Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suspicious couple!

• 12-07-2012 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

There about a month ago and a bit this attractive looking couple and their two kids moved in a couple of doors up. My OH came back from her girl’s night with a few neighbours and this family was discussed. They haven’t worked a day since they moved in and one neighbour heard that they even went on a 2 week holiday to Disneyland USA. Not only that, but they have 2 cars not over 3 years old. We are now fearing that they might be drug dealers and that’s not what we want in our estate. We never had anything like this before.
    When they moved in first there was a steady stream of youths going in and spending about an hour before emerging again. That has stopped and they went for their ”trip” He is always out smiling and saying hellow trying to blend in whilst she goes on expensive shopping trips laden down with bags when she gets home. How should we approach this and could we get the guards to look them up?
    Thanks.
    Have you ever been suspicious about a couple.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

He is always out smiling and saying hellow trying to blend in whilst she goes on expensive shopping trips laden down with bags when she gets home. How should we approach this and could we get the guards to look them up? Thanks.

I'd be suspicious of anyone who goes around saying hellow.

They are probably Aliens.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

They haven't done anything, so step away from the curtain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

I hear his prices are very competitive :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

Maybe they got a nice claim or they work from home,

though saying that i did once have a crazy prozzie and her coke pushing boyfriend live up the road from me at one stage in Limerick. no one knew till the house got raided on night. was a decent place to live and all

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

They could have just come into some money?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

Lotto winners with many nieces and nephews dropping in to congragulate them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Maybe they are Lotto winners.

The young people were people calling round for a nanny job or something or house sitting while they were away.

They could be freelance writers/web designers/journalists and looking for locals to help write or photograph for them.

Just cause the majority of people do drugs these days doesn't mean that everyone sells them too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

allibastor wrote: »
    Maybe they got a nice claim or they work from home,

though saying that i did once have a crazy prozzie and her coke pushing boyfriend live up the road from me at one stage in Limerick. no one knew till the house got raided on night. was a decent place to live and all

COKE:eek:
    Sweet Jseus no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭amacca

They are clearly running a brothel catering to the needs of cash rich young drug dealers

I'd say you should save up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

We are now fearing that they might be drug dealers and that’s not what we want in our estate. We never had anything like this before.[/FONT]

You get to pick where you live, you do not get to pick who lives near you.

Tough, but them's the breaks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Unless they are causing problems for you and your neighbors then dont worry, and besides its none of your business. For all you know they could have won the lotto and want a quieter life. Or maybe the wife is a ride and she's selling herself to young lads.

Either way there's no problems so dont worry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

Could possibly be lotto winners :) would explain the money and expensive shopping trips, holidays & not working. Might not really expalin the visiting youths though.

If they were involved in the drugs trade, then they could already be on the Gardai's radar, but whether or not the Gardai would disclose this to you I am not sure. Sure you could make an apointment to have a quiet word with your local Superintendent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Maybe they work from home?

COKE:eek:
    Sweet Jseus no.

yeah, a full sized coke press and all were found. just to keep you on your toes and all

Oh and also isn't your OH an awful gossip to be chatting behind peoples backs like that. wouldn't have thought to invite her round to the girls night? Welcome her to the neighbourhood?

there maybe a rational explanation but just in case i think you should play it safe and lynch the fcukers

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭fatalll

Probably go a loan from the bank...
    sold their house that they couldnt afford and downsized....
    :-)
    still probably owe the bank....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

danniemcq wrote: »

Just cause the majority of people do drugs these days doesn't mean that everyone sells them too

Do they? :confused:

they went to disneyland?
    how suspicious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

all this because you dont see them working? if i had a neighbour like you id do everything to get rid of you. mind your own business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Knock on the door, say hello, have a conversation. Problem solved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

It doesn't take an hour to hand over cash for drugs.

humbert wrote: »
    Knock on the door, say hello, have a conversation. Problem solved.

Yea like thats gonna work.
    1: End up him shooting me cos I know his sordid secerts.
    2: End up a coke addict form his deadly deals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭preddy

Vigilante Justice is the only way to go on this.
    I suggest you gather up all the local nosey F**kers and get down there and get them out out out!

Nobody likes a lotto winner!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Neighbourhood watch surprise house inspection.

