Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Patching

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭war_child

ha ha ha ha thats just brightened my day up no end ...Grrr check me out im part of the redwood original lol funny stuff ...cheers for that pic put a big old smile on my face.

To be honest if your lookin to be well and truly chortled at by your local MC charter get a sons of anarchy patch nothing more guaranteed to make them fall round in a big jelly heap than seein this goin down the street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I'm facebooking that photo right now!.

Brilliant :D

And LOOK, the guy is even wearing white 'Jax' trainers!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭war_child

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr@ clean white "JAX" trainers....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭mongdesade

I'm speechless from laughing...

He's gonna learn (love the L plate), a life-changing lesson, eventually, the hard way, the poor lad :D

mongdesade wrote: »
    I'm speechless from laughing...

He's gonna learn (love the L plate), a life-changing lesson, eventually, the hard way, the poor lad :D

Oh he will!.

I hear some shops in the UK stopped stocking SOA gear because lads were running into trouble wearing them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

You'll all get a laugh out of this one then

article-2173778-14112BFE000005DC-928_634x780.jpg

Charlie Hunnam arriving at Comic Con with what looks like a sock in place to keep his trainers pristine looking lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

KamiKazi wrote: »
    This thread reminds me of this badass that I saw a few weeks ago :D

IMG_20120612_185223.jpg

Isn't it great to be so............wise.

Obviously, with trainers, L-Plates, SOA patch/jacket (brand new-looks like), and straight through pipes on a 125 (and it is a 125, I checked .....), he's a young guy/noob.

Care to remember what brought you to biking, and what you looked like when you started out, to the rest of us (older bikers), at the time ?

I distinctly remember my black'n'zippered jacket, etc when I was 18, and thought it the dog's at the time -which I wouldn't be seen dead in, now. And my 200cc Suzuki with the baffles removed as well.

Everybody has to start somewhere.

I'd get more kicks from Road Hogs http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0486946/ than SOA, tbh, these days. But do watch everything.

Ironically - if it wasn't for the Road Hogs type, there'd be nothing for patch guys to ride - Harley would have sunk years ago.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 297 ✭✭SaoriseBiker

You'll all get a laugh out of this one then

article-2173778-14112BFE000005DC-928_634x780.jpg

Charlie Hunnam arriving at Comic Con with what looks like a sock in place to keep his trainers pristine looking lol
    White trainers :eek: Jesus, that's what Mods used to wear back in the early 80's FOR F***'s SAKE :eek: :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mod_revival#1980s

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 297 ✭✭SaoriseBiker

leeomurchu wrote: »
    Are these replies serious??? :eek:

He's not in a club so where's the harm in putting a lone wolf on his back. :confused:

Are there big scary bikers like hells angels or such over here...

If I were you'd I'd be putting whatever I wanted on my vest although I'd not be caught in one to be honest :P
    Since you asked ( I'm not in the HA or any club of any sort BTW)

http://www.hellsangelsireland.com/

http://www.outlawsmc-ireland.com/

http://www.alliancemcireland.com/main.htm

I was talking to a fella at the weekend who made made cover up a tat coz it looked like the HA logo!!
    I couldn't believe it,Hes only a young fella and not a biker.
    I didnt ask to many questions but I think they made his life hell for a while.In Ireland this is!

• Advertisement

And i mean he had to get it tattooed over!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Presumably it was something that resembled the death head, in which case it has been patented since the 40s.

It is treated the same as lads using made up patches for their leather vests that resemble any MC logo.

Presumably it was something that resembled the death head, in which case it has been patented since the 40s.

It is treated the same as lads using made up patches for their leather vests that resemble any MC logo.

yeah must of been.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Stainless_Steel

Didnt realise this sort of thing went on in Ireland.....it's all very "American".

