Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying for phone order with credit card

Options
  • 12-07-2012 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭

I just tried to order an item from a shop, that I have bought from in the past.
    I would normally pay by credit card over the phone and they would deliver.

Today i tried to order something, I am told that the banks have now limited credit card transactions over the phone to €100. WTF?

I can order the goods from England a little cheaper but I give the business to this shop because a nicer family run business I have not yet met.

Are these banks really trying to bury this country or what.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Ring your bank and ask them. You only have one side of the story so far, which may not be accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

I have no reason to not believe them, as they were willing to wait until 7.30 if I could call in and pay. It was purely the fact that the bank won't guarantee any credit card payment over a €100 taken on the phone. If I go to the shop and use my pin there would be no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Well, it may come down to the restrictions placed on your credit card to prevent fraudulent transactions. If you have to enter the PIN in person, it reduces the risk of fraud.

It may also be a shop imposed policy - and they are allowed to do this.

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions.

Advertisement