Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suspicious couple!

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

How should we approach this..

Maybe perhaps by just getting a life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

For the OP

A nosy neighbor can try the patience of even the saintliest of individuals. Such people seem to have nothing better to do with their time and energy than mind other people's business. If you have a nosy neighbor, you know all too well what this is like.
    A nosy neighbor knows what time you and all of your family members leave the house each day and what time you return. They will regularly scope out the exterior of your house to see if you've added any new fixtures or decorations, mowed your lawn lately, gotten a new paint job or received a pressure wash. It almost seems as though they never leave their own house, for fear that they might miss something that is taking place at yours!people who routinely snoop and gossip actually detract from the quality of the neighborhood, because they cause others to feel uneasy and distrustful. It is, of course, unlikely that you will say or do anything to directly change these people and their behaviors. But changing yours is worth the effort if it restores peace in your life and your family. Your home is the one place where you should be able to relax and unwind - without worrying that you are being spied on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

When they moved in first there was a steady stream of youths going in and spending about an hour before emerging again

It only takes a few seconds to buy drugs, it takes about an hour to ride a hooker though!

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

There about a month ago and a bit this attractive looking couple and their two kids moved in a couple of doors up. My OH came back from her girl’s night with a few neighbours and this family was discussed. They haven’t worked a day since they moved in and one neighbour heard that they even went on a 2 week holiday to Disneyland USA. Not only that, but they have 2 cars not over 3 years old. We are now fearing that they might be drug dealers and that’s not what we want in our estate. We never had anything like this before.
    When they moved in first there was a steady stream of youths going in and spending about an hour before emerging again. That has stopped and they went for their ”trip” He is always out smiling and saying hellow trying to blend in whilst she goes on expensive shopping trips laden down with bags when she gets home. How should we approach this and could we get the guards to look them up?
    Thanks.
    Have you ever been suspicious about a couple.

Similar problem here OP.
    Just moved into a house about a month ago and this fella a few doors down is very suspicious. Now we're an attractive couple, neither of us work because of my gamy leg and himself being heir to the Tayto dynasty, so we stay at home mostly except when we went to Disneland USA for two weeks, paid for by giving some local youths maths grinds in the weeks leading up to it (1 hour per session).
    Now this wan a few doors down, keeps spying at us out through his curtains and
    snooping around our two cars.
    He acts very odd indeed, even when I pop out of the house to say "hellow".
    He doesn't work either, I suspect he may be a drug dealer

realies wrote: »
    For the OP

A nosy neighbor can try the patience of even the saintliest of individuals. Such people seem to have nothing better to do with their time and energy than mind other people's business. If you have a nosy neighbor, you know all too well what this is like.
    A nosy neighbor knows what time you and all of your family members leave the house each day and what time you return. They will regularly scope out the exterior of your house to see if you've added any new fixtures or decorations, mowed your lawn lately, gotten a new paint job or received a pressure wash. It almost seems as though they never leave their own house, for fear that they might miss something that is taking place at yours!people who routinely snoop and gossip actually detract from the quality of the neighborhood, because they cause others to feel uneasy and distrustful. It is, of course, unlikely that you will say or do anything to directly change these people and their behaviors. But changing yours is worth the effort if it restores peace in your life and your family. Your home is the one place where you should be able to relax and unwind - without worrying that you are being spied on!
    But you forget one important thing.......
    When your house gets broken into, saw ****ing nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

RVP 11 wrote: »
    But you forget one important thing.......
    When your house gets broken into, saw ****ing nothing.

That doesn't make sense¿

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭kyote00

Probably just on the dole .....:D

(runs for cover)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭ClickityClick

I don't know where to post this, so here goes. Every now and then, along comes a competition with a fabulous prize. But does anybody know who the winners are? i.e. aside from Lotto and TV programmes!:confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Maybe they are both school teachers? both college lecturers? The students that are arriving at the house there giving grinds too? What a load of tosh making them accusations! the amount of JEALOUSY is unreal with that first post!

