Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deus Ex - The Movie !!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Ahhh cmon, that part where it turns into FPS ?
    I worked in the cinema when that came out, it was great :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Admitidly, that was a nice section, and a great nod for fans. (pity about the rest of the movie :p )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I have heard that so many game rights have been bought up for movies, bioshock, metroid, god of war......etc and nothing ever comes of them. Look at the Halo one as a great example.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Admitidly, that was a nice section, and a great nod for fans. (pity about the rest of the movie :p )

I thought that section was terrible!

My eyes rolled so hard they fell out my head and bounced down the steps of the cinema.

Apparently the Fassen-cock is to star in the Assassin's Creed film

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

the game's production deserved more than that shoddy engine, tbh and this feels about right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

TomCo wrote: »
    I thought that section was terrible!

My eyes rolled so hard they fell out my head and bounced down the steps of the cinema.

I can't bloody well win with this! :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I retain hope that Ace Attorney is indeed the gaming movie we've always wanted, as some early reports have indicated.

Also: shame on you, anyone who said anything positive about Doom or Prince of Persia. Shame!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

No joke: I would love to see CCP produce a feature length film based in the Eve universe. Look at their trailers, they're usually bloody fantastic.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Bumping thread for an update: a director / writer is now attached to the project. The duo behind Sinister , Scott Derrickson & C. Robert Cargill, will direct & write respectively. Never saw Sinister myself, but they're not exactly names to get excited about.

A film version of this franchise has massive potential; it could still be a thoughtful, intelligent sci-fi epic in the mould of the dystopian classics from the past, but let's be honest - all things being equal, it'll be less Blade Runner & more Total Recall (2012)

Mods: I'd say given this is now taking off proper, the thread should be moved to the 'films' forum, no?

• Advertisement

It to do with games though, I never check the films forum. Happily leave it here and update as needed I say :D

Advertisement