Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Patching

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Pedro K

My work allows me access to a lot of the clubs in Ireland.

Different country and different rules. Imagine it like a football club. In Ireland you go to a Rovers -v- Pats game, you have the Rovers "Ultras" they light flares, sing songs and the worst you might get is a ten man scuffle in the car park of Tescos in Tallaght when a security guard throws a few of them out. Now go a Boca -v- Corinthians game or a red star belgrade v Partizan game and you will be lucky to get out alive.

There is no more of an under world in bikers in Ireland then there is in any other club or association. I'd be more worried about the underworld dealing of our politicians or the church then I ever would about a group of guys playing dress up.

There is no territory that any club would consider their own in Ireland. They might get annoyed if they were holding a rally and some lads were disrespectful towards them or acted in a way that endangered their good name, property or fellow club members, but you will find the members of your local GAA club would act the same way if trouble or disrespect was shown at an open day.

Of all the Patch guys I know, 1 in 300 is a genuine head banger, not dangerous or criminal, just an idiot that needs watching by the other members.
    Sorry. Off topic I know, but your reference to the Rovers ultras is incorrect. I am a Rovers season ticket holder and have been to just about every LOI ground in the country.

Ultras and hooligans are two completely separate things.

Ultras, as you correctly point out, light flares and sing songs. Their main goal is to bring colour, noise and atmosphere to games through chanting and displays.

Casuals, on the other hand, don't bring or wear colours, to avoid being stopped by police. They are the ones that will be involved in the likes of the scuffle you mentioned.

NOT the Ultras.

Ultras =/= Hooligans

• Registered Users Posts: 16 DaveShore66

Thanks for your reply, I think you should re-read my post again.

In Ireland you go to a Rovers -v- Pats game, you have the Rovers "Ultras" they light flares, sing songs and the worst you might get is a ten man scuffle in the car park of Tescos in Tallaght when a security guard throws a few of them out.[/QUOTE]

I am making the point that "Ultras" here are not like the "Ultras" you might find in Italy or Argentina.

Therefore, using this point to try to prove my point that the Hells Angels here are not like the Hells Angels in the USA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Pedro K

Thanks for your reply, I think you should re-read my post again.

In Ireland you go to a Rovers -v- Pats game, you have the Rovers "Ultras" they light flares, sing songs and the worst you might get is a ten man scuffle in the car park of Tescos in Tallaght when a security guard throws a few of them out.

I am making the point that "Ultras" here are not like the "Ultras" you might find in Italy or Argentina.

Therefore, using this point to try to prove my point that the Hells Angels here are not like the Hells Angels in the USA.

I've read and re-read you rpost. No matter what way you put it, you still inferred (in the section which I've put in bold) that the Ultras here become involved in scuffles when ejected by stewards, which is incorrect. Casuals get involved in that stuff. Ultras don't.

I understand the point you're making, but your example is wrong and misinformed.

• Site Banned Posts: 957 ✭✭✭leeomurchu

I read it that way aswell it was probably just badly worded though. I assume you left out a reference to hooligans when you mentioned a scuffle in a tesco car park.

I do get your point about the Ultras abroad they seem to have their mind set on violence.

Did Ultras begin with just flare lighting and singing poor songs in the stand or have we just go a friendlier version of the ultras abroad?

Pedro K wrote: »
    I've read and re-read you rpost. No matter what way you put it, you still inferred (in the section which I've put in bold) that the Ultras here become involved in scuffles when ejected by stewards, which is incorrect. Casuals get involved in that stuff. Ultras don't.

I understand the point you're making, but your example is wrong and misinformed.

You need to read it again then, maybe again after that.

I never mention anyone being ejected by stewards, I say the worst you might get is a few lads getting ejected from TESCOS!!!

The reason I gave this example is that in the last 10 odd games I have been to in Tallaght the worst I have actually seen was a scuffle in the car park between a few drunk Rovers fans and security from Tescos. They were wearing their Rovers jerseys by the way, so although they might not be ultras they were 100% Rovers fans and not "Casuals"!! :D

Clear enough for you?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17 V!PER

All the hardcore peeps on here "PRETENDING" they in the know to try and be the big men....dont do this and dont do that...hoping that others will think they on the inner circle of a patch or some ****. Half of them are reading waffle on the tinternet and passing it on. Not everything on the net is real you know......