Yea like thats gonna work.
    1: End up him shooting me cos I know his sordid secerts.
    2: End up a coke addict form his deadly deals.

just wait till they both go out and then break in the back door of the house. at least that way you can be sure if they are doing something or not. problem solved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

There about a month ago and a bit this attractive looking couple and their two kids moved in a couple of doors up. My OH came back from her girl’s night with a few neighbours and this family was discussed. They haven’t worked a day since they moved in and one neighbour heard that they even went on a 2 week holiday to Disneyland USA. Not only that, but they have 2 cars not over 3 years old. We are now fearing that they might be drug dealers and that’s not what we want in our estate. We never had anything like this before.
    When they moved in first there was a steady stream of youths going in and spending about an hour before emerging again. That has stopped and they went for their ”trip” He is always out smiling and saying hellow trying to blend in whilst she goes on expensive shopping trips laden down with bags when she gets home. How should we approach this and could we get the guards to look them up?
    Thanks.

Have ye tried to welcome this couple and their kids or have ye all decided they are drug dealers?
    They could have won money or maybe they were made redundant and got redundancy and have decided to take some time out with their kids.
    I don't think any garda would entertain busy body neighbours who have nothing better to do than talking about their neighbours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Doesn't take an hour to buy drugs. Whoring yourself out is usually done by the hour though. Maybe go over and knock on the door and when she answers tap on your wallet and tell her you have a fat wad if she's willing to do business. You'll soon find out what her story is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Talk about paranoia!

Is this caused by some type of jealousy or something?

• Advertisement

just ask him how many baggies you would need to cut up an eightball. if he answers you with a high number you know he is a drug dealer.

if he looks at you funny then walks away, he is a clever drug dealer and will not be fooled by such things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

Massively wild speculations about a couple that have done nothing. I wouldn't worry about what they will do to the neighbourhood it already is a horrible place to live.
    The suggestion that they are drug dealers is hysterical and not in the funny sense. Nobody waits around an hour for a pick up. Nobody doing well stores the stuff in their house either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

Completely OT, just saw your location OP

52 warmoesstraat, just down the street from stone's cafe amiright?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

Why not get your children to knock on their door and ask for drugs and see what they say?

Do they? :confused:

according to this boards poll yes!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055940455

very scientific i know, but if you look at the numbers that have done something and those that haven't and include take into account the number of people that refuse to admit it for work reasons ot whatever the numbers start adding up, plus you could technically include alcohol as a drug if you really wanted to skew a result but i won't!

honestly the post i made was slightly tongue in cheek but looking at surverys for the last few mins and its kinda showing true. if not now for certain in the next few years as the drug filled youth grow up and another takes its place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Sarah**

Maybe its "The Joneses"....:D

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1285309/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Disneyland? Of course, a haven for drug barons and warlords.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I used to have neighbours just like you OP, before I killed them and buried them in the mountains.

It's the reason I prefer not to have neighbours, nosy busy bodies who can't mind their own business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,898 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Thanks.

I find your post very disturbing OP. Give these people a chance - they are openly friendly and not interfering with you are any of your neighbors. Why would you assume that they are doing something illegal? They could be on leave from work to accommodate their move and having a holiday at the same time. In my opinion people rarely cr*p on their own doorsteps, especially if they have young children. I'm Chairperson of our residents association and if someone brought this issue to me I'd tell them where to get off. Possibly a bit of envy here also because they have a bit of money.

• Advertisement

Ok, so I rang the OH and told her to relax, there is probably nothing to worry about but she says she will prove me wrong.
    I think I will do that, next time I am walking by and he is out tending his flowers, and introduce myself and see what kind of people they are.

Ok, so I rang the OH and told her to relax, there is probably nothing to worry about but she says she will prove me wrong.
    I think I will do that, next time I am walking by and he is out tending his flowers, and introduce myself and see what kind of people they are.

no, no, no, no...

go undercover and bring his criminal empire down, go rent donnie brasco and then get back to me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭LarryMac

davet82 wrote: »
    no, no, no, no...

go undercover and bring his criminal empire down, go rent donnie brasco and then get back to me :)

Don't suppose his name is Nigel AKA Nidge???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Bet his "flowers" are them jazz fag plants.

I hope he tells you to piss off, that will teach you to be so suspicious in future.
    Are his flowers bigger than yours?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Have sex with the wife, then see if she asks for money. That way you'll know whether she's a prostitute or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭crazy cabbage

Thanks.

Eerrmm. They havent done anything wrong. You proberly havent even talked to them yet have you?

How about this. Instead of conjering up silly drug dealing fansities, you go around and talk to them. Invite them over to dinner or something. That is what we always do if someone new moves in beside us. Then you can talk about their jobs, and kids and sex life or whatever else you want. Point is you spreading roomers without any evidence helps no one.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Diapason

I'd say they're swingers too.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Behind the Fence

Or maybe

They are two teachers on their holidays who happen to give grinds to students for about an hour at a time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

WTF!? The problem here doesn't seem to be them but you, unless they are bothering you then mind your own business.

• Advertisement
Advertisement