Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best excuse Ive heard !!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

This is the best/worst excuse I've heard from one of my mates - he answers the door sweating buckets with one sock on and one sock off, the other sock is in his hand, his t-shirt is tucked into his jeans. He told us that he ran so fast down the stairs that he built up a sweat and was using his sock to wipe the sweat off his forehead! Yeah... or you were havin a w*nk mate! :rolleyes:

Why did he rush to answer the door?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

So two of Dublin's finest were clueless as to what to do when the woman told them she had no name and they watched as she got on the next bus and just fcuked off home?

Says it all really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,134 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

then why bother mentioning her race/nationality if it has nothing to do with it?

I don't think that it should have been mentioned that the guards were guards either, because it leads to all kinds of abuse.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Boombastic wrote: »
    Did she leave the buggy behind her at the bus stop?

Is the buggy still there?

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Bad Panda wrote: »
    So two of Dublin's finest were clueless as to what to do when the woman told them she had no name and they watched as she got on the next bus and just fcuked off home?.
    Nah i don't think Dublin Bus run a service to Lagos, do they ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

Nah i don't think Dublin Bus run a service to Lagos, do they ?

They barely make it into town!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭validusername1

woodoo wrote: »
    Why's that?

Just the level of PCism is getting hard to bear these days. So what he he mentions it was a woman or a black person or whatever.

'Cause it's 2012, didn't think that sort of thing even still mattered today. Doesn't make a difference to me if you don't see it the same way, vomit all you want :)

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭validusername1

ejmaztec wrote: »
    then why bother mentioning her race/nationality if it has nothing to do with it?

I don't think that it should have been mentioned that the guards were guards either, because it leads to all kinds of abuse.:(

Maybe that was mentioned 'cause the fact she was talking to guards had a lot to do with it? Wouldn't be any sort of story if she walked off on a random person on the street asking for her name..

• Site Banned Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Higher

If the thread is about the Gardai not being respected then heres one for you:

Last Saturday in Temple Bar some little scrout who couldn't have been more than 13 was hassling tourists. Two squad cars come and a load of tourists gather to watch. The scrout proceeds to curse blindly at the guards, spitting on the ground, lights up a smoke and then starts aggressively pointing his finger at a guard saying he was going to 'batter him'. The guards eventually let him on his merry way to the utter shock of the tourists.

If this thread is about Africans and really poor excuses then heres one for you:

Friend works in a clothing shop on Grafton Street, one day an African man is caught stealing by her. She calls over security guard and he starts calling her a racist. Then he starts calling the security guard a racist as he starts pulling out the stolen clothes from the African man's bagpack. The NEXT day about 15 Africans arrive and protest outside the 'racist' store. By noon they had Irish people coming in to tell the manager that they would never shop there again. When my friend went on her lunch the original African guy pointed her out and some Irish 'do-gooder' started screaming RACIST in her face.

If this thread is about the 13 bus then heres one for you:

....dont really have any stories tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Bruce7

The OP was very insensitive, and I understand why people have gotten upset. To spare any further outrage, the original post should be edited to read:
    An event may or may not have taken place. The details are not relevant.

Actually, this site would be a much better place if every post was edited to say that.

Come to think of it, we should probably burn all the books and replace them with those two sentences.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭VEN

Higher wrote: »
    Friend works in a clothing shop on Grafton Street, one day an African man is caught stealing by her. She calls over security guard and he starts calling her a racist. Then he starts calling the security guard a racist as he starts pulling out the stolen clothes from the African man's bagpack. The NEXT day about 15 Africans arrive and protest outside the 'racist' store. By noon they had Irish people coming in to tell the manager that they would never shop there again. When my friend went on her lunch the original African guy pointed her out and some Irish 'do-gooder' started screaming RACIST in her face.

saw that program last night about shop lifters, in some countries the stores put up photos of known offenders of this crime. i wonder how that would work here. it should be a crime to falsely accuse someone of racism. so in this case that would be 2 offences by this person.

Advertisement