So are you the real deal then? I'm interested to see if anyone is big enough to have the courage of their convictions and stand up as one of these 1% tough nuts I've been told about.

I've had a lot of folks say I wouldn't do that or you'll be in bother but I've yet to hear from someone who's gonna cause that bother...

It's starting to sound like 80's Ireland now with all the rumours and sub text.

Perhaps it is a case of grown men playing fancy dress (which I've no problem with) and watching maybe one to many episodes of Sons Of Anarchy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

Different country and different rules. Imagine it like a football club. In Ireland you go to a Rovers -v- Pats game, you have the Rovers "Ultras" they light flares, sing songs and the worst you might get is a ten man scuffle in the car park of Tescos in Tallaght when a security guard throws a few of them out. Now go a Boca -v- Corinthians game or a red star belgrade v Partizan game and you will be lucky to get out alive.

There is no more of an under world in bikers in Ireland then there is in any other club or association. I'd be more worried about the underworld dealing of our politicians or the church then I ever would about a group of guys playing dress up.

There is no territory that any club would consider their own in Ireland. They might get annoyed if they were holding a rally and some lads were disrespectful towards them or acted in a way that endangered their good name, property or fellow club members, but you will find the members of your local GAA club would act the same way if trouble or disrespect was shown at an open day.

Of all the Patch guys I know, 1 in 300 is a genuine head banger, not dangerous or criminal, just an idiot that needs watching by the other members.

your talking out your hole

grown men dressing up ?? no underground bikers scene ??
    you have just reveled you know no one, or anything of importance

i have been in the biking scene since the late 80's , i know as personal friends members of many 1% alliance clubs , from all sides of the country and trust me they may be intelligent and friendly people,
    but mark my word's they are not wanna be bikers - these guys ( most of anyway) are hard core committed members and would march from one end of the country to the other in defense of a fellow member

DO NOT underestimate their ability to inflict harm and damage to individuals and groups ,
    sure they may seem all nice and cuddly - till you or your group cross them , then the **** happens
    i have seen first hand how this can end lives violently - so any one that says otherwise is a gobsh1te who knows f2uk all

to the OP - steer clear of ANY patch ( especially with top and bottom rockers ) , it will be removed at the side of the road
    i have seen a MC club set up a road block on a main road that was leading to a MCC gig , they were removing by force patches they had a issue with,
    you do not know where you are threading

you want to wear a MC patch? - then prospect with a club , put your time in and see what happens - choose your club wisely
    and lest face it they choose you - not the other way around

a bit of light reading for those who doubt how seriously 1% clubs are

http://www.sundayworld.com/columnists/sw-irish-crime.php?aid=5451

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/1996/1113/96111300022.html

still think they are harmless and like dressing up ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

dj jarvis wrote: »

DO NOT underestimate their ability to inflict harm and damage to individuals and groups ,
    sure they may seem all nice and cuddly - till you or your group cross them , then the **** happens
    i have seen first hand how this can end lives violently - so any one that says otherwise is a gobsh1te who knows f2uk all

Agreed!! I deliberately stayed clear of this thread for this reason. People are too quick to brush stuff like this off and think of it as a lot more light-hearted than it is.

I'm not directly involved, but a very good friend of mine is and I know for a fact about the reality of it. These guys are NOT power-rangers or weekend warriors. They ARE the real deal and genuinely not the kind of people with whom to f**k!!

interesting reading,

Thanks for the links to the articles, oddly enough I've lived in all the places in the south east mentioned in the articles and yet have never experienced or witnessed any biker gangs, perhaps it is underground as ye say.

Poor journalism by the Irish Times the article seemed half finished no detail or background/circumstances mentioned.

I'd be curious to see how that road block they set up worked. I for one wouldn't be stopping for someone if instructed to do so but maybe it was a case of stopping for a chat and then they took issue with your patches.

Dj Jarvis thanks for your post seems that this topic is a bit taboo, interesting though.

