Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N8 replacement.

Options
  • 12-07-2012 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

I've just dropped and smashed my N8.

I used to absolutely love it - before my 'upgrade' to belle. my contract is just up and I was planning to wait and see about the pureview 808.

What am I going to do now?

What can I replace it with? and how should I go about it. I'm eligible for an o2 upgrade. I was paying 45euors a month but I had been planning to maybe change to a 20 euro pay as you go. I send about 300 texts but use no calls or data.

would it be an option to just replace screen? is that costly? does anyone know of a place in Cork?

I'd really appreciate any advice especially as to what would be similar featurewise.

I like the hdmi out, the mass storage capability, the fm transmitter, the sat nav and I need a good camera.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

There is no other phone out there that will match the n8 for hardware spec. If I were you I'd return it for repair, shouldn't cost too much. Tell them software wasn't functioning properly since belle upgrade, they may reinstall it, it could improve functionality. The 808 is an up upgrade, mainly for camera and ram, and it has all hardware n8 has, but is pricey. If you could get another 6-9 months out of n8, hopefully 808 will have come down a bit. That's my plan anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Devane

I'd contact a Nokia Care outlet.
    http://www.nokia.com/ie-en/store-finder?nStoreTypes=470

Select a county on the left and it'll list 47 places for Cork. Its probably out of warranty for dropping it but it doesn't hurt to ask for a quote.

If you're getting another phone don't assume the phone will have FM Transmitter, removable disc mode or even the ability to send a photo by bluetooth. I was shocked when I checked out Windows Phones. So another N8 or the 808 is the way to go.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

mrs aol wrote: »
    I've just dropped and smashed my N8.
    Smashed what? The screen? They are very easy to replace. I've even done it myself with a few Nokia phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭mrs aol

I did send an email re having the screen replaced but no reply yet.

I suppose the good had gone out of my N8 for me since Belle really, even tho I know it has the best set of features.

Decided to go with the Xperia S I'll reassess when the pureview 808 is more available.

Big change in OS, etc, obviously, but I actually quite like the Xperia so far. Quick P&S snaps actually very good. Screen excellent. Phone in general very fast to respond. Early days but first impressions good.

Thanks for the replies.

Advertisement