Sure I'd say you be grand wearing a patch if you're on a sports bike....them lads would never catch you on their choppers....just don't stop anywhere lol

White trainers :eek: Jesus, that's what Mods used to wear back in the early 80's FOR F***'s SAKE :eek: :D

Look whats covering the left training ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 hwap

theres a bungalow down in mulhuddart that has the hells angels logo and death head painted on the front of the house about 2m x 2m in size

• Registered Users Posts: 21 wicklowbiker

hwap wrote: »
    theres a bungalow down in mulhuddart that has the hells angels logo and death head painted on the front of the house about 2m x 2m in size
    Next time your going by, take a snap and post it matey ;):)

Next time your going by, take a snap and post it matey ;):)

I know of the gentleman who owns that house & would strongly advise against posting a snap of his private residence...

Both he & his family are entitled to their privacy & his family home shouldn't be posted on an open forum in my opinion & most definately would cause insult to said party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

I know of the gentleman who owns that house & would strongly advise against posting a snap of his private residence...

Both he & his family are entitled to their privacy & his family home shouldn't be posted on an open forum in my opinion & most definately would cause insult to said party.

Absolutely. Not the best idea I've heard TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

.....you have to acknowledge of the irony of the ad that appears at the bottom of this thread,and the subject matter............the wonders of technology and the Search Engine......:D

216290.png

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement

Nope!
    thats what ad block plus is for!
    never be without it!

• Site Banned Posts: 957 ✭✭✭leeomurchu

Wear and purchase of Club Support items ?

Many people think that you have to own a Harley to wear or display Club Support merchandise, but it's not true. Your purchases show that you support The Club's philosophy of being free, and it also helps the Charter put on runs and events that riders of all makes of motorcycles and even those who don't own a bike at all enjoy

Seems as though Hells Angels don't have a problem with folks wearing their gear. :confused:

Wear and purchase of Club Support items ?

Many people think that you have to own a Harley to wear or display Club Support merchandise, but it's not true. Your purchases show that you support The Club's philosophy of being free, and it also helps the Charter put on runs and events that riders of all makes of motorcycles and even those who don't own a bike at all enjoy

Seems as though Hells Angels don't have a problem with folks wearing their gear. :confused:

None of the 1% clubs have a problem with people wearing their support gear.

However...turn up at an 81 event, for example, wearing a 'Support your local Outlaws' t-shirt & see what happens :eek:

None of the 1% clubs have a problem with people wearing their support gear.

However...turn up at an 81 event, for example, wearing a 'Support your local Outlaws' t-shirt & see what happens :eek:

Another thing I don't get why call it an 81 event? I get the whole 8 = H and 1 = A but is their brand not Hells Angles why change the name?

The numeric patches evolved from the original motorcycle club members who adopted military-style designations as most of them were war veterans, much like the club officer titles eg 'Seargent At Arms' etc.

Ah right so would the Hells Angels MC have been partially made up if not significantly by returning marines who spent so long fighting lawlessly that they started living that way when they got home or would I be way off. I must read up on it more sounds interesting. The Hells Angels world website seems a lot more inviting then the Irish one especially the Gallery section.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 DaveShore66

What a load of old bollox is talked about the Hells Angels and other patch clubs by people that no f-all all about it. First of all, the Irish Hells angels are no outlaws, they are not hard men either. They are a rabble of misfits who feel a desperate need to be part of something in my experience. Like 99% of these "patch" motorcycle clubs.

Like all companies or clubs they have committees, insurance, rules they must abide by etc if they are to be allowed exist in Ireland. They have to go to the MCUI or local council to get permits to run their events like any other club and if there was the first SNIFF of criminality about them they would never be allowed run another event again.

You will find the "leaders" in these clubs have cleaner records then most housewives. I have NEVER met a patch club member that I found intimidating and I doubt I ever will. Men dressing up in costume....ffs. They are like teenage girls. Dress up and make as much noise as possible.

If your curious about what these guys are really like, go to a rally or show, walk up to one and talk to them face to face. You'll find that by and large they are articulate, intelligent, and for the most part normal people like you or me. They just happen to like to dress up and draw attention to themselves by riding around on bikes with no silencers!!

