Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

netflix picture freezing

Options
  • 12-07-2012 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭

The picture on netflix keeps freezing and not updating itself. Yet I'm getting sound. I'm getting consistently around 4-5mbps download and around 2 mbps so I wouldn't have thought it was a speed thing. Anyone else have this problem?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

You don't say what device. Does it work ok on your pc when plugged in by ethernet? Please don't say you're trying this on mobile broadband :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    You don't say what device. Does it work ok on your pc when plugged in by ethernet? Please don't say you're trying this on mobile broadband :eek:
    Yep on 3g/hspa on Samsung galaxy S3. It should work with the speeds though shouldn't it?

Netflix is something your provider really don't want you using. Mobile isn't designed for stuff like this. The mobile networks would be great if people didn't use them as a fixed broadband substitute. The speed you see is most likely the speed of the sector that everyone connected to it shares, it's not guaranteed.

Connect to wifi and use it, bet it'll work.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

It should really be working though. Other people have told me they use it through mobile broadband and never mentioned any problems.

Try it on wifi, if it works, it's the provider or their network

• Advertisement
Advertisement