Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lime Tree Theatre

• 12-07-2012 4:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

http://www.limetreetheatre.ie/

Limerick's newest theatre based in Mary Immaculate College.

I just checked out the line up for the next few months, they are even bringing us a Hollywood starlet in October. Hopefully this will go from strength to strenght and help with the title of City of Culture 2014.

Have any of you been yet and what was the performance/theatre like?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

I went to the Seamus Heaney lecture there back in February (or was it March?). It's a beautiful building. One of the finest modern buildings in Limerick from an aesthetic point of view, I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Have to agree that it is a fine building. Am looking forward to when they have something there that I really want to see. Am almost tempted to go to the Meitheal Showcase concert just to find out what the acoustics are like in the building for something more demanding than a lecture.

Mary I people, go get those lovely Kilkenny folk to bring their take on Night Of The Living Dead to Limerick :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Mischa Barton, in Mary I? I might have to don cloves of garlic and risk the environs of the self-styled Catholic college...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

That's what I was thinking Amazon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Mischa Barton, in Mary I? I might have to don cloves of garlic and risk the environs of the self-styled Catholic college...

Far better looking women in Mary I itself than Mischa Barton to be fair. Many would probably be better at acting as well:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

I hear it's hosting a Christmas Pantomime there this year. I also saw some mention on twitter of a few plays coming there shortly.

As an aside, where is the entrance to the car park for it - off the dock road or in off SCRd?

I think the Dock Road entrance, phog.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 pryanTI

Hi there, i'm hoping to buy a number of tickets for the Nualas gig at the Lime Tree and was wondering if anyone knows the Promo/Discount code for the theatre?
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lexielou

I have been twice. I went to 'Steel Magnolias' (funny, I thought Misha Barton was one of the weakest in it) - a real flash back to my 'hey day'. It was superb. Also took the kids to the Panto in January. The Theatre is fab - quite steep, so it means you get a clear view. Also it is narrow enough, with just 4 seats either side of the central seating area, so even if you are seated to the sides you are really in a very good spot. I recommend it. Handy parking too. On another note. A close relative died on the morning of Steel Magnolias and 3 older relatives had tickets to come as part of our group. They were great to take the tickets back - it wasn't a refund though, but in voucher. It was great though not to have to try to find takers for the tickets on a day like that. Thumbs up for th Limetree here

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Havent seen a show there yet but did walk in around Mary I one night and thought it was boring enough looking building maybe cause it was dark.glass and grey weather glaze windows

Is the Lime Tree going to kill off the Belltable for good?

• Advertisement

bigpink wrote: »
    Is the Lime Tree going to kill off the Belltable for good?

The Beltable is killing off the Beltable and no where else. There is plenty of scope for a variety of performances but if no one knows about them then they won't go to see them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

True Lime Tree advertising is much better i got a booklet in the doo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

My girls school, Coláiste Chiaráin are having their annual show there this year instead of UL.

Show dates. Thur 31st Jan, Fri 1st and Sat 2nd.

"Grease"

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭macgabhs

They are different beast really. The Belltable is a smaller venue and generally speaking they wouldn't be competing against one another for acts. The Lime Tree is a true regional grade theatre with full fly tower, stage and light rigging and 500 seats aiming to bring touring shows of a certain size to Limerick and the Midwest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Saw Guerilla Days in Ireland.. fantastic play. Venue is ok.. dosent feel new inside it if that makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lexielou

The Beltable is already gone isn't it?

Advertisement