Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa debit card

Options
  • 12-07-2012 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

So confused my laser card is expiring and my bank r after sending me out a VISADEBIT card..

is there hidden charges on these. is it almost like the credit card. some info would be of help :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

Better than a Laser card, same idea, but accepted anywhere Visa is, including online. No extra charges

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

A week ago I would have said the same.

However, this weekend I noticed that when I top up my toll tag for the M50 now I get charged a €1 card admin fee for using Visa Debit.

I sent a mail to the nice people at Tolltag and this is their response - "If you top up with a credit/visa debit card there is a €1 card processing fee. This is due to the higher cost of processing these cards. This charge has been in place for over a year. The charge can be avoided by topping up with a LASER card. OR minimised by increasing the automatic top up amount."

So now every time my tolltag automatically tops up by €20 the good people of Tolltag trouser €1. Bring back Laser!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

thats a mistake on their part...common on a lot of websites. Visa translates as credit card to them. You need to point out to them its a Visa debit and they need to update their site. I had this same problem a few years ago when UB moved to visa debit on a few sites..at least that was my experience in cases where laser was accepted..

Advertisement