• Advertisement

Hey DaveShore66 would you care to divulge what your line of work is that you manage to have such inside knowledge.

leeomurchu wrote: »
    Hey DaveShore66 would you care to divulge what your line of work is that you manage to have such inside knowledge.

i'll put a tenner on petrol pump attendant

but does not really matter what his connection is , he deals with them professionally so they are hardly going to show their nasty side now are they

im sorry but if that is his view of the 1% clubs in Ireland then he has never really had any dealings with them other than his professional life

interesting reading,

Thanks for the links to the articles, oddly enough I've lived in all the places in the south east mentioned in the articles and yet have never experienced or witnessed any biker gangs, perhaps it is underground as ye say.

Poor journalism by the Irish Times the article seemed half finished no detail or background/circumstances mentioned.

I'd be curious to see how that road block they set up worked. I for one wouldn't be stopping for someone if instructed to do so but maybe it was a case of stopping for a chat and then they took issue with your patches.

Dj Jarvis thanks for your post seems that this topic is a bit taboo, interesting though.

the irish times article is finished but you have to log in to see the full item , do some googleing you will find it

as for the second question - you for one WOULD be stopping - they would have pulled you off your bike - kick lumps out of you and then CUT your patch off - simple as that - they had 20 odd member's at this road block
    they were not ones for chatting - patch or beating your choice

as for my patch - they would not have touched it - they are not suicidal

I don't wear any patches and i'm not into that type of biking scene I guess I'm just curious.

Out of curiosity what patch is it that you wear that they'd be fearful of tackling you on it?

interesting reading,

I don't wear any patches and i'm not into that type of biking scene I guess I'm just curious.

Out of curiosity what patch is it that you wear that they'd be fearful of tackling you on it?

one that has/had gravitas with it's peer's - more common sense than fear ,
    if my patch was TOUCHED or disrespected then you have just pissed off 50+ bikers - this you dont want to do

the reason you never hear anything about the 1% clubs is because they don't attract attention for a reason - unless they feel they have 2

on a lighter note , about 20 of us were drinking in mc dades in Dublin city ctr , a certain MC club from Dublin we drinking with us
    they had picked up a load of girls and were taking them off for some fun , the girls had no lids - they all piled onto the bikes , started up and were about to head off , when 2 cops started to walk up to stop them , the Sargent in arms shouted to the 2 cops " you saw ****ing nothing - keep walking " and that they did - what were they going to do ?? nothing - that's what

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

when 2 cops started to walk up to stop them , the Sargent in arms shouted to the 2 cops " you saw ****ing nothing - keep walking " and that they did - what were they going to do ?? nothing - that's what

Gob****es.

Gob****es.

who? the cops or the club ?

who? the cops or the club ?

Both. Club for acting the dope and the cops for not doing anything

Both. Club for acting the dope and the cops for not doing anything

you are forgetting that these are a 1% OUTLAW bike club , they do not do cooperation with the cops very well , especially when the cop is getting in the way of his ride for the night - and the cops are WELL aware of this fact , that is why they did not do anything - no point in starting something you are going to lose

you should read up on the HA prez sonny barger , then you might have a idea why they do what they do

or a book on the first english HA prez " buttons "

you are forgetting that these are a 1% OUTLAW bike club , they do not do cooperation with the cops very well , especially when the cop is getting in the way of his ride for the night - and the cops are WELL aware of this fact , that is why they did not do anything - no point in starting something you are going to lose

you should read up on the HA prez sonny barger , then you might have a idea why they do what they do

or a book on the first english HA prez " buttons "

Feck that , not into reading books . I know enough bikers and cops to see it from both sides point of view and came up with the conclusion that I'm just not interested in them at all. Each to their own and all that . Fook it, the roads big enough for all of us.

• Advertisement

Feck that , not into reading books . I know enough bikers and cops to see it from both sides point of view and came up with the conclusion that I'm just not interested in them at all. Each to their own and all that . Fook it, the roads big enough for all of us.

well it looks like you can read the computer screen so here ya go

and then maybe you will see why the club were right, and the cops were being stupid

might is right in these situations

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonny_Barger
    http://www.itsdeadlicious.com/2008/10/buttons-making-of-president.html
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outlaws_Motorcycle_Club

should keep ya off the streets for a hour or 2 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

interesting reading,

I have barely left the house in the last 6 months due to an asshole in a van writing off me and my bike and I have seen at least one patch everyday. They are everywhere down here, foreign MCs arriving on the boat and local MCs.

