'd not be caught in one to be honest :P

Answered your own question there.

leeomurchu wrote: »

Serious as a heart attack...if you're not involved in the club scene, don't be giving advice on something you know fúck all about...

Easy to be full of bravado behind a keyboard, but your advice could get the OP seriously hurt...no shít !

M/C's do not take kindly to this & will fúck you & your bike up if you are unfortunate to be singled out over a back-patch & yes, there are a number of 1% clubs in Ireland, ergo...there is harm in it !

Haha that's gas, thanks for the heads up there mong but you know where that can go.

I wasn't giving advice I think that's a load of bollox to be honest I'm not being a keyboard warrior as you put it I'd have no bother saying it too yourself or whoever.

I'm just asking a question as I'd no idea there was a big gang biker scene in Ireland which I've never seen nor heard of and I've been knockin about for a bit now.

I mean I assume ye are all grown men so what is it that you're so protective of your patch or your club colours or what?

@Pixie Is he not in the right then putting a loan wolf on his back as he's not a member of a club and I presume doesn't want to be.

I'm not lookin to start a bit gang rivalry here or whatever you call it I'm genuinely interested.

Does Ireland have a secret Mongrel Mob or Hells Angels cell and if the later is it a case of controlling drugs etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭war_child

appreciate all your comments which in around about way confirmed my suspicions.

appreciate especially the members input as its coming fromthe horses mouth so to speak , imgoing toclose the thread as i asked the question to get feedback and not to start arguements.

Cheers lads

Safe Bikin

Ah man don't close it, are you not curious to find out why?

• Advertisement

Not hugely leeomurchu,

i just wanted to find out what the situation is wont stop me from wearin me supporters gear.

But imight just get a general patch and kick the top rocker idea , i might go and get something like a big goldfish or giraffe or sumtin ,

guranteed that wont offend any of the local clubs but by allmeans if you lads want to keep it open ill retract the message i sent to the mod and see where this thread goes ....

Haha you're a gas man, Big ass gold fish or maybe a cow although you might have the Irish farmers assoc. on your back :D

Ah I reckon if it's as bad as the other lads make out they'll have little to say on the matter other than veiled threats. Usually gangs don't advertise what they're at.

It sure got me thinkin though I must have a friendly chat with the next lad I see in a leather vest although knowing my luck he'll be less of a biker and more of the other vest wearing fraternity :D

Best of luck with your patches and hope the marauder serves you well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

More info on back patches and irish MC clubs in THIS OLD THREAD.

OP I know your partner is a fan of SOA, and tbh I wouldn't even go so far as wearing any SOA tops sporting SOA patches on the back (anyway they look a bit thick IMO).

99% of the time you'd get away with it not evening being mentioned until you visit a bar frequented by an MC club or if you innocently attended one of their rallys wearing one.

I'd go with what 'mongdesade' posted, he sounds like he's got his sh*t together.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Kyle Maynard

Are there many biker bars where a lad is likely to chance across back patch members in Ireland, and more so Dublin?.

Are there many biker bars where a lad is likely to chance across back patch members in Ireland, and more so Dublin?.

Ooh , I'm not touching that one :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Kyle Maynard

KTRIC wrote: »
    Ooh , I'm not touching that one :rolleyes:

Sorry, just thought I'd ask.

I work with a guy whose also a biker and he more or less says the same thing.

To be fair, I'm not a biker but I loved the Sons of Anarchy :o

I'm probably sounding a little silly now lol.

Firstly i wasnt saying i was gonna put a sons of anarchy patch on the vest , that would be just silly.

My original question was in relation to putting a patch on a vest that didnt correspond to any Mc currently running in Ireland.

This topic is a powder keg , i honestly didnt think it would blow up like this if anyone has individual opinions on this please feel free to let me know instead of just agreeing or reiterating what someone else says.

Id also like to get a pm from a club member explaining the situation in regards to this i obviously wouldnt ask to explain in the main forum.