Each to their own I suppose.

What a load of old bollox is talked about the Hells Angels and other patch clubs by people that no f-all all about it. First of all, the Irish Hells angels are no outlaws, they are not hard men either. They are a rabble of misfits who feel a desperate need to be part of something in my experience. Like 99% of these "patch" motorcycle clubs.

I know F all about the Hells Angels as you put it so what part of what I asked or said was old bollox :confused: unfortunately I'm obviously not as enlightened as you are on the subject although you don't point out how you've such expertise on the subject.
    Like all companies or clubs they have committees, insurance, rules they must abide by etc if they are to be allowed exist in Ireland. They have to go to the MCUI or local council to get permits to run their events like any other club and if there was the first SNIFF of criminality about them they would never be allowed run another event again.

How come the Hells Angels managed to run so lawlessly in America if this is the case and how come the Mongrel mob continue to do so in New Zealand these days?
    You will find the "leaders" in these clubs have cleaner records then most housewives. I have NEVER met a patch club member that I found intimidating and I doubt I ever will. Men dressing up in costume....ffs. They are like teenage girls. Dress up and make as much noise as possible.

Personally after reading some of the comments on here I agree with you to a point. I was starting to think that maybe some on here had watched to many episodes of sons of anarchy that's why I asked the question Does this really go on in Ireland are there really big scary biker gangs? I always thought most motorcycle clubs were about gettin out and enjoying the roads stopping off at a tea house along the way swapping tales of what's been recently chromed and getting involved in charity rides.
    If your curious about what these guys are really like, go to a rally or show, walk up to one and talk to them face to face. You'll find that by and large they are articulate, intelligent, and for the most part normal people like you or me. They just happen to like to dress up and draw attention to themselves by riding around on bikes with no silencers!!

I've been to a number of rallies and I have too say every biker I've met have been friendly and open to a chat even the rougher looking ones. I usually bring my daughter and on numerous occasions I've asked if she could pose on the bike and every time it's been no problem (with a side note of "just be careful of the hot bits" :) ) and a history of the bike ensues.
    Each to their own I suppose.[/QUOTE]

Anyway as with yourself each to there own but I'm still interested to find out about this underworld of biking in Ireland if it exists? If it's all an image that one must protect there territory and there club but then at the end of the day have to ask for a permission slip from the wife to go out on the bike, then don their corporate suits on a Monday morning so as to take part in the mundane role of paying the bills

Is "Live to ride,ride to live" reserved for hollywood movies??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

You'll generally find most people are nice and sweet on their own, but when they are in a group they change. And for some reason, mainly the amount of sh!te they have to go through, they don't like people dressing the same as them. All it takes is 1 patch member to take offence.

How come the Hells Angels managed to run so lawlessly in America if this is the case and how come the Mongrel mob continue to do so in New Zealand these days?

We had people with bigger guns who took care of most of what the biker gangs do in other countries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 DaveShore66

My work allows me access to a lot of the clubs in Ireland.

Different country and different rules. Imagine it like a football club. In Ireland you go to a Rovers -v- Pats game, you have the Rovers "Ultras" they light flares, sing songs and the worst you might get is a ten man scuffle in the car park of Tescos in Tallaght when a security guard throws a few of them out. Now go a Boca -v- Corinthians game or a red star belgrade v Partizan game and you will be lucky to get out alive.

There is no more of an under world in bikers in Ireland then there is in any other club or association. I'd be more worried about the underworld dealing of our politicians or the church then I ever would about a group of guys playing dress up.

There is no territory that any club would consider their own in Ireland. They might get annoyed if they were holding a rally and some lads were disrespectful towards them or acted in a way that endangered their good name, property or fellow club members, but you will find the members of your local GAA club would act the same way if trouble or disrespect was shown at an open day.

Of all the Patch guys I know, 1 in 300 is a genuine head banger, not dangerous or criminal, just an idiot that needs watching by the other members.

Advertisement