Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My 7 month prenant wife is at home painting & flooring

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Rabidlamb wrote: »
    Todays water based paints are odourless & are nothing like what you remember from the 80's.

Fair enough, we've done a fair bit of painting around the gaff the last year or so but stopped when we found out she was pregnant, weren't too sure about the odour, fumes etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

telekon wrote: »
    Fair enough, we've done a fair bit of painting around the gaff the last year or so but stopped when we found out she was pregnant, weren't too sure about the odour, fumes etc.

Was it your first by any chance, we were over protective on everything with the first.
    Wouldn't put the sterilizer away until 365 days were up, angel warning blankets, ringing the hospital when the babies temp went above 38, all the usual.
    The 2nd child raised itself in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Rabidlamb wrote: »
    Was it your first by any chance, we were over protective on everything with the first.
    Wouldn't put the sterilizer away until 365 days were up, angel warning blankets, ringing the hospital when the babies temp went above 38, all the usual.
    The 2nd child raised itself in comparison.

How did you know, that obvious eh? :D

We're going through it at the moment. Its our 2nd attempt so pretty cautious over everything...:o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

LordSmeg wrote: »
    Is two kids not enough for ya ? Why do people insist on infecting the world with more ignorant little bastard kids ?

So that they too can contribute in the future (via their taxes) to your and I state pensions and other free allowance's we might gain in our old dotage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

Is two kids not enough for ya ? Why do people insist on infecting the world with more ignorant little bastard kids ?

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

You make her wear a helmet when she's up on your horse though right?
    Oh my God your name is two words now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

hondasam wrote: »
    Ah come on that'a a little unfair. It's their own choice if they want more kids.

Therein lies the problem, people wanting more kids. Why ? Have a kid and raise it, dont keep poppin em out one after another because I want this and I want that. These aint goldfish they want they are conscious human beings.

Biggins wrote: »
    So that they too can contribute in the future (via their taxes) to your and I state pensions and other free allowance's we might gain in our old dotage?

Yeah I'm sure thats at the top of the list for people to have kids. We need more tax payers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

She's just wiping the spunk off the floor from the next door neighbour before you get home

• Advertisement

davet82 wrote: »
    :eek:

You may be slightly surprised by this but I'm not too fond of kids. :P

No schite Sherlock! :D

your like the anti-santa or somethin, i bet you hate puppys too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

Fizman wrote: »
    Your wife sounds like she smells like sh1t.

I'd say your great company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Therein lies the problem, people wanting more kids. Why ? Have a kid and raise it, dont keep poppin em out one after another because I want this and I want that. These aint goldfish they want they are conscious human beings.

What's wrong with wanting more kids? most people want more than one. It's not about wanting them just for the hell you know.

I kinda got that idea but did not want to have a go at you. you were a kid once yourself.

your like the anti-santa or somethin, i bet you hate puppys too

I dont hate them but I dont think people's wants should allow them to enslave and exploit an animal for pure entertainment. Worse again if its for the entertainment of a snot nosed little kid who doesnt even know what a fcukin dog is.

• Advertisement

I dont hate them but I dont think people's wants should allow them to enslaves and exploit an animal for pure entertainment. ;)

sweet jesus :pac:

I dont hate them but I dont think people's wants should allow them to enslave and exploit an animal for pure entertainment. Worse again if its for the entertainment of a snot nosed little kid who doesnt even know what a fcukin dog is.

Right what little kid pissed in your cornflakes this morning?

All of them I hope! :D

if a little kid did... then i reckon he's dead! :(

What's wrong with wanting more kids? most people want more than one. It's not about wanting them just for the hell you know.

I kinda got that idea but did not want to have a go at you. you were a kid once yourself.

Why want em ? Why does "want" make it valid ? I want a lot of things that are just not an option because I cant just use my want to validate getting them.

I was a kid once, the result of a few awkward moments between two people who's hearts sank the moment the discovered I was going to make an entrance. I tormented them and anyone else I encountered for many years until I learned to conduct myself in a decent manner, I have been miserable and tormented myself for years going through horrible situation (stubbing my toe, standing on plugs) and now I'm on the internet annoying people again with my opinions. I see a life as a self aware being as a curse more so than a gift.

Honestly I think I shouldnt have been born, I think it a cruel thing to subject a being to self awareness and years of misery and I dont think I'll ever find a reason to convince myself to do it. "I want one" certainly isnt enough of a reason.

• Advertisement

The concept of the child pissed in the cornflakes of my life.

Why want em ? Why does "want" make it valid ? I want a lot of things that are just not an option because I cant just use my want to validate getting them.

I was a kid once, the result of a few awkward moments between two people who's hearts sank the moment the discovered I was going to make an entrance. I tormented them and anyone else I encountered for many years until I learned to conduct myself in a decent manner, I have been miserable and tormented myself for years going through horrible situation (stubbing my toe, standing on plugs) and now I'm on the internet annoying people again with my opinions. I see a life as a self aware being as a curse more so than a gift.