Cheers lads
    Happy Bikin

Just to clarify things...I am not now, nor have I ever been a member of a 1% club...

I am a long-standing member & officer in a motorcycle club, not a gang, that has been in existence in Ireland since the late 80's & have on occasions through the years had interaction with these clubs...

I have nothing more to add to this thread !

Keep the shiney side up y'all

cheers mong thanks for your input much appreciated ..dont know what ur shiny side up comment means but more power to ya lad have a good one

war_child wrote: »
    cheers mong thanks for your input much appreciated ..dont know what ur shiny side up comment means but more power to ya lad have a good one

"Keep the shiny side up and the sticky side down" - in other words keep your bike upright ;)

• Advertisement

Keep your rubber on the ground & your shiney side up...

Translation: May you never drop your bike bro :D

Safe biking, wear well 'The Marauder' ;)

KTRIC wrote: »
    "Keep the shiny side up and the sticky side down" - in other words keep your bike upright ;)

I'm an auld lad now KTRIC, we didn't have stickies in my day, just knobblies & ton-up 'Trumpets' :D;)

mongdesade wrote: »
    I'm an auld lad now KTRIC, we didn't have stickies in my day, just knobblies & ton-up 'Trumpets' :D;)

KTRIC is nearing old age :p

KTRIC is nearing old age :p

Ssssuuush you :P

You're only as young as the woman you're feeling...... So I'm 25 sometime soon :pac:

just wana say lads regardless of the club conundrum and patches and brothers , ive always thought bikers are the soundest lads you can meet ive never had any problem with any rider be it goin to another city for a weekend or just my sunday morning/afternoon Burn .....

That silent respect the smallest of nods as you pass each other on a quiet rode on a crisp morning indicating "ye lad i know how ur feelin" just screams brotherhood to me.

This is the reason i have never owned 4 wheels and will always plug for 2 wheels. Its something people dont understand unless they own a bike.

So whatever you do and watever you represent do it well.

Have a great week/weekend lads hopefully cyez on the rode.

war_child wrote: »
    just wana say lads regardless of the club conundrum and patches and brothers , ive always thought bikers are the soundest lads you can meet ive never had any problem with any rider be it goin to another city for a weekend or just my sunday morning/afternoon Burn .....

That silent respect the smallest of nods as you pass each other on a quiet rode on a crisp morning indicating "ye lad i know how ur feelin" just screams brotherhood to me.

This is the reason i have never owned 4 wheels and will always plug for 2 wheels. Its something people dont understand unless they own a bike.

So whatever you do and watever you represent do it well.

Have a great week/weekend lads hopefully cyez on the rode.

Cheers, nice post.

Don't get too hung up on the whole back patch/MC/1%'er thing.. Its pretty much a closed shop, you can't apply to join one, you'll know if you're in a bar frequented by a backpatch club and tbh they're just like every other biker out there.

I'd say the whole SOA thing got people interested in the whole outlaw biker scenario than anything before.. It was a great show, but Jax wearing spotless new, white trainers in every show used to piss me the f*ck right off :)

Can't wait for series five :D

Ye never understood that whole white runners thing theyd be wrecked before breakfast lol big dirty black gear stain right cross the toes.

I didnt fallin to the whole outlaw biker trap wen i saw it coz history has shown us that reality is rarely as exciting as fiction.

Just love me 2 wheels and always have like the whole gettin together with the lads and just chewin up some road for a few hours gives the missus time to watch her soaps lol

Oh ye season 5 should be a stomper supposedly startin in November

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭dre_jspeed

Bit of a noob question but what with the whole 1% thing?

dre_jspeed wrote: »
    Bit of a noob question but what with the whole 1% thing?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outlaw_motorcycle_club

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

This thread reminds me of this badass that I saw a few weeks ago :D

IMG_20120612_185223.jpg

Advertisement