Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snooker Schedule

• 12-07-2012 3:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭

Anyone think this hectic schedule is going to see some other top players take a stance like Ronnie. This week no Higgins, Maguire, Ronnie, Williams, Allen and Trump playing in a ranking event. Also Hendry retiring i know he might have done that anyway but he was talking about how he couldnt cope with the schedule. I like seeing young players come through but i think its too much. Also for players trying to make a break through its alot of money for travelling. For example Bjorn Haneever retiring during the season because he couldnt afford to support himself. Not that he was young but was trying to move up the rankings.

I just find snooker boring these days their are too many average players who are getting to the later stages of tournaments, average not the correct word but not the top players. I now only watch the matches of young players who i would like to see do well. Their are alot of suprises since the schedule got bigger and its meant to be because fringe players are getting more gametime. Maybe this is true but i think it could also be because the top players dont have much interest in all the smaller events. I just think unless something is changed snooker could lose some top players and some young players who simply cant afford a bad run or else they are struggling to afford to play all these tournaments. Their is too much travelling how can you have a family and practice a few hours everyday and have to travel most weekends its too much. I can only see more tournaments going abroad and that could be the end of some of the top players. Hearn has done some good work but i just think he needs to cut down the number of tournaments.

Advertisement