I have barely left the house in the last 6 months due to an asshole in a van writing off me and my bike and I have seen at least one patch everyday. They are everywhere down here, foreign MCs arriving on the boat and local MCs.
    Their always around here alright. I can't remember a time of not seeing them around here. Maybe they know Waterford rocks out with its cock out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Their always around here alright. I can't remember a time of not seeing them around here. Maybe they know Waterford rocks out with its cock out.

Don't mention the rock... :P

i'll put a tenner on petrol pump attendant

but does not really matter what his connection is , he deals with them professionally so they are hardly going to show their nasty side now are they

im sorry but if that is his view of the 1% clubs in Ireland then he has never really had any dealings with them other than his professional life

You'd lose that tenner my walter mitty friend. You need to get a life and stop telling big fat porky pie's making out like you know what your talking about.

[/QUOTE]on a lighter note , about 20 of us were drinking in mc dades in Dublin city ctr , a certain MC club from Dublin we drinking with us
    they had picked up a load of girls and were taking them off for some fun , the girls had no lids - they all piled onto the bikes , started up and were about to head off , when 2 cops started to walk up to stop them , the Sargent in arms shouted to the 2 cops " you saw ****ing nothing - keep walking " and that they did - what were they going to do ?? nothing - that's what[/QUOTE]

Oh my god your SO full of ****. You need to go to your doctor and get some anti-bull**** pills you loser

i have seen first hand how this can end lives violently

Are you saying you have witnessed a murder? Cops might want to speak to you so. Are do you think the "Sargent at arms" would be afraid and tell them to not get involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

You'd lose that tenner my walter mitty friend. You need to get a life and stop telling big fat porky pie's making out like you know what your talking about.
    on a lighter note , about 20 of us were drinking in mc dades in Dublin city ctr , a certain MC club from Dublin we drinking with us
    they had picked up a load of girls and were taking them off for some fun , the girls had no lids - they all piled onto the bikes , started up and were about to head off , when 2 cops started to walk up to stop them , the Sargent in arms shouted to the 2 cops " you saw ****ing nothing - keep walking " and that they did - what were they going to do ?? nothing - that's what

Oh my god your SO full of ****. You need to go to your doctor and get some anti-bull**** pills you loser
    Are you saying you have witnessed a murder? Cops might want to speak to you so. Are do you think the "Sargent at arms" would be afraid and tell them to not get involved.

Calm down there, this is the internet after all, you should take all things with a grain of salt from everyone you don't know, but calling bullsh1t doesn't necessarily have to be done over and over. You don't believe him, others might, in fact given how many posts he has it's likely someone here knows him.

The sum of what he said anyway is don't wear a back patch/top and bottom rockers unless you are in an MC that already does because there are those that take exception, while you could argue about his credentials and if he is a 1%er you can't argue that that is true. There are people who would take exception to any back patch that isn't "earned" the same way they did. It's kinda stupid that someone can't just have whatever they want written on the back, but it's true that someone in an MC might take offence.

Whether his stories are true or not is beside the point, but that doesn't negate that he is right about people taking exception.

Calm down there, this is the internet after all, you should take all things with a grain of salt from everyone you don't know, but calling bullsh1t doesn't necessarily have to be done over and over. You don't believe him, others might, in fact given how many posts he has it's likely someone here knows him.

The sum of what he said anyway is don't wear a back patch/top and bottom rockers unless you are in an MC that already does because there are those that take exception, while you could argue about his credentials and if he is a 1%er you can't argue that that is true. There are people who would take exception to any back patch that isn't "earned" the same way they did. It's kinda stupid that someone can't just have whatever they want written on the back, but it's true that someone in an MC might take offence.

Whether his stories are true or not is beside the point, but that doesn't negate that he is right about people taking exception.

I do actually know this guy through some classic car guys I do work for (mechanic by the way). He is a total fairy a walter mitty and does not have a breeze.

• Advertisement

but would never dream in a million years of saying it to me in person

Next time I see you round Arklow il come introduce myself to you.

Advertisement