And i hope your not saying this to the other neighbours and trying to make them feel unconfortable where they live because of this jealousy. You have nothing better to do than making accusations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

I knew a few people dealing drugs from their family homes back a few years ago, if anything they broke because they were dealing to fund their own habit, never saw a new car or heard of them going on fancy holidays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

I don't know where to post this, so here goes. Every now and then, along comes a competition with a fabulous prize. But does anybody know who the winners are? i.e. aside from Lotto and TV programmes!:confused:

The winners are the OP's neighbors, EVERY TIME :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

There about a month ago and a bit this attractive looking couple and their two kids moved in a couple of doors up. My OH came back from her girl’s night with a few neighbours and this family was discussed. They haven’t worked a day since they moved in and one neighbour heard that they even went on a 2 week holiday to Disneyland USA. Not only that, but they have 2 cars not over 3 years old. We are now fearing that they might be drug dealers and that’s not what we want in our estate. We never had anything like this before.
    When they moved in first there was a steady stream of youths going in and spending about an hour before emerging again. That has stopped and they went for their ”trip” He is always out smiling and saying hellow trying to blend in whilst she goes on expensive shopping trips laden down with bags when she gets home. How should we approach this and could we get the guards to look them up?
    Thanks.
    Have you ever been suspicious about a couple.

It's like that movie Goldeneye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,898 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Ok, so I rang the OH and told her to relax, there is probably nothing to worry about but she says she will prove me wrong.

Nice!! Flippin' glad I don't live near you - at least I hope I don't :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

spy photo of OP

were in your garden masterbating!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

A gallon of petrol and a match through the letterbox should set the OP's mind at rest :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

I was about to say the grinds teacher thing too . Grinds teachers have been known to work until 12 midnight during the busy periods.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭somegirl2009

mind your own business!!!!

don't be jealous

and get on with your own life as it doesn't sound as your neighbour is doing anything to you..................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭WumBuster

Maybe they are boardsie moderators! :D

There could be numerous explanations, even if you are right on your 'hunch' and they are running some illegal business or drugs trade, I still dont think you should get any way involved. Those kind of people are rarely oblivious to the authorities anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Do they look suspicious?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

I'd rather live next door to the drug dealer than the OP at least the dealer will mind his own business.

Some people really need to take up a hobby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

As partners all couples are to be treated with suspicion.

And anyone who feels incomplete without one, is pathetic for only u can make you whole again.

Come on OP whats happening ?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Come on OP whats happening ?????
    He went round to introduce himself. Turns out they're into s&m and now he's trussed up like a turkey in their basement with a big feather sticking out of his hole. Which serves him right really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,898 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Pottler wrote: »
    He went round to introduce himself. Turns out they're into s&m and now he's trussed up like a turkey in their basement with a big feather sticking out of his hole. Which serves him right really.

Thanks Pottler, best laugh I've had today:). If only it were true!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Pottler wrote: »

I'd would just like to ask.... 'how d'fuk do you know that ?'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭rednik

I've been very paranoid since Tim Robbins and Joan Cusack moved in next door, she really has an evil smile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Yea like thats gonna work.
    1: End up him shooting me cos I know his sordid secerts.
    2: End up a coke addict form his deadly deals.

Sound like you've already formed your narrow-minded, preconceived notion of these people, who you know nothing about. Not only are they crooked drug-dealers (no proof), they're also gangland criminals who enjoy shooting people who knock on their door.

Your second point actually made me laugh.. :pac:.. Deadly deals :pac:

Sound like you've already formed your narrow-minded, preconceived notion of these people, who you know nothing about. Not only are they crooked drug-dealers (no proof), they're also gangland criminals who enjoy shooting people who knock on their door.

Your second point actually made me laugh.. :pac:.. Deadly deals :pac:

Ot but there was a chap in my area in a wheelchair who sold drugs around the shops,he was known as deals on wheels, True :pac::p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Learned a valuable reason in life today; never judge someone. The OH was in the playground this afternoon and was minding her own business when in walked a glamorous lady and her two kid. The OH finally got talking to her and lo and behold its our new neighbour. Turns out and its been mentioned they are teachers. Well she said she is fantastic and invited her to over to her girls tea nights I think its in our house next; she also suggested that he go for a few pints sometime but as it happens he gave up drink few years back (wonder who is wearing the trousers in that house). Anyway its such a relief that the estate is safe again and as Iv said its important never make judgment on someone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Learned a valuable reason in life today; never judge someone.

No you didn't.
    The OH was in the playground this afternoon and was minding her own business when in walked a glamorous lady and her two kid. The OH finally got talking to her and lo and behold its our new neighbour. Turns out and its been mentioned they are teachers. Well she said she is fantastic and invited her to over to her girls tea nights I think its in our house next; she also suggested that he go for a few pints sometime but as it happens he gave up drink few years back (wonder who is wearing the trousers in that house). Anyway its such a relief that the estate is safe again and as Iv said its important never make judgment on someone.

But please, don't neglect to keep us updated on the fascinating details of your life.

Coming up on Monday: A local child hits your window with a football: should you report the parents to a social worker?
    And Mrs. Griffin smiles and says hello at the milkman when she passes him. What's going on there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Maybe you can have a laugh with them over that time you thought they were drug dealers and posted for advice on a national forum.

It might have been his own decision to give up drink? And I love how your estate is safe again when it wasn't endangered in the first place.

• My God, you are SO nosy. I wonder what my neighbours must think of me. I leave the house at different times every day, sometimes have entire weekdays off, have people coming to the house at weekends and in the evenings and I've recently taken two holidays and acquired a nice expensive-looking designer handbag.

This is because I'm a teacher and have different classes/schedules every day, I sometimes work from home doing translation and proofreading, I give grinds and English lessons to students, been abroad to visit friends and inherited a lovely bag from a family member.

Never committed a crime more serious than jaywalking but according to you, I must be a drug dealer. Get a life OP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

mattjack wrote: »
    I'd would just like to ask.... 'how d'fuk do you know that ?'
    I was watching from behind the net curtains in the front bedroom. I ran in to try and save him but the good looking missus was too quick for me. I'm typing this with my elbow, trussed up next to him. I'm dreading the feather...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Eoin247

1210m5g wrote: »

I agree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Dont mean to be smart but I was right !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Ot but there was a chap in my area in a wheelchair who sold drugs around the shops,he was known as deals on wheels, True :pac::p

:D I would thank this all day if I could.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

As crazy as this thread was in the first place, I actually love when you get the ending to the story.

(I live a sad life I know) :pac:

Learned a valuable reason in life today; never judge someone. The OH was in the playground this afternoon and was minding her own business when in walked a glamorous lady and her two kid. The OH finally got talking to her and lo and behold its our new neighbour. Turns out and its been mentioned they are teachers. Well she said she is fantastic and invited her to over to her girls tea nights I think its in our house next; she also suggested that he go for a few pints sometime but as it happens he gave up drink few years back (wonder who is wearing the trousers in that house). Anyway its such a relief that the estate is safe again and as Iv said its important never make judgment on someone.

It be safer when you move out and get yourself a cabin on top of a mountain,With great views all around,don't forget your telescope :D:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Ah, nice to meet you Mr. Van De Camp. Please tell your wife, Bree, that I said "hi".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Eoin247

Learned a valuable reason in life today; never judge someone. The OH was in the playground this afternoon and was minding her own business when in walked a glamorous lady and her two kid. The OH finally got talking to her and lo and behold its our new neighbour. Turns out and its been mentioned they are drug dealers Well she said she is fantastic and invited her to over to her girls pot nights I think its in our house next; she also suggested that he go for a few lines sometime but as it happens he gave up cocaine a few years back and is sticking with weed (wonder who is wearing the trousers in that house). Anyway its such a relief that the estate is safe again and as Iv said its important never make judgment on someone.

Fixed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Pandora2

No you didn't.

But please, don't neglect to keep us updated on the fascinating details of your life.

Coming up on Monday: A local child hits your window with a football: should you report the parents to a social worker?
    And Mrs. Griffin smiles and says hello at the milkman when she passes him. What's going on there?

:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

Don't you just love a nosey neighbour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Carson10

A relative of mine here in the West, works from home for a company in London in a really good job. She has a nice house and a big expensive car. Its parked outside the house all day other than running the kids about for school etc.. Maybe your drug dealer neighbours are like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

I hate when these threads turn out to be a misunderstanding. Thankfully I only read the first page and skipped then skipped to the OPs posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,036 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Delightful. She sounds like a fantastic addition to Wisteria Lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭angel_wings

Learned a valuable reason in life today; never judge someone ..... (wonder who is wearing the trousers in that house).
    Just needed to point this contradiction out
    :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

in this day and age, to notice the habits and ins and outs of your neighbours lives, you must have no life of your own OP!

Advertisement