Honestly I think I shouldnt have been born, I think it a cruel thing to subject a being to self awareness and years of misery and I dont think I'll ever find a reason to convince myself to do it. "I want one" certainly isnt enough of a reason.

sheesh... buy a bag of weed dude ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Diapason

In fairness though, they look really cute in their little clothes.

ffs I nearly feel sorry for you but not quite there yet :p

I dunno why we want kids it's just a natural thing to want to have a family I guess.
    I understand people who had an unhappy childhood that don't want kids but other than that the majority enjoy parenthood.
    It has it's downsides for some people but honestly I personally cannot find one.

telekon wrote: »
    Worrying about the well being of my pregnant wife and our unborn child is being up on my high horse is it? Well, then yeah, I am. Jesus, listen to yourself...

Nope, looking after the health of your unborn is not. Smug comments about choosing folic acid over paint, is.

ffs I nearly feel sorry for you but not quite there yet :p

I dunno why we want kids it's just a natural thing to want to have a family I guess.
    I understand people who had an unhappy childhood that don't want kids but other than that the majority enjoy parenthood.
    It has it's downsides for some people but honestly I personally cannot find one.

Your looking at it from the perspective of a parent. What does the parent want, how does it affect the parent. To hell with the parent they decided to go through this.

I'm looking at it from the point of the child who had no choice and is now left to deal with existence !!. Should this being exist and have to face hardship and misery and pain and sorrow simply because you "wanted" a kid ? Is a parents pride or satisfaction of being a parent really enough justification to bring a self aware being into the world and force them to survive for 80 odd years ?

I say no.

sheesh... buy a bag of weed dude ;)

No way, that stuff sets my brain going at 100mph and leads me to some very odd conclusions. Also makes me rather paranoid.

I think I'm crazy enough as it is.

Your looking at it from the perspective of a parent. What does the parent want, how does it affect the parent. To hell with the parent they decided to go through this.

I'm looking at it from the point of the child who had no choice and is now left to deal with existence !!. Should this being exist and have to face hardship and misery and pain and sorrow simply because you "wanted" a kid ? Is a parents pride or satisfaction of being a parent really enough justification to bring a self aware being into the world and force them to survive for 80 odd years ?

I say no.

Father Dougal McGuire, will ya stop typing and go git your tea.
    Father Ted is looking for you! :p

Biggins wrote: »
    Father Dougal McGuire, will ya stop typing and go git your tea.
    Father Ted is looking for you! :p

I'LL BE IN IN A MINAAA !!

But seriously I think I'm making some good points here. Is it really coming across as crazy jibberish ? Surely you must as a conscious moral human being justify your reasoning even in regards to reproduction.

Is a mysterious "Want" to have a kid really enough of a justification to create a self aware being and subject them to the cruelty of life ?

I'LL BE IN IN A MINAAA !!

But seriously I think I'm making some good points here. Is it really coming across as crazy jibberish ? Surely you must as a conscious moral human being justify your reasoning even in regards to reproduction.

Is a mysterious "Want" to have a kid really enough of a justification to create a self aware being and subject them to the cruelty of life ?

You have made me lose the will to live right now :mad::p

• Advertisement

You have made me lose the will to live right now :mad::p

Now we are making progress.

Next discussion: Whats the point of it all anyway and wouldnt we all be better off dead ! :pac:

Next discussion: Whats the point of it all anyway and wouldnt we all be better off dead ! :pac:

can we not just go back to talking about paint :(

I wonder if the OP's wife got the floor finished?

Jeeze, your a bright ray of sunshine today! :D:D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

feel sorry for her anyway good luck with her till she sees sense..

phasers wrote: »
    Oh my God your name is two words now

Not for long phasers, not for long :cool:

can we not just go back to talking about paint :(

Yeah paints alright, I like how its not forced into a life of self awareness and pain.

No fumes with these new paints either which is nice for the mother and little one. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Its called nesting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭V_Moth

She's just polishing it off at the moment ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

feel sorry for her anyway good luck with her till she sees sense..

Why do you say that?

shes pregnant.....and doing all the flooring..

Pregnant women be crazy. I'm sure the OP hasn't asked her to do it!

I think the OP is just having a laugh.
    If he is not there is nothing wrong with pregnant women doing what ever she is happy doing neither her nor her baby will come to any harm.

I think the OP is just having a laugh.
    If he is not there is nothing wrong with pregnant women doing what ever she is happy doing neither her nor her baby will come to any harm.

I take it as a blessing.
    If she is busy doing such stuff - she's usually too busy to be nagging me! :D

...Not that I deserve it or anything! :o:D

i suppose if shes doing it herself fair enough..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Nestbuilding innit?

i suppose if shes doing it herself fair enough..

No need to wrap pregnant women in cotton wool.

No need to wrap pregnant women in cotton wool.

Prior to getting my wife pregnant four times, I had her wrapped in PVC and to the bed! :cool:

Works for me! :D

Diapason wrote: »
    In fairness though, they look really cute in their little clothes.

You can enter them in beauty pageants now & everything.

Alas no, she'd half finished when she got to a radiator pipe.
    She tried to but a small circle with the jigsaw instead of just using a hole saw.
    Ruined 2 planks before she gave up.
    Women eh, Pizza was nice though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement