Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A few hours fishing in Galway.

Options
  • 12-07-2012 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

I might be over the wesht for the weekend. I'll probably be around the city on saturday and on Inismore on Sunday. I hear the Canals in Galway are worth a cast?? Has anyone on here rockfished around Inishmor ?? Any noteworthy points ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭keppler

The canals do have a few small trout in them but in my opinion they're not worth the effort. I've often spotted people spinning the corrib river along the grounds of the university (just above the weir). There would be plenty of grilse running now id say and all you would need is a state license as I don't think you need a permit for that part of the river.
    I've often anchored off the coast of inishmor and spent the whole day there due to the amount of fish the area holds, Ive just never rock fished from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭MacraPat

I ended up just bringing the sea rod and rockfisking off Gregorys sound on the south west of Inishmor. Nice auld shpot, got a few wee pollack. Happy days.

Advertisement