Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HOW MANY FEEDS

Options
  • 12-07-2012 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭

Hi my twin baby's are 4 months and 2 weeks old now.they sleep through the night from 10:30 pm till 7 am the next morning the thing is my baby's usually only get 4 feeds a day not 5 feeds. Twin a boy eats 200ml /240ml each feed and twin b girl gets 170ml / 200ml each feed ,i think this is enough as they are putting on weight and don't seem to be hungry,but my wife thinks they need to be eating more. anyone got any advice please

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭doubletrouble?

ZX four feeds seem ok especially if they're sleeping most of the night. when you say feeds does this mean they only get milk?. if so try them on sunshine orange, fruity rice basically anything from 4 months onwards. make small portions. give them some bottle then some rice , sunshine ( or whatever you make up) then some more bottle. thats how we tried things. it's all boils down to trial and error. when the twins have had enough they'll let you know. the most our twins drink is 200mls per feed with no food if with food 150/200mls. they wake at 8am first which is first feed then a feed every four hours unless they they're hungry in between till they go to bed at 7.30/8pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭IsItJustMeOr...

I'm not offering much advice here but I too had been wondering about this for my little man and he is just 3 months. He feeds on 4 to 5 240ml bottles of the Aptamil Hungry Baby a day. Day about the amount of feeds alternate.

My PHN assured me just this week at his developmental check that it's fine. He too sleeps a full night so wakening him for a feed on the days he only takes 4 bottles would be madness (i've been assured!). If they are hungry, they'll wake up. Apparently I can start weaning him in a few weeks.

He's my first so it's all a learning curve!! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

We be starting baby rise soon ,i would say my boy could start tomorrow he loves his food:D my girl i am not so sure of she is a slow eater and every second feed is a battle with her ,she had to stay in the special care longer :(because she would not eat enough and had to be tube fed they were both premature when borne would this affect when we can start them on solids

Advertisement